Bentley driving tycoon: "I wasn't drunk" - it was just 1-2 small glasses of Champers

webfact

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He wasn't over the limit so what was there to admit to when he did say that he'd had a couple of glasses? 

I hope that you're not "too cowardly" to admit that you have no idea whether he was drunk or not.

Digging in your heels and stubbornly refusing the plain obvious regarding being 'legally drunk' or 'over the legal limit' At The Time Of The Accident.

The Blood Alcohol Test Result performed at the Hospital some 4 hours later still showed 20mg (0.02)., which is within the legal limit of 50mg (0.05). It proves that he was not 'drunk' 4 hours AFTER he caused the accident. His body eliminated another 60mg of alcohol - at an elimination rate of 15mg per hour accepted by the medical fraternity.

His blood alcohol content at the time of the accident therefore was approx. 80mg (0.08) or 60%! over the legal limit.

I  hope that you're not "too cowardly" to admit that you were plain wrong.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, traveller101 said:

Digging in your heels and stubbornly refusing the plain obvious regarding being 'legally drunk' or 'over the legal limit' At The Time Of The Accident.

The Blood Alcohol Test Result performed at the Hospital some 4 hours later still showed 20mg (0.02)., which is within the legal limit of 50mg (0.05). It proves that he was not 'drunk' 4 hours AFTER he caused the accident. His body eliminated another 60mg of alcohol - at an elimination rate of 15mg per hour accepted by the medical fraternity.

His blood alcohol content at the time of the accident therefore was approx. 80mg (0.08) or 60%! over the legal limit.

I was not wrong about anything, I made no claim that he was legally drunk or not drunk, I commented on the actual results of the blood/alcohol test that were published, that's all.  That you and others choose not to accept that result is your problem, not mine and none of your "forensic medical expertise" has any bearing on the result of the blood test.

On 1/12/2023 at 3:10 AM, webfact said:

..........he was not a serious drinker due to intestinal gas problems.

Flatulence. No excuse for not taking a roadside breath test. If he couldnt blow from the top he could have blown from the bottom. There was a firetruck on hand in case flammable gases were emitted....:smile:

11 hours ago, traveller101 said:

I’ve lost track now, I thought I saw a published result of 10mg and with 20-30mg metabolization per hour, which with a 4-5 hour delay, would still put him at least 90mg, and possibly (probably) higher. Someone posted a blood alcohol calculator on another thread and unfortunately there are so many variables, I expect it will give him an exit route. 

Our only hope is the public outrage remains steadfast and something is done as a result. Unfortunately, interest in such cases typically appears to wane fairly quickly…

• Like 1