Mysterious Man in Suit Causes Stir in Pattaya

webfact

7 hours ago, 2baht said:

Oh come on, it's ELVIS!

I think this might be related to the guy who was told that he was too fat by the taxi driver.  Perhaps that is why he is standing in the middle of a road.

Bob Smith? Why is this news? There are eccentric people all over the world. So what? They add a bit of color to the place, and I am thankful for them. Personally, I think vanilla is a bit boring. Saw this recently in LA. A bit more eccentric.

20220730_151947.jpg

Edited by spidermike007

ZZ Top, Sharp Dressed Man

35597670_zztop.jpg.741cb4212692195b50c85b15bdd738a2.jpg

Clean shirt, new shoes
And I don't know where I am goin' to
Silk suit, black tie (black tie)
I don't need a reason why

They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man

Gold watch, diamond ring
I ain't missin' not a single thing
Cufflinks, stick pin
When I step out I'm gonna do you in

Top coat, top hat
And I don't worry 'cause my wallet's fat
Black shades, white gloves
Lookin' sharp, lookin' for love

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:
9 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

He is about as elegant as a jerry built block of council flats.

The 'Jerrys' actually build very good homes, my dad brought one just after the war, it is still standing strong with the original tiles.

In America Jerry means "German" and I don't think Germans built apartments in England, 555.

They did however knock quite a few down before America had to pull your bacon out of the fire. ????

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

In America Jerry means "German" and I don't think Germans built apartments in England, 555.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/grammar/jerry-built-vs-jury-rigged-vs-jerry-rigged-usage-history

But in the mid-19th century another word came along: jerry-built means "built cheaply and unsubstantially" as well as "carelessly or hastily put together." The origin of this word is unknown, though there is plenty of speculation that it's from some poor slob named Jerry, which is a nickname for Jeremy or Jeremiah. While one named Jerry may reasonably disdain the word, jerry-built is not considered to be a slur. Jerry was used in British English around the time of the First World War as a disparaging word for a German person, but jerry-built predates that use:

The warehouses themselves which have been destroyed were of the class called “Jerry built,” which is equivalent to the term applied in Manchester to the property of building clubs.
 The Guardian (London), 28 Sept. 1842

Before things were jerry-built, it seems that some things were built in the "jerry" style:

Another witness in the same case, Mr. Heighton, a house owner, who was called on the opposite side, was asked what was the meaning of the Jerry style of architecture. “Any thing that is badly built,” was the reply. “Have you any houses in Toxteth-park?” was the next question. “Yes,” said the witness. “Are any of them built in the Jerry style of architecture?” “No.” “What do you call your style?” “A sufficient and substantial style.” “And all your houses are of that order?” “I should say so.” “And what do you call the Jerry style?” “If the work is not well done, and the houses not well finished, we call that the Jerry style.”
 The Liverpool (England) Mercury, 12 Apr. 1839

45 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

They did however knock quite a few down before America had to pull your bacon out of the fire. ????

You are totally wrong, Germans living in England and  prisoners of war in England were building houses and flats and working on farms well after the war was finished maybe as late as 48/49 many stayed on in the UK  they preferred that than being captured by the Russians.                                 . My father Brought his brand new house after demob. and they were still building further up the street. Unlike many others he didn't piss his gratuity away and got a mortgage for 1,100 GBP fixed at 1% even after 40 yrs he wouldn't pay it off as he got more interest in the bank

They also did farm work in the States.

So-called Activist ‘K 100 Million’ Creates Chaos on Pattaya’s Sukhumvit Road

dFQROr7oWzulq5Fa5LBRrODuQ72CqWOdtRvuz536eudI6v6fm4bKrev4y6bTqDrurLd-696x392.jpg

A so-called Thai activist, Kanespissanuthep Jakkrapobmahadeja, commonly known as “K 100 million”, was spotted causing a scene in the middle of Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya on Sunday morning, October 1st.

Kanespissanuthep, who has stated himself he has mental illnesses, was seen standing in the center of Sukhumvit Road, shouting and acting erratically yesterday amidst busy traffic.

He was dressed in a brown suit, a yellow shirt, a black hat, and black glasses. Kanespissanuthep was reportedly live-streaming his eccentric behavior while cars passed by him on Sukhumvit Road in South Pattaya, Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: The Pattaya News 2023-10-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Not until the japs came to you becoz you wouldn't listen to us, we will never forget how long you septics let the rest of the world suffered.

5 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I am so f'king angry with you right now you a'hole while you lot were living the good life in Hawaii my Mother was working in an Ammunitions factory in the day, and hiding down a shelter at night in London her mums house got destroyed. This has to be the worst reply I have ever received from any poster and that is saying something.  GFYfIMG_20231002_214440.thumb.jpg.0201d92dbc6f7a4bc56573a0390eea97.jpg

the only surviving picture of my beautiful  MUM 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Let go of what? I know where I am. I just see so much that goes to news here that would never make news back home.I It's like they can't find anything else to show on TV but snakes in homes, people robbing gold stores, daily accidents, and things like this that happen daily in most major cities. In other words, not noteworthy.

Plenty of trivial rubbish ends up on the news back in the West.. especially if it has a woke slant. 

11 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I am so f'king angry with you right now you a'hole while you lot were living the good life in Hawaii my Mother was working in an Ammunitions factory in the day, and hiding down a shelter at night in London her mums house got destroyed. This has to be the worst reply I have ever received from any poster and that is saying something.  GFYfIMG_20231002_214440.thumb.jpg.0201d92dbc6f7a4bc56573a0390eea97.jpg

the only surviving picture of my beautiful  MUM 

A beautiful lady for sure.

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 4:51 AM, webfact said:

The unknown individual, sporting a brown suit, yellow shirt, black hat, and sunglasses, was waving his mobile phone amidst the traffic, causing vehicles to brake abruptly and stirring alarm among the locals

He's come to Pattaya to blend in with the freak show of the weirdos, the many foreigners that are here in Pattaya 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST