Classified documents from Biden’s time as VP discovered in private office

Scott

21 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Swerving again. Until you provide a link to your claims nothing you say is credible.

IMHO nothing he says is credible anyway. He has no proof and is either unwilling or unable to supply any valid links for any of his posts.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Post deleted by me.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

The improbability is clear. If I buy a lottery ticket, it remains to be seen whether or not I've won the grand prize.  Since anything is possible, it may turn out that there is a basis for criminal prosecution. But the odds are clear vanishingly small.

I have just seen the the US AG video who clarifies that classified documents batches two and three (I didn't know there was a third batch) found in Pres. Biden's car in a locked garage at his residence in Delaware and in the garage too. So Pres. Biden didn't know these documents were in his office and now he didn't know they were in his car and garage.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

I have just seen the the US AG video who clarifies that classified documents batches two and three (I didn't know there was a third batch) found in Pres. Biden's car in a locked garage at his residence in Delaware and in the garage too. So Pres. Biden didn't know these documents were in his office and now he didn't know they were in his car and garage.

Did he say he didn't know they were in his locked garage? Did he say if those documents are related to the ones found before from the Penn Center? As far as I'm aware a President can take classified documents away from the Whitehouse right?

Bringing the car into the conversation, that's pretty smooth!  Easy diversion from whatever else and start talking about the car. 

And this second prosecutor fellow, he may discover he needs access to (can you guess?) a certain laptop, thus snatching the case from the attacking dogs. 

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

There are very little similarities in magnitude, cooperation and intent in both cases. At end of the investigation, GOP will be further embarrassed. 

Spot on with your comment Eric Loh.........good article in the NY Times about the differences between the two "cases". One lying through his teeth and refusing to turn over the docs/putting obstacles in the way, whilst Biden is co-operating fully. 

Poles apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well he does appear to have a few mental problems, like calling on dead people, so perhaps he really did just "forget" about them.

The "I forg[o]t" defense is surely a winner in court!

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

On a more serious note, I wonder why we are relying exclusively on President Biden and his legal team to search for documents.  I think it would be better if search warrants were issued and the DOJ sent inspectors to whatever locations are suspected of having such material.   The fact that these documents have been known about for months and not returned is cause for concern.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pomchop said:

i forgot is probably a better defense than of course i knew and i took them all because they are my property and even though i am no longer POTUS ( or actually maybe i am ) I have lied and deflected and obstructed justice for months on end.

Maybe so, but it does not excuse the liability.   I am not that interested in making comparisons because the two cases are very different.  But I think a person like Joe Biden, with 50 years of service in government, would have a good grasp on the rules surrounding confidential documents. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

The reason why Mar a Lago was searched is because they had insider information that Trump was lying and was hiding documents. It was a key information to predicate the search warrant (there was also a video, if I remember well). It wasn't a fishing expedition. In other locations, they did not search them and let Trumps lawyers do it by themselves.

In the Biden case, no suspicion of hiding anything. The lawyers found some documents, then they made an extensive search in any possible location, and found the others. They gave back the documents without even being asked to.

“When two do the same thing, it is not the same thing after all.”

Publilius Syrus

• Like 1

"The mishandling of classified information typically only gets prosecuted if there's some sort of plus factor showing that the mishandling was accompanied by wilfulness and bad intent," he said.

He suggested the "over-classification" of some government documents could also result in less-sensitive materials being inadvertently mishandled or misplaced.

Ms Krissoff agreed she did not see any basis for a criminal case against the president at this time.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-13/joe-biden-classified-documents-compared-with-donald-trump/101851832

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Saanim said:

“When two do the same thing, it is not the same thing after all.”

Publilius Syrus

It depends what you are talking about. Trump and Biden did not do the same thing, as has been explained many times, even on Fox News.

The FBI did the same thing: not search locations on which they had no information that documents were knowingly hidden from them. For both Trump and Biden.

For example they let Trumps lawyers search by themselves in other locations

Trump lawyers hire outside team to search four properties for classified info

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/donald-trump-lawyers-outside-team-search-properties-classified-information/

Search by ‘outside firm’ found more classified documents in Trump storage unit, report says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-lawyers-tower-bedminister-search-b2240675.html

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

On a more serious note, I wonder why we are relying exclusively on President Biden and his legal team to search for documents.  I think it would be better if search warrants were issued and the DOJ sent inspectors to whatever locations are suspected of having such material.   The fact that these documents have been known about for months and not returned is cause for concern.

Probably the same reason they instructed Trumps lawyers to carry on searching other locations. Low and behold, more were found in a separate location to Mar-a-Lago in early Dec.

Edited by Bkk Brian

20 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Let's hear Biden tell prospective voters or at Democratic Debates he forgot the Top Secret docs next to his Corvette. 

You have evidence that he forgotten the docs next to his Corvette or you just gaslighting? Reports clearly state that they were found in the garage. Who left those behind has not been determined. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

"The fact that these documents have been known about for months and not returned is cause for concern."

Where did this information come from?

• Like 2