Thaksin helicoptered to Police Hospital at 3am after feeling ill says Department of Corrections

webfact

21 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I'd be more worried about someone trying to punch his ticket, especially in government custody, though the outcome of that would be unfathomable. This place is an unstable powder keg waiting to explode, he should have stayed away.

Point taken. On the other hand his total departure from this life would ultimately be a positive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Could anyone be in his position?

Not many prisoners would be flown out in a helicopter if they complained of feeling unwell.

No, but they would be taken to the hospital, especially if they were covering the cost.

Fake a heart attack, they have to/should take you to hospital, and even a ward bed would be better the a packed cell, not that Thaksin was in one.

At his age, not much of a stretch that health issue will pop up the next 8 yrs (or 1st day ????), and should be tended to.

No different worldwide.  PA, USA has a federal prison the isn't even completely fenced in, and small cyclone/wire fence at that, in some parts.

Many prison have 'elite' cells, why are people surprised or outraged.  Tell your govt rep, stop crying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

Fake a heart attack, they have to/should take you to hospital, and even a ward bed would be better the a packed cell, not that Thaksin was in one.

You jogged my memory.. when I was in Venezuela I was told if arrested fake a heart attack.. they would take you to a hospital. Doing it in the cells wouldn't work out.

I don't know what to think... if he is unwell, I would have expected him to remain in Singapore.... anyhow, a lot of your points are not valid for what we have here.... I doubt we will get the truth anyhow!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Most development happened in the early 2000's, when Thaksin was PM.

I always think of 2006, and getting the airport opened. There had been wrangling and delays and BS I could not believe.... I always felt Thaksin at least got that done. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ezzra said:

And the  'shticks' and games begins felling ill all of a sudden and being helicoptered to hospital, never heard of any other prisoner being helicoptered to hospital before.

I'd do the same thing if i had the money. <deleted> being stuck in Bangkok traffic under a medical emergancy

7 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Paid off the IMF loan two years early.

Universal healthcare.

Infrastructure projects.

High speed internet.

Micro loans to farmers.

I could keep going and going, but nah, he closed the pubs at 2am and made visas for sexpats more difficult to get is what is important. 

He did a lot of decent stuff while in office. Not that I have to like the man in any way shape or form. 

wasn't it him that put 200% tax on wine? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1