Pareena Kraikupt stripped of MP status, banned from Thai politics for life

snoop1130

Ex-MP Pareena says she is now completely unemployed

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXcJpe2LuLSFnPuO3WjYg3YvDYmEkTWqv6KJ2H.jpg

Former Palang Pracharath MP for Thailand’s Ratchaburi province Pareena Kraikupt said today (Thursday) that she accepts the verdict of the Supreme Court Criminal Division for Political Office Holders and is trying to move on.

In a brief telephone interview with Thai PBS, following the reading of the court’s verdict, the outspoken former MP admitted that she is now jobless, because there is no poultry left in her farm to be raised, nor are there meetings in parliament for her to attend and there is no need for her to visit people in her constituency any more.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

“For now, I am trying to get over it and, after that, I will consider what to do next,” said the former MP, adding that she would not hold a press conference regarding the court’s verdict but is willing to answer reporters’ questions.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-mp-pareena-says-she-is-now-completely-unemployed/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-04-07

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The crime was deemed a conflict of interest, as well as having damaged the integrity of MPs, both of which are considered ethical violations.

Oozing sanctimony, that for sure.

Another land case. Land bought legally, then suddenly found to be illegal. This seems  a go to move against politicians and political parties, the powers that be, do not like, such as the Thanthorn case.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In a brief telephone interview with Thai PBS, following the reading of the court’s verdict, the outspoken former MP admitted that she is now jobless, because there is no poultry left in her farm to be raised, nor are there meetings in parliament for her to attend and there is no need for her to visit people in her constituency any more.

Pick-up rubbish to keep the streets clean, or is that the supreme courts job?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Pareena, Pareena
Pareena, Pareena
Pareena, Pareena
I hate you soo-o-o-oh
I hate Pareena, and so the story go-o-o-oes.

You know you're old when someone makes an obscure reference to a song from 1960 and you get it immediately. ????????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“For now, I am trying to get over it and, after that, I will consider what to do next,”

Are there no criminal charges to face?

She must have made a deal:

"I give you all my chickens to stay out of jail!"