Payback time! Polite gunman shoots entire family dead - friend hears murders on shocking video call

webfact

screenshot_17696.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported on an extraordinary crime at a house in Pathum Thani yesterday.

A Thai man shot a couple and their five year old son dead in revenge for the alleged planting of drugs at his mother's house. 

The shooter's mum was jailed for 25 years. This was payback time.

Khukhot police captain Kitti Jaihan arrived at house in Moo 11, Soi Hathairat 2, Lam Lukka, Pathum Thani.

Dead just outside the property was Kornwika "Nam" Srikhram, 37 and her five year old son in pools of blood.

Inside was the husband and father of the other victims, Sorawuth "Bell Thiamrak, 27. He was also dead from a gunshot wound.

The shooter was still inside the property. After a considerable standoff with police he surrendered to their custody along with a Glock 19 and ammunition and a Glock 26.

He was named as Min Cheuachum, 29, also known as Kae. 

screenshot_17697.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The mother of Nam, Sureelak Srikhram, 58, said she had been in her house (apparently very close by) with another son when she got a phone call from her daughter who was at the market with her husband and son.

Nam said that a man would be visiting and to give him something to eat if he was hungry while he was waiting for their return.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Kae arrived in a taxi and said "sawatdee" to the older lady politely. She gave her blessings and he smiled. He then waited in her daughter's house.

The family arrived back from the market and were unloading the car. Bell and his son went to their house where the friend was waiting and two shots were heard. 

"They're shooting guns for fun again, said Sureelak. But it was for real. Her daughter went to investigate.

Phichai, 51, said that he had been having a video call with Bell, a man he treated as a younger brother. He wanted to borrow some money. He heard several shots and the screams of a young boy before the line went dead.

He called back and Kae answered the phone.

"Who's that?" asked Phichai to which the person said:

"It's Kae khrap"

"Which Kae - Kae Chai Klong?"

"Yes, that's right khrap".

"Was that a gun I just heard?"

"Oh, Bell was just shooting for fun," came back the reply.

"Oh, can you please put Bell back on the line," requested Phichai.

Then came the stunning news.

"Actually he's dead. I just shot him", then the line was cut again.

Phichai phoned back again and once again Kae answered. 

This time he told Phichai that he had shot all three family members dead. Asked why, he wouldn't say.

Police understand that Kae's mother had been jailed by a court for 25 years after drugs were found at a house. 

Kae believed that a friend of Bell's had planted them there so he had gone to his house to get revenge. 

Investigations continue.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-05

- Pacific Prime offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 10

23 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Another day, another raging, murderous Thai male nut job with a gun, knife, acid, gasoline, whatever...bringing on death, destruction and mayhem. :post-4641-1156693976:

I guess you have no Thai male friends that you have this irrational view of life here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Was that a gun I just heard?" "Oh, Bell was just shooting for fun," came back the reply. "Oh, can you please put Bell back on the line," requested Phichai.

Then came the stunning news. "Actually he's dead. I just shot him", then the line was cut again.

Huh? Was it as much fun as you thought it was going to be? Taking lives for planting ganga on the property, presumably? Would you admit that just maybe you over reacted? Do you think this was worth decades in prison? Is that what you wanted Kae? 

Is it possible that if he got proper parenting this would not have happened?

Well if your innocent mother was sent to prison for 25 years and you knew who did this to her, no telling what you or anyone else might do...

Yes these killings did not help anyone but I can have some understanding of the situation , if the mother was jailed on a set up..... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Well if your innocent mother was sent to prison for 25 years and you knew who did this to her, no telling what you or anyone else might do...

Yes these killings did not help anyone but I can have some understanding of the situation , if the mother was jailed on a set up..... 

There's no evidence in the article that supports the idea that the gunman's mother was set up, though.

But even if it was the case, it still wasn't any of the people who were killed that were supposed to have set her up, it was supposed to have been a friend of the father.

Why shoot people who weren't even the ones who'd supposedly done what you were upset about?

It's all totally senseless (and quite, quite tragic).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

The alarming number of cases we read lately of people going berserk and shooting and knifing everything and everybody without thinking first is getting to a worrying heights and out of control... 

It's always been this way, you just hear about all the horror in the world everyday now because internets.

When I first came to LoS all Thai news was in Thai. But the front pages were in colour by then, and every day there were corpses galore as the leader story. 

If anything, they've cleaned that up somewhat, the gory photos anyway.

2 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

It's always been this way, you just hear about all the horror in the world everyday now because internets.

When I first came to LoS all Thai news was in Thai. But the front pages were in colour by then, and every day there were corpses galore as the leader story. 

If anything, they've cleaned that up somewhat, the gory photos anyway.

Yeah, they used to show corpses splattered on the road or hanging from trees, but blurred out boobs and cigarettes.

And it was common to publish the facepage of a foreigner's passport as well as their full address (and I mean full address). Used to laugh when someone from a "M.uslim" country would get into a drunken altercation with some ladyboys (or get roofied and robbed by the same) and they'd publish his full name, nationality, country as well as his passport face page.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Another day, another raging, murderous Thai male nut job with a gun, knife, acid, gasoline, whatever...bringing on death, destruction and mayhem. :post-4641-1156693976:

I guess nut jobs don't shoot up schools or churches or whatever in your country.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Huh? Was it as much fun as you thought it was going to be? Taking lives for planting ganga on the property, presumably?

25 years for ganga what ever that is, is it like GANJA ? is very unlikely and no where even in the full story does it mention ganja I would suspect a class A drug not class C.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Do you think this was worth decades in prison? Is that what you wanted Kae? 

That has yet to be seen. This is the LOS. We don't know who Kae is, the son of a wealthy businessman, prominent politician or has a sizable bank roll. All meaning a 1000 baht fine, Wai and apology. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

So, you have some understanding of killing an innocent 5 year old? And his parents who according to the article had nothing to do with whatever happened to the gunman’s mother?