Would you ever marry a bar girl? If so, why?

bob smith

I think it's almost funny when many guys here write about problems with wives who worked previously in bars.

Sure, there are problems in some of those relationships. But what about "normal" relationships. Are all educated couples with good jobs happily ever after? I know enough guys who married a good girl and later they divorced.

Problems happen in all relationships, not just when the woman was working in a bar. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's almost funny when many guys here write about problems with wives who worked previously in bars.

Sure, there are problems in some of those relationships. But what about "normal" relationships. Are all educated couples with good jobs happily ever after? I know enough guys who married a good girl and later they divorced.

Problems happen in all relationships, not just when the woman was working in a bar. 

Why would you marry a woman that used to ride sausage for a living??

it baffles me!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

About the same as i do for mine? I bang hookers every chance that i get! 

And then you expect that they do it for free because somehow you pretend you didn't know they were hookers, correct?

You should try to remember what you wrote in this forum. You constantly contradict yourself. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Interestingly, most middle class Thai men I meet all have a suitable age Thai wife at home, and bang 20yo Thai hookers on the side. 

One, of a few more, real reasons they look to foreigners to marry when they or the man leaves. Their reputation I heard about when I was a few years out of high school.

It's not about you getting married or going to live together. It's about the fact that even if they are bar girls they are a thousand times one hundred better than a Westerner (who are much more speculators and sluts), the difference is that Thai women are direct Westerners plan for the long term. Have you ever dated a divorced Westerner? The first month they give you sex, the second month you are paying for the electricity, the telephone, the son's school, the supermarket- the excuse is that her ex-husband does not give her the pension ????). In summary, it is better to pay 10,000 baths here and not 6000 euros in Europe….

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe she is good at it.

And if you dislike hookers so much, why do you frequent them all the time? 

Smashing them and binning them is one thing. Marrying them is quite another.

I would expect you, as the expert you seem to be, to know the difference! 

Edited by bob smith
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Any girl that ends up working as a bar girl is, in the eyes of Thai society, a loser.

all real thai women and men say the same.

It is a saying about people who look down on others, and feel sorry for your wife and what she have to struggle with. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And that's my point.

It seems many people who can afford a maid and nanny have them. And then the parents go to work and make money and the nanny takes care of the children.

Now, are these nannies who are professionals who are trained to take care of children? Or is it more likely that the rich parents hire someone cheap?

Latchkey children, when they are old enough to take care of themselves somewhat, are all over, including the USA. Here, the difference is the amount that are raised by grandmas, from birth until that time. Rich people are much of the time too busy to spend time with their kids, which is one reason they shouldn't have them. Money doesn't make for a stable child into adult being. It just spoils by buying their love. Those kinds think the world revolves around them. What happens here, with absent fathers, which is usually the case, is boys growing up to be hoodlums, looking more at their peers for how they should act, ganging up on others 5 against 1, getting involved in gangs and hard drugs, and robbing others, and girls looking for that absent dad in a spineless, unemployed before mentioned loser, getting pregnant, then giving the child to grandma and leaving to work elsewhere, repeating the same patterns they saw growing up., generation after generation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vibora99 said:

It's not about you getting married or going to live together. It's about the fact that even if they are bar girls they are a thousand times one hundred better than a Westerner (who are much more speculators and sluts), the difference is that Thai women are direct Westerners plan for the long term. Have you ever dated a divorced Westerner? The first month they give you sex, the second month you are paying for the electricity, the telephone, the son's school, the supermarket- the excuse is that her ex-husband does not give her the pension ????). In summary, it is better to pay 10,000 baths here and not 6000 euros in Europe….

