Middle Eastern Tourists Pose Policing Challenges in Pattaya

webfact

How come they don't bash up the bikes, bang themselves up nicely, and end up in the hospital on life support so their mums and dads can come and sit with them and sis can go to the local newspaper with the story and start a go fund me, like normal kids do?

• Haha 1

Its not just the tourism spots.

Its ALL of Thailand that needs a police shake up. 

I stood at the local intersection yesterday and no less than 100 bikes and no helmets.

Illegal u turns.

3 on bikes. 

Right in front of the police box.

But farang and tourism are always targeted. 

Screenshot_20230810_115101_Maps.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, champers said:

Did I read somewhere on here that many have diplomatic immunity (through daddy)?

It's possible a lot of them could have Diplomatic Passports. Canada and the UAE had a minor tiff years ago when we were in Afghanistan. We used to get a 90 day "visa exemption" stamp every time we entered Dubai.
But the UAE wanted Canada to provide Diplomatic Passports to members of their royal family.

3,000 members of their royal family in fact. As every nephew, cousin and third cousin twice removed is apparently a member of the royal family.

Canada said no and for a short period the UAE restricted our travel (until "someone" talked to "someone" and suddenly they relented and allowed normal travel again). 
But they only gave us 30 Day exemption stamps after that. No big deal for most of us as we usually didn't stay more than a day anyways.

So if certain Arab countries did the same thing with Thailand, then yeah, there could be dozens/hundreds of youths in the country on Diplomatic Passports.

We also have "satellite" families in Canada where rich Chinese, mostly from Hong Kong, arrange Permanent Residence or even Citizenship in Canada (about as easy these days as opening a bank account is for most people).
Once they get a Canadian passport, they can pretty much bring their entire families over, who all get Canadian citizenship as well it seems. Then the parents go back to Hong Kong to continue making money while leaving the safe in Canada.

So we end up with a bunch of filthy rich Asians (like the TV show but not as fake) racing around like it's Hong Kong Drift - and that was years before the first Fast & Furious movie came out.

Reading the news about them street racing in Richmond and other places was pretty much as common as reading the news here about the Arab scooter gangs recently.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mbolo said:

Oh well, TAT was chasing ‘quality tourists’. They got them !

Yes these Arabs are annoying all the fine upstanding whore mongers who punch on with bar security.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mbolo said:

Oh well, TAT was chasing ‘quality tourists’. They got them !

Yes these Arabs are annoying all the fine upstanding whore mongers who punch on with bar security.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Denim said:

I am curious. Do these miscreants go to bars and take women too or are they just in Pattaya to hang together out of their parents eyesight ? Not read about any of them getting drunk ?

When they're not racing around Pattaya city, I've seen them explore Coconut bar for discounts and '4-in-1' kind of a deal.

Seen them smoking in public, but never drinking alcohol. 

Maybe others who frequent Walking street and Treetown have other observations.

Until Chonburi plod get involved, I can't see much change. They will continue racing with 2 or 3 on a bike, never wear a helmet, always revving these small automatic :cheesy: PCX

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

It's possible a lot of them could have Diplomatic Passports. Canada and the UAE had a minor tiff years ago when we were in Afghanistan. We used to get a 90 day "visa exemption" stamp every time we entered Dubai.
But the UAE wanted Canada to provide Diplomatic Passports to members of their royal family.

3,000 members of their royal family in fact. As every nephew, cousin and third cousin twice removed is apparently a member of the royal family.

Canada said no and for a short period the UAE restricted our travel (until "someone" talked to "someone" and suddenly they relented and allowed normal travel again). 
But they only gave us 30 Day exemption stamps after that. No big deal for most of us as we usually didn't stay more than a day anyways.

So if certain Arab countries did the same thing with Thailand, then yeah, there could be dozens/hundreds of youths in the country on Diplomatic Passports.

We also have "satellite" families in Canada where rich Chinese, mostly from Hong Kong, arrange Permanent Residence or even Citizenship in Canada (about as easy these days as opening a bank account is for most people).
Once they get a Canadian passport, they can pretty much bring their entire families over, who all get Canadian citizenship as well it seems. Then the parents go back to Hong Kong to continue making money while leaving the safe in Canada.

So we end up with a bunch of filthy rich Asians (like the TV show but not as fake) racing around like it's Hong Kong Drift - and that was years before the first Fast & Furious movie came out.

Reading the news about them street racing in Richmond and other places was pretty much as common as reading the news here about the Arab scooter gangs recently.

When I worked in the ME I had to spend time in Dubai and was getting visa on arrival and like you say it suddenly stopped.It caused a lot of logistical issues for the people arranging my flights etc.

I'm a Canuck also and from what I see online Canada is quickly turning into a 3rd world sh__ hole.

I thank my lucky stars I relocated to LOS several years ago.

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Two policemen at the end of each Soi stopping anything on the road that is illegal.. 

it's called policing.

After a month there should be no issues remaining

That would be proactive and would be law enforcement. Don't see too much of that here, as it relates to traffic. The roadblocks accomplish nothing. 

• Like 1

Guys just want to have fun but they lack the manners to ignore the fact other people live there. Maybe Thai gov. should sponsor these people to learn some thing exciting where they can do less harm like Sky Diving over Vietnam........................parachute not included.

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Two policemen at the end of each Soi stopping anything on the road that is illegal.. 

it's called policing.

After a month there should be no issues remaining

They don't seem to have managed policing, as most people would know it, up to now. I'm not sure some rowdy middle eastern trouble makers will provide the motivation to do better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

I am curious. Do these miscreants go to bars and take women too or are they just in Pattaya to hang together out of their parents eyesight ? Not read about any of them getting drunk ?

They used to go to Tonys discotechque. He catered too them and I hate to break it to all the farangs who think Thai women/hookers love them over others.

They dont, the hookers were hooking as they do in all the other Pattaya nightclubs.

I have to say it was more fun there than Lucifers, Walking Street Pub, Mixx etc. Those Arab boys know how to party and the women were all over them.

The only thing that put me off it were the blokes trying to kiss me.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Goat said:

Those Arab boys know how to party and the women were all over them.

The only thing that put me off it were the blokes trying to kiss me.

Have they got a new favorite song yet or is it still the immortal :