Pattaya "busy" after bars and clubs allowed to reopen yesterday - many Indians spotted

webfact

2pm.jpgPicture: Siam Rath 

Thai media Siam Rath said that pubs and clubs in Pattaya were starting to get busy again after yesterday's reopening by the government.

But they said that building materials left lying about and construction sites were presenting obstacles to customers and spoiling the image of the resort.

Places have been allowed to reopen officially in 17 provinces and special areas in 14 provinces. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath 

Customers, staff singers and musicians have to show proof of vaccination and staff have to have ATK tests every seven days or if they are at risk of Covid.

In Pattaya's Walking Street that the media called an important area for Pattaya they said that 60% of establishments had been closed down in the pandemic but many were now returning to business.

2pm2.jpg

In Soi 6 - popular with foreigners - it was similar and quite busy. 

They reckoned 50% of bars and clubs in Walking Street were now open. 

They remarked on the number of Indian tourists swelling the ranks of Thais and other nationalities. 

b6dab63a467fd1b17c271d34fcd434f97a6e21fc6754144f977459540ca9a537.jpg

But they noted much of the street was still a mess after incomplete work by the local authority and electrical authority to bury cables. 

They published pictures of bricks and sand lying about saying that it looked bad and was preventing some businesses from operating properly. 

They had a picture of tourist police and other officials and volunteers saluting outside 7-Eleven as they prepared to make sure everyone was following the rules. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Figure good 6 months for Pattaya to go back to more or less what it used to be, it's all depend on the ladies how soon, how many and the quality when and if thy'll be they'll be back... 

I planned going there in July, but now think it's too early to 'have fun' there. Will check it out after my overseas trip in a year or so.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I planned going there in July, but now think it's too early to 'have fun' there. Will check it out after my overseas trip in a year or so.

I am here... plenty of fun about.... so I decided to stay put and not book a trip to Blackpool!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Thailand not ready yet for full recovery, maybe September or October

Kho Samui and Phuket might survive with the August tourism boost

4 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

You would think in the two years the place has been shut down that they could of fixed the pavements and roads. FMD 

too much thinking ahead, not a Thai trait ????

it just brings a new level of chaos that customers want to see in Walking Street ????

• Like 1