Wise, lousy service

hello,

I have used Wise for some time, months ago my money transfers were completed within seconds, suddenly they need some hours but always received at same day, today another transfer with the time payout today about 2.13pm.

I always select the same reason.

after a while they updated my transfer with new payout on monday,

very angry about this inferior service,

what is your experience? thanks

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

AFAIK, it's because Wise has to do more checks about the origin of Money because rules set by BOT (Bank of Thailand).

Sometimes amounts arrive in seconds, but sometimes (even for low amounts (50k)) it took one time over 5 days (and NO no bank holidays)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timendres said:

Still do. My last bank transfer via SWIFT took three days to complete.

Mine recently SWIFT (Home Country Bank to Thai Bank) took 2 hours, but costs were 9 Euros for my Home Country bank 515 THB for Thai Bank (when they say it's max 500 THB) and TT Rate much worse then Wise!.

You don't know how lucky you are , my cousin in the UK ,

wanted to send 1,500 Sterling to my daughter, from her

Halifax account , my cousin is 89 ,knows nothing about

Internet,smartphones,  

While at Halifax , they are asking her all kinds of questions,

why you sending , who to , why, she says they made her feel

like a money launderer ,

She did this 12 days ago , and the money has still not arrived

yet , they first said the money has not gone through , come

back in to office ,something wrong, so she had to go again,

not easy when you 89 , and it still has not arrived,

So I have told her to cancel the transfer ,just send a cheque

(yes she has cheque book) to my daughter in Coventry ,and

she will then send funds by Wise to me, did it once before

and took about half an hour, in meantime Pound has fallen.

Regards Worgeordie 

33 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

I did a transfer yesterday from New York and the money arrived in six seconds The deduction from my account at the New York bank on the other hand is still pending.

Try cancelling it with the NY bank. 555

• Haha 2

Been using them for years, until last year a transfer typically took 5 hours to complete on weekdays. A transfer sent on a Friday would only arrive on Monday. Now it is a few seconds 7 days a week so they have actually improved their service.

I know some Thai banks are less "compatible" than others, Kasikorn works great with them.

• Like 1

Made a transfer today and sent the money from my account to Wise - received confirmation of receipt BUT a message saying "We’ll pay out your money to GW shortly. And it should be there July 12. "!!!

Some people seem to get the money in minutes so I just hope it doesn't take until 12th July to get here .

Wise do have a the best exchange rate and low fees so unless one requires the money urgently ,  then it is the best transfer service.

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Made a transfer today and sent the money from my account to Wise - received confirmation of receipt BUT a message saying "We’ll pay out your money to GW shortly. And it should be there July 12. "!!!

Some people seem to get the money in minutes so I just hope it doesn't take until 12th July to get here .

Wise do have a the best exchange rate and low fees so unless one requires the money urgently ,  then it is the best transfer service.

What a confusing post (and it isn't just me) I've never heard of Wise taking anything like 12 days to complete a transfer to Thailand and where, what or whom is 'GW'?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, luckyblock token said:

I am angry because the first schedule was for today and I have already made some planes over the weekend with this money. 

Spitfires or 380's?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, luckyblock token said:

I have used Bangkok bank, but I have also Kasikorn .

should I try this account, is there any difference?

There is no difference in money received and unlikely differences in timing. I always used Bangkok Bank and  money arrived as expected.

With the current problems with online banking at Bangkok Bank you might consider Kasikorn.

Edited by KhunBENQ