If you are near 80 or over

georgegeorgia

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Actually, I have found I am better off without modern medicines unless absolutely necessary. Many are quite toxic to the kidneys and liver.

stem cell, hgh and hrt. they are starting to show some very positive results. iv'e had 6 broken ankles and seems some of these things may help me actually recover and heal the damage i have done. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I still set myself targets, whether it is learning to read and write Thai, or breaking my age at golf. Creating new dishes in the kitchen.

Omphaloskepsis is not for me, I might cark it tomorrow, or be on deck for another 10 years. No point to worrying about it.

The point is surely that it's up to us if we stick around or not?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stoner said:

stem cell, hgh and hrt. they are starting to show some very positive results. iv'e had 6 broken ankles and seems some of these things may help me actually recover and heal the damage i have done. 

Strictly speaking, these are therapies, not medications.

The problem with many medications is an organo-chlorine complex tucked away somewhere in the chemical formula. Organo-chlorines love accumulating in body fat. Just ask anyone who was exposed to Agent Orange.

Combining exposure to imbibed alcohol and inhaled chlorinated solvents is usually fatal, as it destroys the liver and kidneys.

Edited by Lacessit

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I still set myself targets

I don't. I've been a target myself enough times already.

But thanks again for the heads-up that those nasty pills your doctor prescribes for you can cause kidney and liver damage.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thumbs Up 1

Long time ago I knew a (super rich) guy who had terminal cancer. He was maybe 40 years old, and the doctors gave him max 6 months more to live.

Obviously, nobody is happy if they are told that their life will end soon. But it seems to focus peoples' minds. What do you do now if you know it's all over in a few months?

I don't know how much of that happens to people when they are 80 or older. But I think it's an interesting phenomenon.

P.S.: He lived about 10 more years ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allanos said:

a lifespan of hundreds of years may again become attainable for those

who are prepared to embrace it.

Does that means hundreds of years being old ? No , thanks ...

But if you meant that it might be possible one day to just stop aging , that might be a different thing ... 55

Everything in Universe is aging , time is the most powerful dimension .

And everything's lifespan is limited in time , and there is a reason for that .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I have no desire to live untill I'm 80 - I've seen too many old boys shuffling around & it ain't for me - When i stop being lively & full of energy, it's time for me to go.

I find this attitude puzzling. Even in my late 30s my life has been through many different phases, some more energetic than others!

I suppose if you've spent your whole life being "lively and full of energy" then it might be difficult to adapt. But why not at least be open to it and see if you can find new, less energetic ways, to stimulate yourself?

• Like 2