ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

If the scumbag terrorists Hamas have any loyalty to their families, children and ordinary Palestinians who are suffering in Gaza they would take this offered solution as a first step in de-escalation and release hostages to stop the siege.

No electricity, water, or fuel for Gaza until hostages freed - Israel
Israel's Energy Minister Israel Katz says the siege of Gaza will not end until Israeli hostages are released.

In a social media post, Israel Katz said no "electrical switch will be turned on, no water hydrant will be opened and no fuel truck will enter" until the "abductees" are free.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Hamas has stated they want Israel and Jews eradicated if they tried the ceasefire route a few months down the line Rockets will again be fired into Israel from Gaza.

I was too hasty to hope that the Oslo Accords may possibly be the answer. With this savage attack by Hamas, I think the 2 states solution is out of the question. Hamas covenant to kill all Israelites leave very little room for 2 states to co-exist. It is a sobering political quagmire with innocent lives lost and will be lost on both sides. Just pray and hope that the conflict do not spread to a wider war and a resurgence of terrorist activities around the world. 

• Like 1

Journalist Who First Reported Israeli Child Beheadings Says She Saw Atrocities ‘With My Own Eyes’ (Video)

https://www.thewrap.com/journalist-reporter-israeli-child-beheadings-decapitated-babies-witness-video/

Babies and toddlers were found with “heads decapitated” in Kfar Aza, Netanyahu spokesperson says

https://edition.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-10-11-23/h_a63b0fd57f2df717147ea8e26a2f758c

• Thanks 1

The shaping of alliances becomes clearer and clearer.  Dictators Putin and Xi (and it looks increasingly like Erdogan, too) on the side of the mullahs in Iran who organized and train Hamas and Hezbollah. On the other side the US, India, and Europe (although timidly at times) back Israel. Even with the sometimes irksome Modi, I know which side I feel is more decent.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

The shaping of alliances becomes clearer and clearer.  Dictators Putin and Xi (and it looks increasingly like Erdogan, too) on the side of the mullahs in Iran who organized and train Hamas and Hezbollah. On the other side the US, India, and Europe (although timidly at times) back Israel. Even with the sometimes irksome Modi, I know which side I feel is more decent.

Let me guess - your side.

13 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I was too hasty to hope that the Oslo Accords may possibly be the answer. With this savage attack by Hamas, I think the 2 states solution is out of the question. Hamas covenant to kill all Israelites leave very little room for 2 states to co-exist. It is a sobering political quagmire with innocent lives lost and will be lost on both sides. Just pray and hope that the conflict do not spread to a wider war and a resurgence of terrorist activities around the world. 

What on earth makes you think either sides extremists will accept a two state solution.

Does Israel have an official two state border position that they would accept in return for peace?

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I find it quite chilling that you can make such an issue as to the exact methodology that was used to slaughter 40 completely innocent babies.

It is the most remarkable attempt that I have seen to deflect any blame or even empathy from the atrocity.

With every comment that you make, it becomes clearer and clearer that you are an apologist for Hamas …… and you walk among us

None of you guys could pass a simple comprehension test.

The issue is not about the method of murder, the number of murdered or the age of the murdered - the issue is about factual reporting and the willingness of ignorant prejudicial partisan hacks to ignore facts and truth simply to score points.

From vaccines, to elections, to war - the fact that a significant number of the population now believe in such things as "alternative facts" and that "doing your own research" somehow trumps qualified field experts is an existential danger to democracy, society and potentially even the survival of the species.

Continuing to incorrectly label me as antisemitic or as a Hamas apologist only reveals your own intellectual limitations to all but your fellow Kool Aid drinkers. 

On 10/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, Brickleberry said:

Is it really a war when only one side has cruise missiles, Navy Jet fighter planes and a professionally trained army with high tech weapons? Nope. This is called genocide.

Why strike your head on a rock and complain it hurts? 

5 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Obviously because the pain of your head striking the rock is less than the pain of what has driven you to strike your head on a rock.

Can it not be because the person doing this is daft? Or a zealot? Or hyper invested in some ideology? Or is plain mental?

• Thanks 1

A post with unattributed content in violation of the The War in Israel header has been removed:

• Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

Some other posts contravening our Community Standards have been removed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The issue on the table is the mass killing by Hamas terrorists.

What would you suggest Israel do in response?

The issue is peace in the Middle East.

Hamas's recent terrorist attack is but a single scene from a single act in this horror show.

Let's not forget, Hamas has not existed in a vacuum.

What should Israel do - I really have no idea.

They'll blow some stuff up and kill a bunch of people.

What will that achieve though?

If anything, it will probably only increase the likelihood of a repeat terrorist attack.

It would be great to think that the people of Israel would use this tragedy as the impetus to elect a government that is genuine about a two state solution.

I don't think Israel will be able to continue keeping 5 million Palestinians in a cage.

Every day that passes, Israel's claim to the moral high ground becomes more and more laughable which is quite the accomplishment when one considers the horrific nature of Hamas's actions.

Whether Palestinians will ever accept a two state solution or not is not reason enough for Israel not to clearly outline a two state border that is acceptable to them and reasonable to the Palestinians.

Israel should invite the UN to assume a role in Gaza.

Israel should certainly resolve their internal issues, particularly in relation to the right wing governments efforts to destroy the judiciary.

????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Well it might not be for you, but it certainly will be for the parents, friends and relatives of the 260 young kids massacred at the music festival, and the parents and relatives of the 40 little babies slaughtered at Kfar Aza

…. still, you carry on nit-picking about the accuracy of any reporting, because you know what, it is the type of narrative that really suits you; because it perfectly summarises your attitude towards the atrocities perpetrated by Hamas.

More straw man nonsense.

You've conflated multiple issues into a confused mess of gibberish that makes no sense.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Just saw on the Bangkok Post that Twitter/X has removed "hundreds" of Hamas affiliated accounts and "tens of thousands" of items of content since the terror raid. Apparently, this online Hamas assault was coordinated with the real-time terror attack.

Good move.

Removing disinformation before bozos here start repeating it as fact.

17 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The issue is peace in the Middle East.

Hamas's recent terrorist attack is but a single scene from a single act in this horror show.

Let's not forget, Hamas has not existed in a vacuum.

What should Israel do - I really have no idea.

They'll blow some stuff up and kill a bunch of people.

What will that achieve though?

If anything, it will probably only increase the likelihood of a repeat terrorist attack.

It would be great to think that the people of Israel would use this tragedy as the impetus to elect a government that is genuine about a two state solution.

I don't think Israel will be able to continue keeping 5 million Palestinians in a cage.

Every day that passes, Israel's claim to the moral high ground becomes more and more laughable which is quite the accomplishment when one considers the horrific nature of Hamas's actions.

Whether Palestinians will ever accept a two state solution or not is not reason enough for Israel not to clearly outline a two state border that is acceptable to them and reasonable to the Palestinians.

Israel should invite the UN to assume a role in Gaza.

Israel should certainly resolve their internal issues, particularly in relation to the right wing governments efforts to destroy the judiciary.

????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

You're tripping.

A two stqte solution is even more remote now.

Netanyahu is toast, but there is zero chance that Israel will elect a dovish government probably for generations.

• Like 2