Justice Ministry Accused Of Granting Undue Privileges To Thaksin

webfact

Ironic, given that government protestors were languishing in jails with COVID. I think 1-2 may have even died but a good many seriously ill. Not to mention the hunger strikes.

It really makes one question living here

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Homburg said:

Of course the Justice Ministry is granting privileges to Thaksin, but these are not "undue".  These have been bought and paid for!

Yeah. It's about time he started giving some of his money back to the people he took it from.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Everybody knew he wasn’t going to prison that’s why he delayed his trip here for a few days to make sure everything was in place I’m gonna do is we’ll just is here by now they would’ve had the Red Bull guy behind bars and you know that’s not gonna happen same same TIT

He even said himself that he thought he'd only spend days in prison. 

1 hour ago, Hawaiian said:

Hypertension, the silent killer.

Thanks for that, you've really brightened my morning. 

Having said that I've taken my medication so my blood pressure isn't high now. Or at least it wasn't until I read your post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember - he was taken to the hospital after less than a day in jail because of "insomnia" and a little "tingle" in the tip of on finger.

I have a little "tingle" in the tips of two fingers right now. Maybe I should go to the hospital as well ? Get a comfy bed in a special suite with a private bathroom and catered meals and no smelly "peasants" to deal with.

And let us not forget - this is Thailand - where even murderers can apply (and pay) for bail and be released to fight their cases (assuming they can afford it of course).

Just like the father of some certain Mayors and MPs did some years ago after he was jailed for arranging the murder of a political rival. But was released on bail after being charged in a land fraud case and promptly disappeared. (Without anyone trying too hard to find him it seems.) He finally "gave himself up" after developing a medical condition.
(I think he also went to one of those "special suites" at the same hospital that Thaksin is currently in.)

• Like 1

So, the Justice Ministry as now joined the land of bungs. I bet his blood pressure is nowhere near as high as mine. I suspect theirs plenty of inmates at that prison with way higher problems than chest pains who really do need medical help.

Full points to the boys who thought this one up, cant wait to see what happens next.   

Thailand has the best justice money can buy and we are seeing what kind of service you can get as a convict, if you slap down a billion baht - soon to be recouped from taxpayers.  New airport projects already announced.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

People act surprised at this. C'mon, gie yoursel' a shake. We know this place is a total and utter basket case under the surface. 

Heroin smuggling thugs given cabinet positions, prime minister elect accused of serious corruption in land deals, refusal to release details of watch case against Deputy PM etc, etc, etc. 

It's the land of smoke and mirrors, and you can never, ever trust what you see.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Elkski said:

The protesters need to converse energy until the masses have had a chance to talk about this farse with family.  When is next travel home holiday?  Maybe the Budda day in October. 

My Thai granddaughter shared that it's getting  massive negative discussion at her uni.

She's off to a protest after lunch today. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Stay focused politicians.  You have the ability to make real change, with long term benefits to the people who live in Thailand.

Focus on, raising education standards, partially funding education, improving Healthcare, attracting businesses who offer higher paying jobs for the skilled, educated workers.  Reducing corruption, improving all government processes (efficiency, online submittal, online information availability, ease of locating info)  Addressing Mass Bus Transportation information availability.  There is No centrally maintained, updated online platform that lists routes, departure times, costs, purchasing, and contact information for Big Interprovincial busses.  

These are a few key issues that are obtainable with some effort.

4 hours ago, wombat said:

Special privileges?

No excrement Sherlock!

How could anyone think that?

According to this link

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

For any one who want to know the whole true story in an informative and an eye opener details regarding the new PM and Thaksin read here courtesy of CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/23/asia/thailand-explainer-election-prime-minister-intl-hnk/index.html

So Srettha is in favour of same sex marriages? I stopped being a supporter of the SNP (Scottish National Party) because of that, although I would have stopped supporting the SNP after they elected a Muslim FM (First Minister).

Justice Ministry Accused Of Granting Undue Privileges To Thaksin

More accurately: 
Justice Ministry Accused Of Granting Undue Privileges To The Wealthy In Thailand's Two-Tiered "Justice" System.

It's not just Thaksin.

2 hours ago, youngster30uk said:

I am sure he believed that, seems unlikely he would have publicly said it

Citation please, otherwise you have just made that up

No I haven't made it up. I'll try to find it but I read far too much of this stuff so it might be difficult to find. As I haven't actually spoken to him it will just be what's reported.

Easier than I thought. It wasn't said publicly but then I didn't say it was, I just couldn't remember.

https://thainewsroom.com/2023/08/08/thaksin-only-anticipates-days-not-months-or-years-in-jail-upon-return/

This is just from a source so it might be true, or it might not but it certainly seems to be playing out that way. Let's face it most on here didn't think he would spend years in prison and Thaksin probably has better information than we do.

Edited by kimamey