Old men drinking a beer at breakfast time in bars along beach road pattaya.

jack71

On 12/7/2022 at 7:07 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

It is by no means unusual for people from some European countries to have a beer at breakfast time. I've often seen it at German train stations when travelling, for example. And in London there are pubs open in the City for those on their way to the office. Not my thing, but ......

Or... on the way home from their office job.

Don't be so quick to judge.????????

52 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:
On 12/7/2022 at 7:07 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

It is by no means unusual for people from some European countries to have a beer at breakfast time. I've often seen it at German train stations when travelling, for example. And in London there are pubs open in the City for those on their way to the office. Not my thing, but ......

Or... on the way home from their office job.

Don't be so quick to judge.????????

Where did you get the idea I was judging? I was merely stating what I've seen. Poor judgement on your part ????????

11 hours ago, JimTripper said:

It can look and feel weird if you used to being in a normal city where people are working and raising families.

A bit hard to define 'normal' these days. Some places are filled with those not wanting to work, living off state benefits and bringing up feral children unneeded in a crowded world! 'Families' may not be the right word. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Really?

If one can't think of things to do in Pattaya, one isn't going to think of things to do anywhere else.

Go window shopping and girl watching in the malls, go to the movies, explore Pattaya on foot, take a bus ride along Sukhumvit- get off anywhere and explore the area, take the ferry to Samet and explore the island, go beachcombing, take up art, take up photography, do martial arts, take a cooking course, visit the local tourist attractions, take the bus to Bkk for a day or two, spend time on a forum, learn to speak Thai, read books, make a model, etc etc etc

Do some good for the less fortunate and become a volunteer at an orphanage or other charity.

OR

sit in your room complaining that there is nothing to do.

Up to you.

Sounds good theoretically, but real life does not work that way for a lot of people.

It’s hard to do that every day if you don’t have a reason or excuse to do so, because the motivation and right mindset is not there. Many people need work or a reason to enjoy life, then do those things along the way.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Really?

If one can't think of things to do in Pattaya, one isn't going to think of things to do anywhere else.

Go window shopping and girl watching in the malls, go to the movies, explore Pattaya on foot, take a bus ride along Sukhumvit- get off anywhere and explore the area, take the ferry to Samet and explore the island, go beachcombing, take up art, take up photography, do martial arts, take a cooking course, visit the local tourist attractions, take the bus to Bkk for a day or two, spend time on a forum, learn to speak Thai, read books, make a model, etc etc etc

Do some good for the less fortunate and become a volunteer at an orphanage or other charity.

OR

sit in your room complaining that there is nothing to do.

Up to you.

I know exactly what you're saying, but I've had many years to ponder what I'm saying.

I don't "sit in my room complaining" I'm not really a complainer.

I did used to go out for a walk every day, that's an hour or 2 (out of 16).

Cookery courses, I don't like cooking, much

Day trip tp Bangkok? When I lived there for about 20 years?!???? (Sighseeing? Already seen enough temples to last 5 lifetimes????).

Girl watching? Been doing that in Thailand since 1985?????

Martial arts when suffering from quite severe arthritis (since I was a kid).

Volunteer at an orphanage, and have people putting it around that you're a pedophile????Although I have thought about doing volutary work generally,.

I now live and work back in the UK.

Yes, day drinking!  Only done it a few times at the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buakhao.  Then after a couple beers down Soi Honey for some pleasures with a willing lady.

Was interesting to talk to the other over 60 gentlemen, always entertaining to a point.

Think some of them like to drink early, get a <deleted> (as the Brits say), and then go home watch some TV and go to sleep early.  Some just like to watch the world go by for a while and have conversations.

To each their own as the saying goes!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Yes, day drinking!  Only done it a few times at the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buakhao.  Then after a couple beers down Soi Honey for some pleasures with a willing lady.

Was interesting to talk to the other over 60 gentlemen, always entertaining to a point.

Think some of them like to drink early, get a <deleted> (as the Brits say), and then go home watch some TV and go to sleep early.  Some just like to watch the world go by for a while and have conversations.

To each their own as the saying goes!

They may be miserable people though and not “like” to do it. Getting wasted at breakfast and going for a nap all day is not a recipe for long term happiness.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I know exactly what you're saying, but I've had many years to ponder what I'm saying.

I don't "sit in my room complaining" I'm not really a complainer.

I did used to go out for a walk every day, that's an hour or 2 (out of 16).

Cookery courses, I don't like cooking, much

Day trip tp Bangkok? When I lived there for about 20 years?!???? (Sighseeing? Already seen enough temples to last 5 lifetimes????).

Girl watching? Been doing that in Thailand since 1985?????

Martial arts when suffering from quite severe arthritis (since I was a kid).

Volunteer at an orphanage, and have people putting it around that you're a pedophile????Although I have thought about doing volutary work generally,.

I now live and work back in the UK.

Errr, those were suggestions and not a defined list. Loads of other things people could do if they think about it.

The problem with not making an effort to go out and do something is that one succumbs to depression. A brain not used is not a properly functioning brain.

Also, a body not exercised is not healthy. I had a friend younger than I by many years died because he never exerted himself and left a grieving widow and son.

BTW, I have no problem with anyone that wants to pass over the great divide living a lifestyle that will ensure they do so earlier than it might be. Up to them.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They are in a similar condition to the females they left behind back home!

For some drinking beer so early if not the majority of them, it have been a journey to end up there. For Reasons we will never know. 

2 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

There's a lot less of these types in Pattaya than there was in the early 2000's. 

There used to be many people who jumped off their balconies in those days. They called it the Pattaya flying club. There was also a farang deaths website that tracked each death and always had pictures when somebody jumped.

Is the jumping still happening? I have not heard of one in years.

Just now, JimTripper said:

There used to be many people who jumped off their balconies in those days. They called it the Pattaya flying club. There was also a farang deaths website that tracked each death and always had pictures when somebody jumped.

Probably because the swimming pool at Mike's shopping mall was closed during Covid.....................plus fewer flying club candidates around with Covid restrictions.

38 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I think it's because the guys that live here are the chilled out ones content with their lives, given the lack of jumpers in the last 3 years I draw the conclusion they are unhinged tourists dreading going back to where they came from after a few weeks in paradise.

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

A large backlog got cleared out when The Tunnel didn’t flood after the first big rains.

The revelation that water doesn’t run uphill, the evidence of successful Thai construction, all the little jokes now silly and stupid, and the unbearable disillusionment at having cherished beliefs and infallible Doom Prophecies revealed as the usual nonsense—all utterly devastating.

For days you could hardly walk around Soi Buakhao without hearing the thud of an ace ANF Construction Engineer hitting the pavement after jumping from a nearby building. 

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

There is still some jumpers  but not at the same rate as the flying club days. I remember reading a good poem about the flyers written at an old site called mongers syndicate. It doesn't seem to be around anymore. 

For the population density it might be back to around average,

• 2 weeks later...