Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I didn't know one had to be an expert to post about Israel. 

I am on this thread to learn, and have learned a lot about Israel, especially the discrimination the show to non-jews. 

You also don't have to be an expert to know that hostage taking of civilians is still a war crime even if you treat your captives well and they wave good bye when they are released.

Edited by Hawaiian
Additional comment.
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Why would I pretend anything?

You won't answer my simple questions, like 'why do you call my friend a rabbit'?

What have I lied about?

Not much point in conversing is there?

The only reason you are not on ignore is because of the defamation.  

In the previous topic part 1 of this, you had nearly everyone on ignore. We still however carried on calling you out, exposing the misinformation and lies your were posting. Now you decide to take some off ignore and ask them to point to those posts that you deliberately ignored previously. It doesn't work like that @Neeranam if you want to read then you go back and identify them, they are still there for all to see. How many rabbits do you have now anyway?

• Thumbs Up 2

Not often I promote what Musk says but he's bang on here after his visit to Israel and the killing fields.

1. You have to kill all those who murder civilians, since you can't change their mind

2. You have to change their education, so that next generation won't become murderers

3. You have to bring prosperity to them

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Disturbing photo capturing the heart-wrenching reality: Innocent babies held hostage by Hamas monsters for over 50 days. 

Even upon release, armed Hamas terrorists surround them. 

The tragedy is that additional babies remain in Hamas captivity.

image.png.707e00bf0db0eb1fd5ae6f8c7d8c33f2.png

https://twitter.com/YakiLopez/status/1729246241102368790

This is from a NY Times interview with Phil Klay:

"There are people who feel like you cannot acknowledge, or shouldn’t acknowledge too much, horrors that are not ideologically convenient. This is why you’ll have the Palestinian National Initiative on CNN, speaking thoughtfully about the suffering of Palestinians but then denying that Hamas targets civilians, which is an insane thing to say. 
There was a debate in Dissent, the left-wing publication, about whether Israeli casualties should be considered “pregrieved” because their deaths will be used as a justification for whatever actions the I.D.F.  takes.

At the same time, if you listen to more neoconservative commentators, they feel aggrieved that the mainstream media is covering the widespread deaths of Palestinian civilians — as if that’s not a valid news story. People urgently want you to feel the moral horror of what is happening, but within a circumscribed circle. I think that is morally blinkered."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/11/26/magazine/phil-klay-interview.html

Of course, it isn't only neoconservative commentators who take a partisan approach to stressing Israel suffering over that of the Palestinians.

• Confused 2

Interesting back story to the release of this hostage. A duel national Russian/Israeli released in a separate agreement with Putin. He had been working as a sound engineer at the Supernova music festival when he was kidnapped by Hamas during the 7 October attack. He managed to escape and was in Gaza hiding for 4 days until the locals caught him and handed him back to Hamas.

Israeli-Russian released by Hamas had escaped for 4 days, was recaptured in Gaza

Elena Magid, the aunt of Israeli-Russian hostage Roni Krivoi, who was released on Sunday, revealed that Krivoi had managed to escape his captors and hide in Gaza for four days before being recaptured.

Magid told Kan public radio that Krivoi had told her he had initially been held in a building that ended up collapsing as a result of IDF airstrikes, enabling him to flee his captors.

“He managed to escape and hid alone for several days. In the end, the Gazans captured him and returned him to the terrorists’ hands,” she said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-russian-released-by-hamas-had-escaped-for-4-days-was-recaptured-in-gaza/

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

You also don't have to be an expert to know that hostage taking of civilians is still a war crime even if you treat your captives well and they wave good bye when they are released.

Do war crimes have to be during a war? 

• Confused 2

Damning evidence of war crimes as Israeli attacks wipe out entire families in Gaza.

For 16 years, Israel’s illegal blockade has made Gaza the world’s biggest open-air prison – the international community must act now to prevent it becoming a giant graveyard.

Agnès Callamard, Amnesty International’s Secretary General

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-as-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-in-gaza/

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Morch said:

I'm not your shrink or your Rabbit, so I wouldn't know much about the inner workings of your psych. Nor am I very interested.

I comment on what you post.

The Rabbit thing was addressed multiple times by now, give it a rest. Or a carrot. Whatever.

Defamation. Serious business this.

Could you possibly post something on topic? (and no, you are not the topic).

I don't have a rabbit. Why do you keep replying to my posts about a rabbit? I'll continue to ask as long you mention it. 

I'm sick of your childish taunts, flames and baiting. Grow up. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Urgent action is needed to stop the forced displacement and transfer of Palestinians within Gaza and prevent mass deportation to Egypt

https://www.alhaq.org/advocacy/22257.html

Interesting but the Islamophobia here refuse to acknowledge there is ethnic cleansing. 

