U.S. President invites Thailand Prime Minister Prayut Chan O’Cha to attend US-ASEAN summit in May, Thai Foreign Minister reveals

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

When asked if the Prime Minister would accept the invitation and join the meeting himself, Don stated that he and Prayut had discussed about the date and time many times and the Prime Minister would arrange his schedule as much as possible to meet the dates.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

The US-ASEAN summit is in DC.  Since Thailand is part of ASEAN why would he not be included?  Next time how about holding the summit in an ASEAN nation.  Long way to go to essentially talk about nothing.  The future of ASEAN is to be aligned with China.  Besides military assistance and training what else can the US offer to any ASEAN nation? 

Ha! OK, joking but the US has my one million baht a year income from the USA supporting me in Thai retirement. Don’t tell the US conservatives, some already see me as a deserter and it really infuriates them that I will be voting in the US 2022 elections by Absentee Ballot!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, that was my initial thought, I was under the impression the USA only dealt with democratically elected leaders. 

I think bellbottoms were in style around the time that changed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.

Actually doubt that there would be any flies on the wall, more like around Prayuth's lips given what comes out of his mouth  ????

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Excel said:

Actually doubt that there would be any flies on the wall, more like around Prayuth's lips given what comes out of his mouth  ????

I think he's going to get the "Are you with us or China" question...

Prayut might consider being busy that day .

• Like 1

The South China Sea has a few possible flashpoints, even Obama said it was cautious area 10 or so years ago.  China needs a solid ally on the SC Sea for naval facilities (like the type they are said to be building with artificial islands) and doesn't have one yet.  Biden will probably ask for assurances that Mr PM not provide them with such.