The purpose of tatoos

I have seen some pretty tattoos on women, the prettiest was a flock of butterflies that covered from the back of one leg, up across her back. When she was dressed, you could only see two, just over the front of one shoulder. Now, when I am back in the states, living in a college town, most the girls I see have at least one tattoo.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

Does this really improve their ability to work in bars?

From the moment they had their first "customer" they (most) know they can never have a normal life anymore so why would they care?! 

And also many tattoo's are payed by their customers. Have seen pics from a girl have a tattoo, you know where, "Frank's F*** Toy". Think she not chosen herself. 

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Simply personal choice , if you want a better answer , ask one of these girls ...

There are two kinds of tattoos: those done for aesthetic reasons (opinions differ of course) and those made for religious reasons, mostly on the back (buddhist Sak Yant, much more rare ethnic chinese Peranakan Hokkien).

In this day and age, frankly, I found few girls who could accurately describe the meaning of their Sak Yant, much less do the proper chants, so this has gone 'mainstream' with all the good or bad one might interprete into it.

Edited by jts-khorat

9 hours ago, bignok said:

I don't care if people want to waste money on ugly things. Just don't understand it. Never heard a 75yo say wow I'm so glad I got those tatts when I was 25yo.

I hear 75yos say they were proud they did this or that in life but never tattoos.

How many 75 year old women with tatt's are you hanging around with ?????

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

How many 75 year old women with tatt's are you hanging around with ?????

Applies to all. Nobody over 60yo says wow man Im glad I got those tatts. So its a waste of money.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Foexie said:

From the moment they had their first "customer" they (most) know they can never have a normal life anymore so why would they care?! 

And also many tattoo's are payed by their customers. Have seen pics from a girl have a tattoo, you know where, "Frank's F*** Toy". Think she not chosen herself. 

Some marry have kids.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

Applies to all. Nobody over 60yo says wow man Im glad I got those tatts. So its a waste of money.

No one ???  are you sure ??.....  I'd hope by 60 years old most people aren't dumb enough to make such sweeping generalisations....    So... Are you hanging around with 75 year old tattooed women, or is it 60 yr old  dope head saying 'wow man' ???

13 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

I like a chick/ho with nice ink, but they look horrible once the ink fades/spreads with time, especially sak yant (poke method) tats.

As for my own (12)......some of them are personal/meaningful, some just designs I like, and there's one small sized one I regret. 

I'm a pretty big boned guy, face like a Mexican cartel thug, socially more of a lone wolf and don't like the majority of people I meet so the tats have an added unintended function of often acting as a force field that repels most. I couldn't hurt a fly and am (now) a total pacifist, but I honestly don't mind the "bad guy" image it projects.

"Ho?" I think your skull is thick boned too.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, kangaloowest said:

Up to that person and no-one else

Ever heard of the saying:

"Not my business " ??

Perhaps you and others should practice that 

Screenshot_20230307-071944_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230307-071752_Chrome.jpg

If you know the person well, you should try to talk them out of it by explaining they will regret the tattoos when they are older, or even in just a few short years. For example, my wife's two sisters had some tattoos that they regretted not long after. They actually get depressed over them and feel like cutting them off.

The lady in the photos you posted obviously had no friends, because she'll probably want to kill herself sometime in the future when her skin will look like a huge blue stain. If she found herself single, she'd have serious limitations on potential partners.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Foexie said:

I've lived with 3 bar girls, they are all now married at ages 40-50+ and have normal 'middle-class' lives in nice houses.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

that's the point of tee shirts. Tattoos ruin girls, guys i couldn't care less, but i usually avoid tattoo people

tattoos ruin girls?

do you have a scientific link to back that up?

a bit dramatic, no?

maybe the bar industry ruins girls ... but let's not have that debate again.

but many normal girls have tattoos nowadays. 

I get that kid get tatts, I got a few when I was a kid, but what I don't get is old guys with new tattoos, like all of the sudden at sixty I'm a bada**. Too funny. 

Nothing screams moron like fresh sleeves on a sixty-year-old. 

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What's wrong with meeting your future wife in a gogo bar? 

My one was the hottest girl on stage - and no tattoos at all.

Nothing wrong if it good for you.

Many men in judgement of women and what do have there brain in there crutch.

22 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

Does this really improve their ability to work in bars? Could the tatoos not be a burden when they e.g. finally marry and return to their home village? So why do they get massively tatooed?

You're speaking like this is a "Thai" thing. It's global, at least in the West and wannabe Western countries.  And it's not limited to just women, it's both sexes.  Basically it's a generational phenomenon.  So heavily tatted gals simply end up marrying heavily tatted guys.

3 minutes ago, connda said:

You're speaking like this is a "Thai" thing. It's global, at least in the West and wannabe Western countries.  And it's not limited to just women, it's both sexes.  Basically it's a generational phenomenon.  So heavily tatted gals simply end up marrying heavily tatted guys.

Tattoo on girl in Thailand = prostitute.

Tattoo on girl in the west = slut.

The bigger the tattoo, the more they are.

Tattoo on guy in Thailand = low-life.

Tattoo on guy in west = thug.

Just my opinions, obviously there are exceptions but I will avoid all obviously tattooed people.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

Its fashionable and they think it looks good, simple as that.

Its more socially accepted than ever.

Its not just hookers that have them, many 'normal' thai women under 30 will have one somewhere.

Most current sports stars / musicians are covered in tatts

I myself never did, but have thought about it before, and have nothing against it, but never pulled the trigger.

Now I guess I'll just wait for the 'clean' look to come back into fashion

For me, the girls with full back tatts, sleeves, tatts between or on their tits look terrible, but, as they say; up to you

Oh, and the ubiquitous 'barcode' sak yant! scan her at the checkout on the way out of the bar

Well in the company I work, a tattoo is a big minus point, even for a machine operator. And staff with tattoo can't have customer contact as it looks bad for the company....

A woman with religious tattoo was seen as not very trustworthy because of her superstition.

Not very much accepted in the upper class.....You won't see some politicians with tattoos....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Tattoo on girl in Thailand = prostitute.

Tattoo on girl in the west = slut.

The bigger the tattoo, the more they are.

Tattoo on guy in Thailand = low-life.

Just my opinions.

Tattoo on guy in west = thug.

You have in Thailand also religious tattoos....not for prostitutes....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Myran said:

To piss off sad old farts who can't seem to mind their own business.

I side with the sad old farts on this one

A  ???? unless traditional or indigenous/culturally significant

AKM4.jpg

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Haha 1