What does working with a visa agent look like?

I have no experience with visa agents. If you work with an agent, do they go to immigration in place of you? 

Or do you have to go to immigration yourself, and they simply prepare the documents with you, and then sit/stand next to you? If yes, what are the benefits of working with a visa agent?

Edited by ThLT
  • Haha 2

I did it for two years (2020/2021). I did not give them anything except my passport, my bankbook, and lease agreement for my condo. They picked me up using a limo (Kidding though they call it a limo but it was a Honda civic). I signed a form and went to immigration office and straight went inside  (noticed lots of people standing outside in Jomtien office). They took the pic. and immediately I came back to the car waiting outside. The next day I collected my passport with proper stamp. No TM 30, running around for bank statements, lining up to take pics, and taking a queue number in the immigration office and waiting in in lines. All these for 15K while my 800K parked in US stock market earned 10% (this year I am in the USA and stock market is down). I brought 500 USD/month into Thailand like a clock work without worrying about if my bank book is stamped foreign sourced or not (I use wise). No update of bank books often. In fact never updated my bank book in the last two years. I felt good knowing that I spread a fraction of my market gains of 10%/year to the agents, their stuff, and some to the IOs because those unfortunate fellows are not lucky enough to be born in a Western country. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The "other" level of service is to assist those that cannot/not want,

to have funds in the bank.

In that case you would not be attending immigration. 

You would have to attend immigration to sign any documents especially if agent has just opened a bank account for you with 'suddenly required' finances. Plus a photo taken for their data base?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobandyson said:

You would have to attend immigration to sign any documents especially if agent has just opened a bank account for you with 'suddenly required' finances. Plus a photo taken for their data base?  

Opening Bank account would not be done at immigration. 

You would not attend immigration. The process would not be done for example Bangkok if you lived there..

Most agents use Bangkok Bank and yes if the additional service of opening a bank account you would need to attend bank. 

That "extra" is 4.5-5k 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

The visa agent takes the relevant copies for you, completes the forms for you (you just sign them), and if they can get certain documents that you require, they do this as well.

Then they meet you at the immigration office and let you skip the queue. All you have to do is let the IO take the picture and you are done, no talking required, you know your documents are in order.

That's what they do if you qualify for a legit extension, basically just saves you a bit of time, maybe between 1 hour and a few hours, depending on how long the queue at your immigration office usually is.

I think paying 10k+ THB for a few hours of saved time is not worth it, but this is of course my personal opinion, everybody is free to have another opinion.

If you don't qualify for a legit extension, they can maybe still facilitate one for you (for example money in bank requirement), this does of course cost quite a bit more.

What makes you think extensions obtain via an agent are not legit. The extension is signed and stamped by exactly thr same person in all circumstances. Its 100% legit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing worse than having 800k baht sitting in some Thai bank account doing sweet <deleted> all. 

I instead invested my 800k in my home country stock market’s “blue chips” and the profit pays my yearly agent fee … furthermore the 800k has increased in value to nearly 2M (see below). 

My agent does everything. I have never been inside an immigration office….and never want to. 

F7C4F51D-3ABD-407A-9CA4-EC4EA2B357B1.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThLT said:

If you work with an agent, do they go to immigration in place of you? 

Some do and some don't.

12 hours ago, ThLT said:

Or do you have to go to immigration yourself, and they simply prepare the documents with you, and then sit/stand next to you?

Some do and some don't.

It largely depends on the immigration office.

12 hours ago, ThLT said:

If yes, what are the benefits of working with a visa agent?

I started using agents when covid arrived. I no longer have the anxiety experiences, it's a little bit of money for a huge relief for me. 

I've been going to immigration here in Pattaya since the office was located in Soi 8.

Its always been an unpleasant experience for me, I get annoyed quickly with their rules and regulations.

The long queues at immigration office are hot. I just go to my agent, air-conditioned office, they take care of my visa extensions and 90 day reports. 

• Like 1