PM Prayut bids farewell to the Thai people

webfact

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Deak Khun Prayut, thank you for staging the coup for removing Thaksin's and his little sister's greedy hands from Thailand.

Someone had to do it and you were brave enough to do it.

Thank you.

Enjoy your retirement. 

There's some truth in what you say.

Had he just got rid of Thaksin and his close supporters and enablers, and then allowed the democratically elected government to carry on working things may have been ok. Thaksin acting as PM with his sister as very poor cover for his actions needed to be stopped as its not allowed under Thai law. Unfortunately Prayut suffers from the same lust for power as Thaksin and others so it didn't work out as it should

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I always love when people, and especially farangs, pretend to know why things happened.

Where do you get your insider wisdom from? Or is it just in your imagination?

I know that Prayut wasn't exactly a great PM. But I still like the idea that he removed Thaksin.

Even now we can see how Thaksin divides the people. He wants to be the center of attention. He doesn't care about Thailand or anybody outside of his family. I hope he rots in jail. 

Au contraire.

No individual, in the history of this nation, has been more responsible for uniting

Thais than Thaksin.

Firstly, during and after his initial administration, it was Thaksin who taught the people the power of their vote and in doing so built a vast, election dominating, united mass movement against the establishment.

Secondly, by now betraying his supporters and democracy, it is Thaksin who has finally united Thais from all walks of life and from all socio-economic backgrounds behind Move Forward.

There will be a Move Forward government after the next election, recent polling clearly indicates where popular support lays - thank you Thaksin.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut reflects on PM term: Thailand’s journey to progress

???????? This must be bizzaro world because since the coup it has been Thailand's  journey into the twilight zone

The fact that their coup constitution with the military appointed 250 BS senators has even now once again sealed Thailand's fate with more of the same & is just adding insult to injury

14 minutes ago, mokwit said:

He was Thailand's longest serving Prime Minister.

Here is a list of his achievements:

And then there is Thaksin.

His biggest "achievement" is how he divided the Thai people like nobody before him.

Edited by OneMoreFarang

For anybody who posts here I would love to know how long they live in Thailand.

Did you experience Thaksin, his honest mistakes, his constant attitude to be above the law. etc.?

Did you experience the time before Thaksin?

I don't pretend Prayut was a good PM because he wasn't. But in Thailand, like many other countries, the question is often not who is good but is A better than B. And if B is very bad then maybe A is still better - even if he is not good.

And I think the important part is that people actually experienced this time in Thailand. There is a big difference between reading history books or listen to others and experiencing situations yourself.

I gave the soldiers on the streets from both recent coups soft drinks. They helped to get rid of Thaksin and his little sister. The courts should have removed him, but they didn't (see his "honest mistake"). The military did remove him. Good job. Thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

No he didn't bid farewell, he was kicked out by the people. He will be remember for his undemocratic legacy and trying to cling on to power with his appointed senators. 9 wasted years of human rights abuses and lost economic opportunities. 

• Confused 2

Phayut stayed far too long and maybe he did some good in some areas and only time will tell us that, however giving the reins back to Thaksin and his cohorts is unforgivable and a real smack in the mouth for the vast majority of Thai people. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Where do you get your insider wisdom from? Or is it just in your imagination?

It's called local knowledge, long experience, a diverse Thai network, wide reading and respect for expert opinion (and a willingness to challenge one's own prejudice)

You should try it sometime though I appreciate the lazy, half thought out approach is easier when confirmation bias is in play.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The government invested heavily in national infrastructure, including land, rail, sea, and air transport, crucial for economic growth. The ultimate goal was to transform Thailand into a hub for aviation, transport, and tourism.

So why did they 'invest' in subs whithout engines?

• Haha 1