Prominent politician visits entertainment venues on Bangla Road with suggestion to open until 6:00 A.M.

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

A prominent politician visited entertainment venues on Bangla Road with a suggestion to open until 6:00 A.M.

Thai Civilized Party leader Mongkolkit Suksintharanon and his team visited the Bangla Road in Patong yesterday (August 22nd).

Mr. Mongkolkit told The Phuket Express, “Entertainment venues must be ready to prevent any fire. 

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/08/23/prominant-politician-visits-entertainment-venues-on-bangla-road-with-suggestion-to-open-untill-600-a-m/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-08-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Open up 24 hours a day with no alcohol during daytime and only allowed after 17.00. No advertising for alcohol, but advertise for more casualties on the road, as people are tired and drunk and go home at 6.00. They don't need to go to work???And tourists they don't come to THailand to sit in a bar till 6.00. Even people think so 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Think if you need to drink until 6am then you have other serious issues. Yes, you may choose too once in a while, but hardly enough to keep all the bars open every day until 6am !

It's one of those up to you things for punters...however ...

If I'm paying rent for 24 hours a day I should be able to open the hours I want to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

It's one of those up to you things for punters...however ...

If I'm paying rent for 24 hours a day I should be able to open the hours I want to.

You probably could, depends on who you are paying and how much. ????

• Haha 1

From the sublime to the ridiculous, this is what it is, from midnight closer to now 6 am. it seems that every politician who want to be heard felling compelled to put his 2 satang worth regarding the closing times of bars as if this is a national importance....

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think if you need to drink until 6am then you have other serious issues. Yes, you may choose too once in a while, but hardly enough to keep all the bars open every day until 6am !

I didn´t read they say it will be necessary to be open until 06.00. Therefore, ALL bars will not chose to do so. But, they will have the freedom to do so. That, as well as people will have the freedom to take a big party night out as well. There is nothing connected to any serious issues here, as nobody said that everyone have to sit until closing time every day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Nobody said they have to stay open, even if the law would allow it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

From the sublime to the ridiculous, this is what it is, from midnight closer to now 6 am. it seems that every politician who want to be heard felling compelled to put his 2 satang worth regarding the closing times of bars as if this is a national importance....

Votes needed... anything goes.

• Like 1

"There were 15 million visitors per year or 1.2 million visitors per month before Covid-19. After Covid-19 restrictions were lifted there are now about 40,000 visitors per day.”

40,000 per day is 1.2 million per month. So Phuket tourism is back to pre-covid levels already and it's the middle of low season!

Amazing!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I didn´t read they say it will be necessary to be open until 06.00. Therefore, ALL bars will not chose to do so. But, they will have the freedom to do so. That, as well as people will have the freedom to take a big party night out as well. There is nothing connected to any serious issues here, as nobody said that everyone have to sit until closing time every day.

Not to mention freedom to make as much noise as you possibly can 24 hours a day! ????