Prayut confident of making a comeback, but prepared “to go home”

webfact

I would not rule this out of hand. Remember how a PM is put in place here. It may still be that Phue Thai get 50+1 which I thinks makes it very difficult for his mates in the House and The Senate to get together to vote him in as PM. Not sure but the case is this is what can happen. Happened last time. 

• Like 1

Judging from his low energy and poor turnout of people for his election campaign, I think he is in for a drubbing. Compare with the enthusiastic and sponstaneous crowds at Phue Thai and Move Forward rallies, Prayut's walk around campaign looks fake with the supporters giving him roses. Even when asked by the crowd what are his policies, he utter with disrespect and arrogance that he will only tell unless the people elect him as Prime Minister, Thailand grudglingly had 8 years of him and it's time to dumb him together with the other walking dead General. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Prayut was only impersonating the power of the network which put him and Prawit into power. If Prayut goes, it does not mean this network will lose power and influence, as it includes most appointed people who have a direct or indirect influence on politics: the Senate, the Judiciary, the agencies such as the NACC or the EC, high-level civil servants, etc...

• Sad 1

All the underhanded politics, debates and reasoned discussions aside......it most certainly is time for a dramatic shift and change. 

Perhaps we're witnessing the gradual diminishing of the traditional old guard for good. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

If the PTP win an overall majority and 376 seats, with or without a coalition, they can simply tear up the current constitution, go back to the 1997 constitution and amend it.

That would solve the senate problem, just dissolve the senate and sack ALL the senators.

If that should happen, I wonder what the self granted amnesty to the coup leaders would be worth?

After all that is what happens with every coup.

376 seats out of the 500 up for grabs is unlikely but not impossible and will require several coalition partners. It's only a realistic prospect if PT and Move Forward are in the same coalition.

• Like 1

Sorry to disappoint you, but you have failed so miserably, so resuloutely, and have given nothing to the people, other than a few infrastructure projects. 

Go home. Get out. You are not only facing huge disapproval, you are utterly despised by 95%! You have failed. You are a failure. Give your nation a chance Mr. Caretaker PM. See ya! 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

If the PTP win an overall majority and 376 seats, with or without a coalition, they can simply tear up the current constitution, go back to the 1997 constitution and amend it.

That would solve the senate problem, just dissolve the senate and sack ALL the senators.

If that should happen, I wonder what the self granted amnesty to the coup leaders would be worth?

After all that is what happens with every coup.

That is desperately required. Send those super corrupt, highly toxic army appointed senators packing. 

Or, are you prepared to admit this is NOT a democracy? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1