Trump charged with four counts over 2020 election

Social Media

13 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Many points to ponder in that post as I have noted, but then again lawyers will do what they will, but many a case has faltered on their "misguided" beliefs........after all the trump lawyers fought 60 cases on their misguided beliefs and look where that got them!

I am not saying Trump will get off or should get off for any of the current or possible criminal cases. Just that these cases are complex, have detailed Federal jury instructions, and Supreme Court precedent rulings that may affect what would seem to be an otherwise 'obvious' outcome.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Tug said:

More encouraging stuff did anyone notice how tepid the support was during old Donnie’s most recent arrest?Ill bet Donnie did!as far as Donnie scampering (wallowing) off to Putin’s warm embrace I don’t think that would last long.any info he would /could give would be tainted by his mental illness most likely of little use now if he has thumb drives of real info that’s a problem.my guess is Putin would arrange an accident as soon as he’s given up what he has,and most likely bill us to get the carcass back for burial 

Sure, but recent reports indicate that Putin needs to be very careful of accidents. 

On 8/2/2023 at 8:13 AM, earlinclaifornia said:

I read the document and in my lifetime I never have read something so shocking and so well laid out factually.

You need to get out a bit more, then.   How could you know what areas of the indictment will be confirmed to be "facts"?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I have to disagree on this.

If you rob a bank, it doesn't matter if you truly believe the money is really yours. 

However, state of mind enters the picture when considering an insanity defense.

A defense that DT will never go with is an insanity defense.  He will go down believing the lies he has spoken are truths and that he is being singled out because he was the greatest President the US ever had.....and he believes it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You may have heard the expression that prosecutors can “indict a ham sandwich.”
This reflects the facts that: (1) grand jury proceedings are secret and closed to the public. The defense has no opportunity to present evidence at a grand jury proceeding, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, or present its side of the story. 
https://www.burnhamgorokhov.com/criminal-defense-resources/federal-criminal-process/federal-indictments-faqs

At this point its all political! Accusations by a democrat prosecutor ,hired by a democrat attorney general Garland .

imop

Now onto a hostile DC court system , where  95% of the voters, vote for dems and where the electorate has been told previously by his political  opponent that Trump is like Gobbels a Nazi propagandist !

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/26/joe-biden-trump-joseph-goebbels-422047

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, riclag said:

At this point its all political! Accusations by a democrat prosecutor ,hired by a democrat attorney general Garland .

There are other people who were jailed by their political opponents. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, riclag said:

You may have heard the expression that prosecutors can “indict a ham sandwich.”
This reflects the facts that: (1) grand jury proceedings are secret and closed to the public. The defense has no opportunity to present evidence at a grand jury proceeding, challenge the prosecution’s evidence, or present its side of the story. 
https://www.burnhamgorokhov.com/criminal-defense-resources/federal-criminal-process/federal-indictments-faqs

imop

Now onto a hostile DC court system , where  95% of the voters, vote for dems and where the electorate has been told previously by his political  opponent that Trump is like Gobbels a Nazi propagandist !

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/26/joe-biden-trump-joseph-goebbels-422047

Good post. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Following the former president’s third indictment, The Onion asked Republicans to explain why Donald Trump is innocent, and this is what they said.

https://www.theonion.com/republicans-explain-why-trump-is-innocent-1850705405

Yes, theonion. Strange how their humor hits so close to home sometimes. 

Humour??? Am I missing something? These bogans obviously believe the nonsense they are spouting! Sad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I have to disagree on this.

If you rob a bank, it doesn't matter if you truly believe the money is really yours. 

However, state of mind enters the picture when considering an insanity defense.

I think some crimes don't require the mens rea element, like drug possession, speeding, murder, bank robbery, etc. Incitement probably does require the defendant to understand that he was committing a crime. In Trump's case that might be tricky to prove given his known state of mental development.

• Like 1