Jomtien Immigration Renamed "The Gates Of Hell"

38 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

I started using a visa agent 7 years ago, I know it's not legal but as I'm 80 years old it suits me fine. Just a question for the detractors of visa agents, are you all squeaky clean in everything you do. Even buying booze out of hours at the shop around the corner is illegal. What about how most of us met our partners, isn't prostitution illegal too?

You can do as many illegal things as you like - as long as you are willing to live with the possible consequences. Could be deportation, could be getting sick because of STDs or whatever. The illegal thing is up to you but the punishment not anymore. 

"What about how most of us met our partners, isn't prostitution illegal too?" 

Is it really that bad? Most of them have prostitutes as partners? ????????????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quake said:

I don't believe there is any more people using that office, than there was pre covid,

They are just being lazy, and very nasty with it now.

That place is over due for a clear out of useless officers.

Recently there has been more people than usual, mainly Russians and now Chinese.

It should improve now low season is here?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

The office is simply too small for the large number of people they need to be serving nowadays.

I don't say something like this very often, but I do actually have some sympathy for those poor souls who have to work in that zoo every day. Going there once in a while really is bad enough, as the OP attests to.

At least the building etc., are better than the previous location out in the jungle not far from the Regents Inter. School.

In that old building the toilets were always out of order and there was always 2 or 3 cm of water right across the floor of the actual office. 

14 minutes ago, scorecard said:

At least the building etc., are better than the previous location out in the jungle not far from the Regents Inter. School.

In that old building the toilets were always out of order and there was always 2 or 3 cm of water right across the floor of the actual office. 

As far as I can remember - before they were in Central Pattaya. But then they got a very good offer for the land and so they moved to Jomtien.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Recently there has been more people than usual, mainly Russians and now Chinese.

It should improve now low season is here?

I don't think the Russians will be leaving any time soon.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

(and I could swear this used to be a free service)

Apparently it is supposed to be free but it has always been 300 baht at Jomtien - well at least for last 10 or more years.

• Thanks 1