100,000 pages of evidence in 40 boxes - Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men - offices named

webfact

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Not sure you can blame guys using agents for having to keep money in bank longer. Corruption is part of the Thailand charm is it not?

Corruption charm? no it's one of the countries biggest problems. The money in the bank longer was introduced because of people using agents, so is directly linked to agent fraud on bank accounts, not charming at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So I can drive at 180kph through town and if not stopped, cited and convicted its not illegal...what planet are you on, surely not ours.. 

You are showing me that you do not understand what my point is . Therefore I just let it rest 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Explain that to a courtroom and judge when arrested and charged..... "Your honor it's not my fault I did like all of the other lemmings did, so why am I being singled out and charged, it's the laws fault really and then the police never enforced the law, so tell me why it was not ok"  your begging to be classified as Woke.

Somebody who is classified as woke is not so bad as being blind to the facts as you are showing .

On 3/10/2023 at 7:59 AM, NONG CHOK said:

To me it appears to be provinces close to borders where entry is so easy. It would be almost impossible to do it at either Bangkok airport where officials are under very heavy scrutiny.

So just bribe the people scrutinizing, duh!  

47 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Corruption happens in every aspect of Thai life. you don't benefit nor do you suffer.

Explain how one does not suffer when forced to pay corrupt individuals more than what an item costs such as a visa....oh right you believe it's always consensual

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, itsari said:

Somebody who is classified as woke is not so bad as being blind to the facts as you are showing .

There are none so blind as those that can't see....the corruption and paying to have your visa processed when on the outside you do not qualify is illegal...and so is the bribe the agent is paying on your behalf...adios back to watching the lemmings jump from the cliff where following the leader is the norm.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

57 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Explain that to a courtroom and judge when arrested and charged..... "Your honor it's not my fault I did like all of the other lemmings did, so why am I being singled out and charged, it's the laws fault really and then the police never enforced the law, so tell me why it was not ok"  your begging to be classified as Woke.

A judge has the power to refuse to apply a law that by not responding to persistent nonenforcement , the legislature has abandoned the law's application. A sudden decision to enforce the law converts agents of the executive branch into defacto lawmakers .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

There are none so blind as those that can't see....the corruption and paying to have your visa processed when on the outside you do not qualify is illegal...and so is the bribe the agent is paying on your behalf...adios back to watching the lemmings jump from the cliff where following the leader is the norm.

It is not illegal . 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Explain how one does not suffer when forced to pay corrupt individuals more than what an item costs such as a visa....oh right you believe it's always consensual

When I apply for extension using the monthly deposit method I make sure I have time to hire an agent if for some unforeseen reason it's needed. Mine's coming up in the next few months.

No one is forced to use an agent. If you don't qualify for an extension you are free to hire an agent and you're free to depart Thailand. It's all consensual. The rules are clear, sort of.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Think it is worth pointing out that there are different types of 'agent'.

There are the back-of-a-taxi bods. There are agents that use other agents (such as the agents that will renew a passport). And then there are the accredited ones; with an office and English speaking staff; all in uniform.

I've heard that one agent in Sakon Nakon agent was awarded a 'Charter Mark.. That is proudly displayed of their paperwork. Charter marks do not grow on trees. Have to be earned.

Edited by owl sees all

38 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not illegal to what, pay money to bribe an IO to act like you had all the required needed documents.

Oh come now Ryan. Some farang use an accredited agent. They trust them to proceed in their best interest.

Surely you are not suggesting that one should cross-examine an agent to establish where every baht of the fee goes.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No, I have no problem with folks using an agent to get their Visa or extension of stay done if they meet all of the requirements, and do so because they can not take the time to spend a day to go to immigration themselves as they have no means of travel to and from, or because they have medical problems, or because they just do not want to do it themselves as they can not be bothered, just like doing the 90 day. 

However, to hire an agent to smooth the rails out because you do not meet the requirements as you have no funds in the bank or meet the monthly requirements, and maybe have no insurance etc...that is the root cause of the illegal activity and plays into the corruption issue.  Find a proper type of visa, meet the requirements but if you do not do not tell people that what your doing is legal and above board.  Show me the waivers which allow this, and a brown envelope filled with money is not a waiver. 

When in Rome,,,,,.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I know of an expat who travels from BKK to Pattaya 4 times a year to do this. The only thing being, I don't know why. Money's not an issue for him, and he was doing it the legal way for about 12 years.

A Danish guy, some years back, rode his moped the 370km, one way, from our village to Pattaya 4 times a year to go to immigration.

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No, I have no problem with folks using an agent to get their Visa or extension of stay done if they meet all of the requirements, and do so because they can not take the time to spend a day to go to immigration themselves as they have no means of travel to and from, or because they have medical problems, or because they just do not want to do it themselves as they can not be bothered, just like doing the 90 day. 

However, to hire an agent to smooth the rails out because you do not meet the requirements as you have no funds in the bank or meet the monthly requirements, and maybe have no insurance etc...that is the root cause of the illegal activity and plays into the corruption issue.  Find a proper type of visa, meet the requirements but if you do not do not tell people that what your doing is legal and above board.  Show me the waivers which allow this, and a brown envelope filled with money is not a waiver. 

The excuse the guy I know uses is that if he does this he can leave the 800k overseas and make some interest on it. The only thing being is that I would think it costs him 20,000+ Baht a year to use the agent, if you include 4 trips pa BKK-Pattaya. He did it the legal way for about 12 years before. I couldn't see why he started using an agent when as far as I could see he could just carry on doing it the legal way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, malibukid said:

how about just requiring criminal back ground checks rather than 800k in the banks. 

I think an IQ test. And - most importantly - the ability to speak 100 words; but not in counting.

Also; why we are talking numbers. 100,00 sheets of paper, in just 40 boxes. That's 2500 sheets in each box (approximately). Those boxes are heavy.

Edited by owl sees all

5 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

The excuse the guy I know uses is that if he does this he can leave the 800k overseas and make some interest on it. The only thing being is that I would think it costs him 20,000+ Baht a year to use the agent, if you include 4 trips pa BKK-Pattaya. He did it the legal way for about 12 years before. I couldn't see why he started using an agent when as far as I could see he could just carry on doing it the legal way.

Maybe there is a different Visa he could qualify for like the new LTR Wealthy Pensioner visa and he would not need a bank with 800K Thb in it here.  I obtained the new Visa and repatriated the money back to the US and into a High Yield Savings account......

• Like 1