autographed things -do you have any?

Prubangboy

5 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I had some punk rock stuff like a signed Jamie Reid

Signed photo of me with Jim Reid. TJAMC

Got a pint mug  thrown at me in an Edinburgh pub by Wattie Buchan.

Used to have a betting slip signed by Hurricane Higgins when seeing him in an Edinburgh bookies. 

Jimmy White cue, knew his manager when he was here in Thailand. 

Two photographs dedicated to ' my best friend ......' by Burt Reynolds ( I was 10 years old at the time ) Another plain Raquel Welsh  autograph , plus a Jim Brown from same movie. 

Finally , an autograph by an extra from first Harry Potter movie. Hoped this would mature but he quit acting and got a real job.

Had a few albums, Generation X, Blonde Parallel Lines, Free Story signed by Andy Frazer ( knocked on his door when he lived in Ealing), plus God Save the Queen signed by a Mr. J Lyndon. Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, David Bowie and the original Simple Minds all on UK £1:00 notes. All gone in house moves.

My dad when he was teenager use to door step the theatres and sport grounds in and around London in the '30s, in fact sold his old books at auction in June. Arsenal, Surrey CC, Noel Coward, John Gielgud, Vivien Leigh to name but a few.

One item I've still got is the 1956 Australian Cricket team, incl. Richie Benaud on a miniature Gunn & Moore bat. Australia played Singapore in an exhibition match whilst they were on their way to India to play a Test Series (AUS won 2-0, 1 matched drawn).

• Like 1

Had a album cover signed by Lindisfarne but sold it before I came to Thailand. Still have my autograph book with such famous as Sophia Loren, Paul Newman, Peter Ustinov and David Niven. The latter a signed photograph to my late father entitled "I will sue you for making me fat" he was a professional chef.

On 11/13/2023 at 3:05 PM, Bobthegimp said:

I get as close as I can to them and release as much intestinal gas as possible (without soiling myself).  There's nothing like dropping your guts beside an A list beauty and watching her wretch. 

Sick fock

Pete Rose (baseball) My father helped formulate a nutrition 'candy' bar for him way back when. It's a framed picture of him, the nutrition bar and a thank you note w/signature.

Any PR fans out there or those into crazy haircuts...PM me

On 11/13/2023 at 10:06 AM, BenCrew said:

Spike Milligan book , Steve Coogan vid, Eric Cantona United shirt.

Well as you mentioned Spike, I've got an autographed ticket from when I went to a recording of The Milligan Papers.

Oh, plus an autographed copy of a George Melly vinyl LP, and  one of an Albert Lee CD.

• Like 1

I had a concert sweatshirt that was signed by both Aed Carabao and Steven Seagal, when Seagal played a concert with Carabao at Tawandang on Rama 3. It probably would have made a slightly unusual collector's item but the ex-wife threw it away at some point. 

On 11/13/2023 at 1:35 PM, Bobthegimp said:

I get as close as I can to them and release as much intestinal gas as possible (without soiling myself).  There's nothing like dropping your guts beside an A list beauty and watching her wretch. 

I like the way you think 

• Haha 1

I have an AFL, West Coast Eagles playing jumper signed by the entire premiership team of 2006 which includes some legends of the game. I think I still have it, the wife packed it away somewhere years ago and I haven't seen it since.

I had a large picture of infamous criminal Chopper Reid brandishing his pistols which he signed on the frame. Gave it to a friend back home when I emigrated. I also had a pic taken with him which is still on my PC. (I think I posted it on this forum many years ago -won't do it again)

In my own footy playing days, a kid ran up to me at the end of a game and shoved an autograph book in my hand. Taken by surprise I took too long to decide how to write one (I nearly used my signature) and the book was snatched back before I could formulate something, as the kid raced off to get another player. Was never asked again!

image.png.c4a079d263914fa2ed1aaf541a31c4f6.pngimage.png.c4a079d263914fa2ed1aaf541a31c4f6.png

Edited by Old Croc

Learned at an early age approaching celebrities to ask for autographs is très gauche

Ex when we saw Kevin Costner at the bar in Aspen and nobody was hounding him freaked out

"Just a guy trying to enjoy his vacation while waiting for a table in the dining room or maybe he has a house here honey"

Did a favour for a mate while working in South Korea, he has a mate, the ex World Boxing champion Dave 'Boy' McAuley.  To say thanks got him to sign my name on a card depicting him fighting wishing me all the best and a signed pair of gloves, have them here in Issan.

Also have a Chelsea football signed by all the first team, along with a large picture of the Chelsea squad all signed again by the players.  This when the silver bearded (conman/crook) were in charge (Before bought by the Russian) came into my possession at a charity raffle type function.  We were all pissed and bidding with no idea what for, I made another bid thinking some fool would top mine, never happened. 

Handed my goods in a Chelsea club shop plastic bag, bag went awol.  Mate who does E-Bay laughs at how much I paid chortling how it will be 3023 before I get my money back.

Given a bottle of 'Lanson' Champagne in 1997 with a BP label celebrating the Foinhaven Field development, stored upright in a display cabinet here in Issan.  No idea if worth anything

Worked on the Stadive in 1995 during the proposed sinking of the Brent Spar.  Shell gave all directly involved a T-Shirt printed on the Front "Only a drop in the Ocean" and 1995 etc, etc on the back.  Never worn and never seen another will never sell.  No idea if worth anything

Piper Bravo, the replacement for "Piper Alpha" when first produced oil some of us were given paperweights with a "Drop" of oil encased giving the date etc.  Still in it's little box, will never get rid off since knew a guy who worked on Piper Alpha.

Ships Bell from the Balder Hammerfest 1991, cough, cough is hanging near my fish pond

Bulk Carrier Star Ming, the stern flag tucked away in the battery locker left the ship when I left in Bangkok in 1983?

Had loads more memorabilia, but, my ex has no idea what happened to an old Pendulum clock from a BR waiting room I repaired, navigation lights and anchor lights plus ship models. 

Women do, do a scorched earth policy on a guys things, told me for 22 years that leaving would make her happy, it did until she found the money supply had left so all my possessions went to that "Don't ask me, it's your stuff" place.

Apologies for derailing the thread. 

• Like 1