Video: Young Thai men from rival colleges battle in street with swords - woman in shop in narrow escape

webfact

40 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Lack of parenting.

Lack of proper education.

Too much violent soap tv nightly.

Too much Yaba.  

Anxiety, aggression and violence are all possibilities which is why crime often goes hand in hand with yaba abuse. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

Thai boys are not usually like this, it happens for sure but it isn't "normal". Something has definately triggered it. Its actually scary how violent they can be when they're armed and in a gang. Long gone are the days when a fight was between 2 people using their fists.  The police might not even do anything even if they know who these kids are - which is actually part of the problem.

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Bring in the principles of both colleges.. tell them if these incidents repeat their colleges will be closed.

I think it's a bit deeper than that, it's a cultural hatred that goes back generations!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I wonder what they are majoring in.  Maybe Business. Business can be kind of cutthroat at times. I've never seen anyone show up to a business meeting with a sword in hand, but I've never done business in Thailand.

They are majoring in "Bone breakers".
Once they finish school, they can start working as "convincing people to pay their debts".

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Bring in the principles of both colleges.. tell them if these incidents repeat their colleges will be closed.

Oh, for a moment I thought this was leading up to settling it by a swordfight of champions ????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Been going on for decades. Just part of the culture the Thais are so proud of.

Yes, I had to double check the footage because I though it was just a rerun of a similar incident a few years back.  Thai men are emotionally retarded.  And it is getting worse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

Thai boys are not usually like this, it happens for sure but it isn't "normal". Something has definately triggered it. Its actually scary how violent they can be when they're armed and in a gang. Long gone are the days when a fight was between 2 people using their fists.  The police might not even do anything even if they know who these kids are - which is actually part of the problem.

not normal for thai boys generally. but sadly, for years vocational college students have been fighting with each other. college and police authorities should have dealt with this issue years ago.

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Said it before , say it again, find them , cancel their college/university and shove them in the army for 5 years - pretty sure that deterrent would out many off

Five years in the army? The Thai army? That's definitely going to improve them.

And where I come from you need higher education and skills to join what is a modern professional army.