Lotus’s go pet-friendly shopping paw-tnership in 100 stores in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, impulse said:

On the spectrum of disgusting things I've seen in Asian markets, stores, and restaurants, dogs don't even make it into the top half.

If K-Village is any indicator, they may increase foot traffic, even quite a bit. 

Of course, anyone who doesn't like dogs may want to do a hard pass.

freedom of choice.....is my opinion Lotus is playing with fire and is a matter of time......

• Like 2

"Pets must be safely contained within a bag or a trolley.
Pet parents are responsible for providing an appropriate bag or cart for their furry companions."

Seeing some of the actions of some of Thailand's pet Pit Bulls, I think a tank might be more appropriate!

Just now, proton said:

How do you stop a dog peeing up any post or wall they feel like? Support animals are a scam, total fraud. The only support animal which should be allowed in a store is a guide dog for the blind, but do not recall ever seeing one in Thailand. Dogs in shops is unhygienic, even the cleanest dribble all over the place and are a health and safety risk, leave the things at home.

The dogs do not go into the Tesco food store..............????

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, proton said:

How do you stop a dog peeing up any post or wall they feel like? Support animals are a scam, total fraud. The only support animal which should be allowed in a store is a guide dog for the blind, but do not recall ever seeing one in Thailand. Dogs in shops is unhygienic, even the cleanest dribble all over the place and are a health and safety risk, leave the things at home.

That's one opinion. 

I used to go to K-Village specifically because they allow dogs.  Not that I had one.  But I missed my dogs that I had to leave behind when I came to Thailand.  It was nice to interact with well behaved dogs, meet their owners and talk schnauzers.

My bet (and apparently Lotus's too) is that for every baht that avoids the place, more baht will be spent because they allow dogs.

We'll see. They're only testing it on a small percentage of their total stores.   But it seemed to work well for K-Village.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, proton said:

Hear, Hear, :thumbsup:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

So if dogs do not go into the Tesco/Lotus's food store, what happens to the dogs when the dog owner wants to go into the food store.

Can wait, and have a Tab outside,  like most normal  dogs do.

dog tab.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

Most every store in the US allows customers to bring their pet dogs in the store with them.  Been doing this for about 3 or 4 years now.  Nothing to see here, move along.  

So who is at fault when an innocent customer is bitten by a dog - the owner or the store ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J Branche said:

Oh God,  Do I have to see another idiot pushing their dog around in a baby stroller why I do my shopping.  I think I will import a Great Dane and side car to drive him around in just to see their expression when he leaves a monster size deposit in the middle of the store.

You always can take a plastic bag with you and pick it up :tongue:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, John Drake said:

My Lotus has the chicken and other meat uncovered, laying out where you pick it up with tongs to put in a plastic bag. I'm not going to buy something that may have been licked, bit, chewed, or slobbered on by some stinky hound.

If this happens as you suggest!

I’ll be breaking the Thainess rule,

of saving face, by expressing my displeasure to Management!

My wife wont be happy !

This idea is ludicrous!