Accusing single males of pedophile

So yesterday afternoon in the hotel I'm staying at here in Thailand, I walked down to the pool area to sit in the shade on a banana bed.

On arriving I saw a family of a couple and their children, a couple ,husband maybe in his 40's  and their I presume 4 children, 2 boys around 10yo & 2 girls a little bit older, seemed to be from the UK,heavily tattoed I noticed 

So on arriving I just caught the tail end of a conversation the British man was having with a younger farang  man who were sitting nearby.

This is what I heard " no mate , we can't have it here we have kids mate,so off you go !

I automatically thought these he was smoking  told them not him not do it in front of his kids so he  left without a fight to the older British guy who was using hand sweeping motions to guide the Farang to the pool exit but of course I found out later that be the was single farang the lady mother didn't want him nearby

So I sat down on the other side of the pool,only them & me were at the pool side , for some reason their kids decided to come around my side ,I'm laying in the banana chair shade ,and then they started jumping & diving in the pool splashing water over me, I looked up to see the British tattoed guy sitting on the other side staring straight at me.

I continued to lay there until the kids diving in water got over me so I moved further back and fully clothed into the sun.

Next thing the kids are running around my banana chair chasing each other 

And the parents of course didn't seem to care .

So I got up ready to leave, when I heard the fat tattoed wife approach, as I was leaving and walking off she said words to me to the point , " there is minors here ",you can't sit there .

Silly me for some reason,I guess I didn't want a argument just left without another word.

But just about 2 hours ago I'm on the hotel balcony which overlooks the swimming pool when I look down to see the same family arguing with a older East European guy ,who was lounging in his briefs , the lady is saying the same thing to him with her British thug husband also appeared to be arguing about she was saying ,there's minors here !!!

Now as I walk thru the hotel lobby he & her are talking to I presume the hotel manager about " pedephiles" 

Now my point is where can we draw the line at being single males and being pointed as some pedophile because a group of minors in their words are playing nearby?

I recall about 5 years ago in Australia a guy went to his local park to eat his lunch and school children were nearby and he was asked to leave by a council ranger because the teachers complain even though it's a public park.

The second story I read last week was a Japanese tourist was being looked for by police in the blue mountains of Sydney because he had allegedly approached a 14yo boy to ask for directions?

So where do you draw the line of being accused of being a pedophile?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Generalisation on Nationality "bashing" removed along with a response to it.

15.  You will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, medical history, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant factor.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This kind of mentality is rampant in the USA.

Presumed guilty period.

I hadn't realized how toxic it had become until I visited a large crowded park in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

There I observed obvious strangers including single men and older single men comfortably socializing and playing ball games with random children (relatives were nearby but looked completely unconcerned or into it).

Travel does open the eyes.

Strange I know,I was in a bar yesterday in Soi Buckhao,I actually berated a American guy who was waffling on about the "pedophiles" in gay  places like jomtien complex etc.

He was talking about how he seen older men with younger guys,yes all legal age !!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, roo860 said:

'2 boys around 10yo & 2 girls a little bit older, seemed to be from the UK,heavily tattoed I noticed '

That's amazing that the kids were tattooed as well as their 'thug' father and 'fat' mother. ????????????

Beats me how a Nationality can be ascertained from looking at them.

• Like 1

For reasons of noise, annoyance, and poor parenting I avoid kids whenever possible.  I always pick a spot as far away from them as possible and avoid any interaction whatsoever.  If they come around me I tell them to take off, or I will do so myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

'2 boys around 10yo & 2 girls a little bit older, seemed to be from the UK,heavily tattoed I noticed '

That's amazing that the kids were tattooed as well as their 'thug' father and 'fat' mother. ????????????

Isn't English a wonderful language, often means whatever the listener wants to hear :whistling:

Meanwhile I have relatives (yes, I'm a Brit) who would fit the descriptions although I doubt they'd go the "paedo" route they are certainly rather racist (against any and all "foreigners"), luckily the Thai family love their girls (my granddaughters) so any comments fly over at flight-level 350 and climbing.

Out in the 'burbs I get the opposite effect. It's the Thai's with the black looks when I go shopping with my 100% Thai granddaughter, she's 14, pretty and just getting "starter curves", unfortunately she likes to hold granddad's hand! Cue the black looks and mutterings from the locals.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

I'm in hotel room now ,balcony door open,I looked over to see them all stop and look up at me,so I came back inside 

They are very noisy and it seems no one is allowed around them because of "minors"

Why do they come to Pattaya if they're so worried about their kids ???

• Like 1

Another facet of this is protecting ourselves....

Do we (if we are single males or out without our significant other) want to interact with children ?

I do, if the situation is right and kid is playful etc... it maybe just a smile or a wave etc... but I am conscious of how this could be construed by someone over reaction. 

A friends career was nearly ruined... He had a horrible unruly kid in his class, he’d had to call in someone to watch his class while he frog-marched the student to the head-teacher. 

By the time he’d arrived at the head-teachers office the student threw out the accusation that she had been molested by the teacher (my friend) on the short walk there. 

My friends career was nearly destroyed and he had to ’stand down’ (stay at home) while a full investigation was carried out. 

The madness here is that every situation is dealt with extremely seriously and ‘crying wolf’ has serious consequences...

In the modern world, adults in general have to place themselves in positions of ‘caution’ so they can never be wrongly accused.... society strongly reacts, mud sticks. 

That said: In the example provided by George... I’d tell fat-karen to pi$$ off and stop blocking the sun... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

are you a pedophile ? , if not, nothing to worry about .....

regards Worgeordie

Or....the old suspicious adage of: those who speak the loudest or terribly attentive to these things. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tgw said:

years back, I was sitting in a baht bus with my then girlfriend, who was 34 y.o. at the time, when 2 fat ladies from the UK (judging from their accent) climbed on and began mumbling and then saying to me that "I should be ashamed"... huh ?

Of course you should be! They want you to go out with old, fat UK women so they can get your money when you die.  :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

I think people can sometimes get really paranoid about that because they have had some experience in their own life which makes them overly vigilant. Some countries have a higher incidence of child sexual abuse which makes people hyper sensitive to this. People sometimes also project their own dark thoughts onto innocent strangers, but lest anyone forget, there are bad guys out there who sometimes do terrible things to children.