Actually the difference isn't that you pay more for one or the other. You always pay. It's called providing. With a bar girl, the difference is you're paying for the sex, and not dating. When you get married, it's providing for either. Your mind has to deal with the fact she's been with so many. If you're okay with that, and truly okay, then it doesn't matter. The fact still remains. She will never see you as a special man, but just one of the many. Sex has a way of doing that to a mind. Sex is supposed to be a gift for two to share. Intimacy is supposed to be given for love. When the world cheapened it as a transaction, there went the normal thinking and looking at women as objects to perform instead of to make love to.                                                                               Saying bar girls are thousands of times better than a normal western girl is as ridiculous a statement as I've ever heard. What makes a woman better is moral thinking, a nurturer as a mother who doesn't give her children away to be seen many years later, when someone else raised them. Looking at her man as a partner and not an ATM. As a protector and not her pimp, who doesn't give a <deleted> besides what she earns him. I've had maybe a hundred western woman as dates or lovers, and not one asked me for money. Here it's understood that you give them money. Most of us don't mind, as long as it's not true greed and the family doesn't hold us to it because we are with their daughters. Some appreciate it and say thank you when they receive it, no matter the amount. In the US, you are expected to provide after you're married. If you decide to help them before, that's okay, and should be appreciated and not expected. Dating, you share expenses, as women there are more independent. Women are sluts everywhere. That's the ones a normal man avoids, along with the mentally ill. Only brings heartaches. When I dated western women, the sex was always given, as long as the relationship lasted. That's because they look at you as a man, and not an ATM. Here, it's the opposite in many cases.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/5/2023 at 2:29 PM, bob smith said:

why take your chance on a poor, uneducated daughter of a peasant farmer when you can have a well educated woman with a good job. 

I think thats the point im trying to make anyway..

So why are you picking up girls in a bar and bring them to Koh Changy?

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 6:37 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Good post.

And even if the girls have a half decent education and a job, many of those jobs don't have a good salary.

One of my favorite bar girls was an accountant. Before she worked in a bar she worked in accounting. According to her she had 16k salary. Not enough to pay for a decent school for her son. So she looked for a sponsor and found one in a bar. 

Being an accountant is different as working in accounting. An accountant earns way more than 16K.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Probably a doctor who hires a (cheap) girl from up country to take care of her kids...

And actually lives with the kid.

The Pattaya hooker leaves their kids in the sticks with grandma or an an Aunt, rarely even bothering to call them.

Terrible parents most of them.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Saying bar girls are thousands of times better than a normal western girl is as ridiculous a statement as I've ever heard.

I have said it before these blokes are completly deluded. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

but they do all they need to do to make the money for their family.

And drugs, and booze, and gambling, and shopping and to give to their giks.

Sending the money to the family/ vet for the sick buffalo. All BS.

38 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I would expect you, as the expert you seem to be, to know the difference! 

Thanks for your confidence.

In my personal experience with bargirls, they are absolutely not all the same.

Some of them are f$#$ and forget - and they think exactly the same.

Some are nice girls. Some of those nice girls are also fun in bed. And some are girlfriend material.

Some are obviously damaged.

When I meet girls in bars, I keep an open mind. Let them talk and normally it doesn't take too long to get an impression of who they are and what they want. They are definitely not all the same. And obviously they change over time. The new innocent from last week is soon not so innocent anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Vibora99 said:

Have you ever dated a divorced Westerner?

Yes a few. They usually get one night per week off and every second weekend and are hanging out for a good seeing too.

41 minutes ago, Vibora99 said:

The first month they give you sex, the second month you are paying for the electricity, the telephone, the son's school, the supermarket

Er, nah. 

Only a sucker would do that. The sort of sucker who would believe they were in a "relationship" with a thai whore and not see himself as she seems him. A good customer.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vibora99 said:

This is what I meant by ‘ugly men’…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

And breeding with them is another thing again.

Thats who I really feel sorry for the most.

Socially challenged foreign father with autism, sociopathy or the like with a damaged mother. What hope do the kids have?

Perhaps universally around the world the worst insult you can give to somebody is "Your mother is a whore" 

When it is actually true and not just an insult it is a whole new level again.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

45 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You shouldn't believe everything what has been written here. 

You can tell from what I write that is hardly the case. I mentioned being a big reader of psychology, for 30 years. that doesn't equate to naive.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1