Thailand Pass to End for Thai Returnees First

snoop1130

.001% Is that correct? 1 in every 100,000 arriving passengers?????  

If correct that is a confession of guilt of the government, and the insurance companies of a government rip off scam. As well as a quarantine  scam.

Also if correct a scam involving the doctors , hospitals.

Edited by garyk
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:
7 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Covid doesnt discriminates between Thai and a Falang unlike this guy. I am all for being a nationalistic but this kind of Xenophobia doesnt bode well for a country which runs on tourism.

Why shouldn't a government favour  the men, women and children of it own country? They are not coming here for a holiday. Its a natural and good thing to prioritise the nationals over  foreigners in this particular  situation- for any country not just Thailand.

There's no need to reason to prioritise or favour anyone over anyone else, no need whatsoever.

What is the point of the Thailand Pass now ???

- Check for vaccination status ?? - that can be done on arrival.

- Check for Insurance cover ?? - that can be done on arrival.

OR, is it going to merge into ‘proof of insurance’ ???....  

The ‘insurance issue’ has been a bone of contention for a while with the Thai government blaming foreigners for some of them leaving debt for emergency treatment. 

Perhaps this is what the 300 baht ’tourist fee’ is about...  But should that be necessary if someone already has a good insurance policy ??? Perhaps the Thailand Pass is an elegant way of solving that issue. 

If a foreigner has their own annual policy or has residency and access to the Thai system they don’t need to pay the ’tourist tax’ or whatever its going to be called. 

But... I hazard a guess that one is not going to replace the other...... I still think the Thailand Pass will be phased out, so there’s no logical reason not to just do away with it at the same time as its abolished for Thai’s.

As far as the 300 baht thing... thats just going to get silly, I hope it's written into the tickets along with the Airport Departure tax. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thai Public Health Minister proposes to end “Thailand Pass” registration-but at first only for Thai returnees

By Adam Judd

image.jpeg

National – Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said today, May 5th, that he would propose the cancellation of the “Thailand Pass” registration initially for Thai returnees before possibly expanding it to foreigners in a further step.

The Minister stated also that the fatality rate of Covid-19 patients was declining. The bed occupancy rate was currently at about 20 percent, the infection rate found among international arrivals was at 0.001 percent, and the medicines and medical supplies were sufficient to treat COVID-19 patients.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/05/05/thai-public-health-minister-proposes-to-end-thailand-pass-registration-but-at-first-only-for-thai-returnees/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-05-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

20 hours ago, chalawaan said:

The WHO gave this billionaire credit for Thailand's success. The same guy who presided over the local Astra Zeneca fiasco, and publicly wanted the real heroes, the Clinicians, whipped like Soi dogs, when he panicked like a teen-age groupie caught in the crush back in the Deltacron days. 

The WHO are a pack of self-serving political opportunists, who recognise an "old mate" when they see one!

A disgrace, all of them. 

Ex-<deleted>-actly!

How about expats who live and work in Thailand... or people on retirement visa... or foreigners married with a Thai National???? These are no tourists too and are as good as Thai people.... Why discriminating all the time?? Do Mr A really think that double standards attrack more tourists??

• Like 2

To be fair Thais generally expect this from their own government. They want to be considered first in their own countries especially in view of how many are treated outside of their country. Government is simply pandering to that in order to curry favour. It is good news though as it means they are taking the first baby steps in the right direction which means a total opening of Thailand for all is now on the cards as long as covid keeps playing nicely.

Dropping Thailand Pass suddenly would just prove it was useless from the beginning. This announcement nothing more than face saving theatre to prove they are following an enlightened path informed by expert medical opinion and best practice. Most of what over the past 2 years was ACTUALLY nothing more than pseudoscientific nonsense. Was it 6 weeks go when we were going from "The combating phase, to the declining phase, them finally to to the  ENDEMIC phase" all on time by July 1? ????

Travel insurance is permanent, so is some form of Thailand pass they will just call it something else. As has been established by many counties to upload your vaccination or test docs prior to travel. That is fine it should be like Germany or others , takes at most 5 minutes to get a QR code and these countries don''t make easy sport of leaking personal details to all and sundry internet hackers. 

58 minutes ago, blacksuitdandruff said:

Maybe been answered elsewhere on the forum but anyone know when the insurance requirements wil be dropped also?

Never I'd reckon. They have been "mooting" it for years. covid-19. The gift that will keep on giving. Welcome to the new normal.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Covid doesnt discriminates between Thai and a Falang unlike this guy. I am all for being a nationalistic but this kind of Xenophobia doesnt bode well for a country which runs on tourism.

Strangely, a xenophobic approach to things is quite popular here!

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said he would propose the government end the Thailand Pass registration initially for Thai returnees before expanding the policy to foreign visitors.

Prayut Chan-o-Cha   cha-cha- cha..

very slowly is a fitting name.

12 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

The only thing ThailandPass does is enforce an ongoing insurance scam, and last I checked, Thais have never needed to purchase supplemental COVID insurance to enter the kingdom. 

That might be because Thais don't need insurance when they have a virtually free health service.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Thai pass without a pcr test not a big deal to be fair. I’d rather see the ridiculous mask wearing outdoors be abolished first. 

I'd rather the opposite..  if you really have peoples health in mind.

Drop all the documentation so travel is unrestricted but keep the masks.

Pollution is a killer of thousands of Thais, and hospitals are full of people with respiratory ailments.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said he would propose

OK, so nothing has been done yet.

I think those thais who are dual-citizens, returning for a short visit, often return on their foreign passport.

The thaipass should be dropped universally on the same date, and sooner rather than later.

It's already a confusing process, and having it in place for some and not others puts an extra burden on airlines.

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This man repeatedly puts both feet in his mouth...

It's difficult not to see his comments as being racist and xenophobic.... I don’t believe he is of course, I just think he’s rather stupid and doesn’t actually think about what he says. 

Those two qualities aren’t mutually exclusive….

He’s a classic example of both Hanlon’s razor and the Dunning Kruger effect.

1 hour ago, blacksuitdandruff said:

Maybe been answered elsewhere on the forum but anyone know when the insurance requirements wil be dropped also?

When they drop Thai Pass. Yet you always need to have insurance when you travel. GoFundMe is not insurance....