Omer Bartov, one of the top scholars on holocaust and genocide studies warned that forced displacement and ethnic cleansing usually precede genocide

Edited by Neeranam
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Urgent action is needed to stop the forced displacement and transfer of Palestinians within Gaza and prevent mass deportation to Egypt

https://www.alhaq.org/advocacy/22257.html

That should be encouraged .

Move all the Palestinians over the border into Egypt , and Palestinians can live there , the two places are adjacent to each other , they can live freely there and that would solve all the problems 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Damning evidence of war crimes as Israeli attacks wipe out entire families in Gaza.

For 16 years, Israel’s illegal blockade has made Gaza the world’s biggest open-air prison – the international community must act now to prevent it becoming a giant graveyard.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-as-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-in-gaza/

From that link - 

"We are calling on Israeli forces to immediately end unlawful attacks in Gaza and ensure that they take all feasible precautions to minimize harm to civilians and damage to civilian objects. Israel’s allies must immediately impose a comprehensive arms embargo given that serious violations under international law are being committed.”

I am puzzled why non-Israelis refuse to acknowledge that Israel are doing no wrong. The atrocities and war cries far far outweigh what Hamas did on Oct 7.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

From that link - 

"We are calling on Israeli forces to immediately end unlawful attacks in Gaza and ensure that they take all feasible precautions to minimize harm to civilians and damage to civilian objects. Israel’s allies must immediately impose a comprehensive arms embargo given that serious violations under international law are being committed.”

I am puzzled why non-Israelis refuse to acknowledge that Israel are doing no wrong. The atrocities and war cries far far outweigh what Hamas did on Oct 7.  

You are lying again.

Israel hasn't committed any war crimes .

If you disagree with me, please state the war crimes that Israel has committed .

(BTW , a link saying that there should be investigations for war crimes, isn't proof that war crimes have been committed)

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shocking. 

Israeli authorities have dramatically increased their use of administrative detention, a form of arbitrary detention, of Palestinians across the occupied West Bank; extended emergency measures that facilitate inhuman and degrading treatment of prisoners; and failed to investigate incidents of torture and death in custody over the past four weeks, Amnesty International said today.  

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/11/israel-opt-horrifying-cases-of-torture-and-degrading-treatment-of-palestinian-detainees-amid-spike-in-arbitrary-arrests/#:~:text=Israeli authorities have dramatically increased,of torture and death in

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

As usual, posting links while apparently lacking the capacity to comment on the content. So long as the headline says something that 'supports' your point of view (such as it is), that's fine, eh?

The evidence presented is not 'damning', and wouldn't suffice for a court case, even one biased as the ICC. If you have trouble accepting this, consult previous instances where the same charade was carried on - high claims regarding war crimes, little by way of required support on the level expected.

Israel's blockade of the Gaza Strip was not always in place. It is there because of Hamas actions and agenda. Israel is not obligated to afford Hamas the opportunity to arm itself without limitation. As slogans go 'open-air prison' and 'giant graveyard' aren't bad - just the right amount of emo, and to little information for people such as yourself to repeat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Happy to see the kids set free but.... 

Palestinian children just released from prison claim beatings, abuse, torture and starvation.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20231127-palestinian-children-just-released-from-prison-claim-beatings-abuse-torture-and-starvation/

image.png.83d45bf8409ef396d1913470880deede.png

The latest batch of Palestinian children released by Israel as part of the truce deal with Hamas have spoken of their experiences in prison. 

He's a big boy isn't he 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I don't have a rabbit. Why do you keep replying to my posts about a rabbit? I'll continue to ask as long you mention it. 

I'm sick of your childish taunts, flames and baiting. Grow up. 

It seems exactly one of them stressful times when a cute furry being that one can hug is the thing to have.

All the more so if it can provide moral and religious guidance.

Edited by Morch
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Interesting but the Islamophobia here refuse to acknowledge there is ethnic cleansing. 

Omer Bartov, one of the top scholars on holocaust and genocide studies warned that forced displacement and ethnic cleansing usually precede genocide

What 'Islamophobia'? Most people comment on the Palestinians, not Muslims in general. As for Hamas - it is an Islamic (or Islamist, whatever) movement and organization, in case you weren't aware.

People refuse to 'acknowledge' there is an 'ethnic cleansing', because there is no such. The situation is not vastly different than how things went in many other battle zones.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That should be encouraged .

Move all the Palestinians over the border into Egypt , and Palestinians can live there , the two places are adjacent to each other , they can live freely there and that would solve all the problems 

Egypt is not interested, the Palestinians are not interested - and Israel is not about to do this even if it could. And no, it would not 'solve' anything. Why post nonsense?

Edited by Morch