Court Accepts Cannabis Lawsuit Against Anutin, ONCB

webfact

It's annoying, this constant back and forth, non-stop ambiguity and legal instability. The general approach to decriminalizing hemp makes sense. Ultimately, the user only harms himself, just like with the legal consumption of alcohol, cigarettes, junk food or sugary drinks. The only thing missing here is a clear legal basis that forms a framework for the freedom to consume hemp. It's a pity that some politicians and interest groups want to create a medieval situation again, which ultimately wants to patronize and enslave society.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I realize that Thailand doesn't operate under common law, but it's still hard for me to understand what standing these people have to sue, and on what basis they could prevail. It's pretty clear that the MOPH had the legal authority to de-list marijuana, and disagreeing with their decision doesn't seem like grounds for overturning that decision.

It's also strange that recent reporting gives the impression that MOPH, ONCB, and possibly the National Assembly and the cabinet all have the authority to list or de-list substances from the narcotics list, which would seem to be a recipe for chaos. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, monkfish said:

The government still needs him to stay in power so he thinks he can do as he pleases.

Why do they need him to stay in power? Last I heard he was going to try for the top job, but the guy who has the top job doesn't want to go?

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

I realize that Thailand doesn't operate under common law, but it's still hard for me to understand what standing these people have to sue, and on what basis they could prevail. It's pretty clear that the MOPH had the legal authority to de-list marijuana, and disagreeing with their decision doesn't seem like grounds for overturning that decision.

It's also strange that recent reporting gives the impression that MOPH, ONCB, and possibly the National Assembly and the cabinet all have the authority to list or de-list substances from the narcotics list, which would seem to be a recipe for chaos. 

Welcome to Thailand's judicial/regulatory system!

3 hours ago, DaiHard said:

Will he also clarify why Thailand is negatively impacted whereas The Netherlands, Portugal, Canada and large parts of the US are immune?

Apparently Canadains aren't immune to the health risks.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/smoking-marijuana-harmful-lungs-smoking-cigarettes-study-finds/story?id=93283206

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

To be fair I never had any issue with this being produced and used in a medicinal way.. as it was supposed to be originally.

However it now seems you can buy it on any street corner/shop/outlet/online and even restaurants selling it within food.

This has gone too far.. and become the usual free-for-all.

What a wonderful culture we have embraced! ????

5 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Even " Move Forward Party " ... I did not expect them to be against the legalization ... anyway , that is a list of political parties NOT to vote for .

I was wondering that too. How can he (one individual member) give his opinion like that? Aren't party MPs bound to their political parties direction? Unless they speak for themselves in private in private matters, not public lawsuits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

It's annoying, this constant back and forth, non-stop ambiguity and legal instability. The general approach to decriminalizing hemp makes sense. Ultimately, the user only harms himself, just like with the legal consumption of alcohol, cigarettes, junk food or sugary drinks. The only thing missing here is a clear legal basis that forms a framework for the freedom to consume hemp. It's a pity that some politicians and interest groups want to create a medieval situation again, which ultimately wants to patronize and enslave society.

And yet they're wondering why no international big player from the US and Canadian cannabis industry hasn't invested in Thailand yet. Because they want long term security not Thai flip flop style

9 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I don't see any protests from the public. Why on earth would there be? If you want to get stoned, get stoned. If you want to get drunk, get drunk. Live and let live. I really don't think it's a big issue for millions of Thais. Maybe for the rightist, royxxxst, dyed in the wool conservatives, yes, but that's because they like to control people, and maintain power. Allowing people the freedom of choice to smoke weed, or not? That's taking democracy too far for some, to quote W.C. Fields.

There has to rule Even in countries where it is legal, there are still rules about the sale.  

Also, it is a taxable sale in countries where it is legal.

The catch to all this is that there were no restrictions put on the sale and there was no set agreement it seems that the people that wanted it legalized had set parameters.

Anutin in his stupidity and following along with all the great things he did with covid just said to hell with it lets take it off the books and let anyone sell, smoke, grow and harvest,

YOu can not do that there need to be rules on where how, and who can sell.  Not only to limit the sale but also to ensure the quality of the product.

The last thing any country needs is someone selling <deleted> pot or pot with a kick. because something else is in it.

I can remember buying what I thought was good stuff only to find that it was twigs and <deleted>.  also with the level of THC these days there needs to be a control.

Thailand has enough trouble with drunk farang that it really does not need to deal with the pot head-stoned farang

Again I am not against legal medical use I am just against some kid sitting on the side of the street selling it to whoever wants to buy not knowing what they are buying.