Russell Brand and why the allegations took so long to surface

Social Media

12 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

The Kevin Spacey case was really an eye opener to me. Brand is certainly no angel, that's for sure, but rape? I don't know. Wait and see what the trial brings to light. 

Given the length of time that has elapsed, on some of the complaints it seems more likely that it was consensual in the heat of the moment and regret in the aftermath, than rape. If I were a woman that had it off with Brand while in the heat of the moment I likely would be somewhat disgusted with myself in the morning light ( rather like a man that woke up next to an ugly woman after the beer goggles wore off ).

Having all the evidence as to women lusting after celebrity men that one could possibly need, it would take a LOT more proof than a female's assertion that she was raped for me to take her seriously.

That if it involved a non celebrity man it's more likely to actually be rape is because women rarely lust after Joe the plumber and throw their knickers at him ( as with Tom Jones ).

As for myself, I had an unfortunate affair with a using woman that trashed me and left me emotionally scarred about 40 years ago. Now that she is a successful lawyer, should I look to the courts to get some payback, and a bit of money to boot?

• Thumbs Up 2

To all those that say's a person is guilty if found guilty in a court of law are talkin tosh. Trial by jury is NOT foolproof. Many examples of the story below on Google.

California man who spent 28 years in prison is found innocent of 1995 rape, robbery and kidnapping

https://apnews.com/article/california-man-conviction-innocent-rape-6c95963087886b7a28f4d854533a9c80

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As for myself, I had an unfortunate affair with a using woman that trashed me and left me emotionally scarred about 40 years ago. Now that she is a successful lawyer, should I look to the courts to get some payback, and a bit of money to boot?

Sure you can.  If you can prove that she raped you.....????

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

As for your other points, it is deeply unfair that someone can have their reputation destroyed while the accuser's identity is kept secret. It should be the same rule for accused and accuser. Either both are kept secret, or both are revealed. Brand has had his life turned upside down based on nothing more than an accusation from an ex-girlfriend from years ago. Ridiculous. 

The matter is examined here:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/publications/research-and-analysis/moj-research/anonymity-rape-research-report.pdf

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given the length of time that has elapsed, on some of the complaints it seems more likely that it was consensual in the heat of the moment and regret in the aftermath, than rape. If I were a woman that had it off with Brand while in the heat of the moment I likely would be somewhat disgusted with myself in the morning light ( rather like a man that woke up next to an ugly woman after the beer goggles wore off ).

Having all the evidence as to women lusting after celebrity men that one could possibly need, it would take a LOT more proof than a female's assertion that she was raped for me to take her seriously.

That if it involved a non celebrity man it's more likely to actually be rape is because women rarely lust after Joe the plumber and throw their knickers at him ( as with Tom Jones ).

I agree. Although, spousal rape is very different from when a stranger rapes someone because in the case of the stranger in most cases it's not actually about the sex, unlike spousal rape or child molestation, it's about the power they exert over their victim in that very moment that gets them off. Otherwise they could just <deleted> or go see a prostitute. Spousal rape on the the other hand, while still rape, is about wanting to have sex and not accepting no. 

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Spousal rape on the the other hand, while still rape, is about wanting to have sex and not accepting no. 

Off topic,

50% of western divorces now have accusations of spousal rape/child abuse attached.

Either 50% of married men are absolutely evil, or there's a hell of a lot of female liars out there.

Edited by BritManToo

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Off topic,

50% of western divorces now have accusations of spousal rape/child abuse attached.

Either 50% of married men are absolutely evil, or there's a hell of a lot of female liars out there.

That deserves a citation

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Calling people haters is not belittling? 

You lefties crack me up. 

If the caps fits…

He complains about being belittled whilst attempting to belittle others. Pathetic. 
As is your attempt to label me a ‘leftie’. You sound like another ‘inadequate’ trying to blame others for your failures. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did she sexually abuse you or just hurt your feelings? 
I think I’d have a better chance than you as I was under 16 at the time. But I don’t perceive my experience in a negative way. Just part of my growing up. 
Wasn’t ‘trashed’ either as she furnished my new apartment at 17 and asked if she could visit; I said no as I had a girlfriend. 

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

As for your other points, it is deeply unfair that someone can have their reputation destroyed while the accuser's identity is kept secret. It should be the same rule for accused and accuser. Either both are kept secret, or both are revealed. Brand has had his life turned upside down based on nothing more than an accusation from an ex-girlfriend from years ago. Ridiculous. 

Accusation from an ex-girlfriend? Really? So the receptionist who opened the door to him was his ex-girlfriend?

No one is suggesting that he needed to be an angel, but this denial and belittling of the women involved just makes him look worse. Better to say yes, that was a bit out of order, but I didn’t rape anyone. 

I should add that it’s not him ‘denying and belittling’ but the pathetic men here doing it for him. 

Edited by NextG

14 hours ago, NextG said:

Accusation from an ex-girlfriend? Really? So the receptionist who opened the door to him was his ex-girlfriend?

No one is suggesting that he needed to be an angel, but this denial and belittling of the women involved just makes him look worse. Better to say yes, that was a bit out of order, but I didn’t rape anyone. 

I should add that it’s not him ‘denying and belittling’ but the pathetic men here doing it for him. 

Yes its allegations from ex girlfriends from years ago as far as I know. Did he rape the receptionist? I think he just got his nob out. Stupid, but it happens in pubs and clubs all over the country on a saturday night. He also stripped off at Nelson's column if I recall correctly. He is a complete idiot. 

I dont think anyone is accusing him of raping strangers at knife point in dark alleys though...

So save your pointless virtue signalling until you have established the facts.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, NextG said:

If the caps fits…

He complains about being belittled whilst attempting to belittle others. Pathetic. 
As is your attempt to label me a ‘leftie’. You sound like another ‘inadequate’ trying to blame others for your failures. 

So now you're trying to belittle me, hilarious. 

On 9/29/2023 at 3:40 PM, JonnyF said:

At a minimum, the accused's identity should be protected till they are are actually charged. This conviction by idiots on social media is an abomination IMO.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She "raped" me emotionally, but trying to get the courts to accept that and give her the equivalent penalty would be somewhat difficult.

Forget it. The courts in the West always side with women. Whether that is custody battles, divorce settlements, sexual abuse, common assault or whatever.

#believeallwomen is a good example. The fact it was even "a thing" for a brief period is ridiculous. 

I say this as someone who has never been through a divorce battle, accused of rape etc. It's just an observation from multiple cases of friends, acquaintances etc. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Forget it. The courts in the West always side with women. Whether that is custody battles, divorce settlements, sexual abuse, common assault or whatever.

#believeallwomen is a good example. The fact it was even "a thing" for a brief period is ridiculous. 

I say this as someone who has never been through a divorce battle, accused of rape etc. It's just an observation from multiple cases of friends, acquaintances etc. 

I know that, which is why I'd never seriously imagine that I could make a successful case against a woman in court.

Emotional scarring is apparently only significant if a woman suffers them.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
On 9/29/2023 at 4:05 PM, BritManToo said:

I'm going with a lot of female liars out there.

And divorce attorneys who have figured out the winning formula.

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yes its allegations from ex girlfriends from years ago as far as I know. Did he rape the receptionist? I think he just got his nob out. Stupid, but it happens in pubs and clubs all over the country on a saturday night. He also stripped off at Nelson's column if I recall correctly. He is a complete idiot. 

I dont think anyone is accusing him of raping strangers at knife point in dark alleys though...

So save your pointless virtue signalling until you have established the facts.

An utterly banal and ignorant post…

• Like 2
  • Confused 1