Israel losing global support over Gaza bombing, Biden says

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Jumping the gun again. The UN have asked Israel to investigate the incident

“While in control of the building and the civilians sheltering there, the IDF allegedly separated the men from the women and children, and then shot and killed at least 11 of the men, mostly aged in their late 20s and early 30s, in front of their family members,” said the UN body.

The women and children were then confined to a room where they were subjected to violence, with some sustaining serious injuries, the OHCHR said.

“The IDF then allegedly ordered the women and children into a room, and either shot at them or threw a grenade into the room, reportedly seriously injuring some of them, including an infant and a child,” it said.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/israeli-forces-executed-palestinian-men-families-gaza-war-crimes-probe-un-human-rights-office-2479113-2023-12-22

• Confused 3

Just now, ozimoron said:

“While in control of the building and the civilians sheltering there, the IDF allegedly separated the men from the women and children, and then shot and killed at least 11 of the men, mostly aged in their late 20s and early 30s, in front of their family members,” said the UN body.

The women and children were then confined to a room where they were subjected to violence, with some sustaining serious injuries, the OHCHR said.

“The IDF then allegedly ordered the women and children into a room, and either shot at them or threw a grenade into the room, reportedly seriously injuring some of them, including an infant and a child,” it said.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/israeli-forces-executed-palestinian-men-families-gaza-war-crimes-probe-un-human-rights-office-2479113-2023-12-22

I know the allegations and I also know who they are from. I even gave you a link to who is making them

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You don't condemn the execution of 11 unarmed Palestinians?

I absolutely condemn the execution 11 unarmed Palestinians, unless of course they had first been convicted of crimes punishable by death.

What were they convicted of?

Who executed them?

Who wrote that headline anyway? Are executioners known to arm people before executing them? Is it supposed to be more sporting or what? If they are in fact being excecated, are they not by definition unarmed? I'm betting it's the same no-nothings that write genocide in the headline when a small percentage of the civilian population is killed when military targets are destroyed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I absolutely condemn the execution 11 unarmed Palestinians, unless of course they had first been convicted of crimes punishable by death.

What were they convicted of?

Who executed them?

Who wrote that headline anyway? Are executioners known to arm people before executing them? Is it supposed to be more sporting or what? If they are in fact being excecated, are they not by definition unarmed? I'm betting it's the same no-nothings that write genocide in the headline when a small percentage of the civilian population is killed when military targets are destroyed.

1% of the Gazan population has been killed. Is that small?  Do you have a link to any court case which convicted them?

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't aware that Jordan and Egypt were still "enemies", or does that not fit the narrative that israel is "surrounded" by enemies?

The so called peace with Jordan and Egypt is just that a piece of paper and more of the cessation of hostilities agreement,

you have Lebanon who allowed Iran to set up a large terrorist base on the borders with Israel, you have Syria who has

the same as well as Russian and Iranian 'advisers' you have the hornet nests of Gaza and the west bank where 80% of

the Palestinians there has support and approval of Hamas deeds, and that the so called Palestinian authorities who are zero

in trying to control the populations there...

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Oh, so just be more careful, hilarious. Another DEI general

These were the comments from  Lloyd Austin

Lloyd James Austin III (born August 8, 1953) is a retired United States Army four-star general who is serving as the 28th United States secretary of defense since January 22, 2021. Before retiring from the military in 2016, Austin served as the 12th commander of United States Central Command (CENTCOM), beginning in March 2013.[1] Prior to that he served as the 33rd vice chief of staff of the Army from January 2012 to March 2013, and as commander of United States Forces – Iraq from September 2010 to December 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Austin

DEI? Really? Apparently, with you, anti-semitism bad, racism against black people not so much. 

(For those of you who might not know what the acronym stands for: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion.) 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

These were the comments from  Lloyd Austin

Lloyd James Austin III (born August 8, 1953) is a retired United States Army four-star general who is serving as the 28th United States secretary of defense since January 22, 2021. Before retiring from the military in 2016, Austin served as the 12th commander of United States Central Command (CENTCOM), beginning in March 2013.[1] Prior to that he served as the 33rd vice chief of staff of the Army from January 2012 to March 2013, and as commander of United States Forces – Iraq from September 2010 to December 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Austin

DEI? Really? Apparently, with you, anti-semitism bad, racism against black people not so much. 

(For those of you who might not know what the acronym stands for: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion.) 

Yeah, him. Did you even read it? His comments to Israel were pretty much continue as you are, but be more careful, yes? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Isn't he the one claiming white supremacists are the biggest threat to US national security? 

Apparently, with you, anti-semitism good. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, him. Did you even read it? His comments to Israel were pretty much continue as you are, but be more careful, yes? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Isn't he the one claiming white supremacists are the biggest threat to US national security? 

Apparently, with you, anti-semitism good. 

Publicly those were his comments.

No, he's not "the one" claiming what supremacists are the biggest threat to US national security. But you are the one who raised the issue of Austin's race..

As for the "anti-semitism good" charge, as per usual, your gratuitous nastiness makes no sense.

• Like 1

To be honest with you, really, really honest? no one in Oz like those reg heads, Arabs, sub continent and the multitude of jetsam and flotsam that populated Australia in the last ten years, Aussies love their country just as it was, but with a Labour's

Albanese government being a staunch righty not much else can done, now go ahead and call me what you like but i know

how many in Australia now feels...

• Confused 1

Publicly those were his comments.

That's what you linked to when asked what Israel should be doing differently. 

You really have no idea what Israel should do differently, and then post a link to some that virtue signaling pablum about how they should just be a little more careful.

As always, you have nothing. 

No, he's not "the one" claiming what supremacists are the biggest threat to US national security. But you are the one who raised the issue of Austin's race..

Do you remember who it was? In any event, I do not remember them being taken to task for it, and thing it was loudly applauded. 

Believing people like General Austin, Kamala Harris, Clauding Gay or even President Obama would have gotten where they did without being black or at least semi-black is not racist. 

As for the "anti-semitism good" charge, as per usual, your gratuitous nastiness makes no sense.

Thank you. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, ezzra said:

To be honest with you, really, really honest? no one in Oz like those reg heads, Arabs, sub continent and the multitude of jetsam and flotsam that populated Australia in the last ten years, Aussies love their country just as it was, but with a Labour's

Albanese government being a staunch righty not much else can done, now go ahead and call me what you like but i know

I'm an oz and I like both equally. You're spreading BS. There's a lot of sympathy for Palestinians and for Israelis in Australia. That's the problem with the far right. They think everyone shares the same ideology.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Not true. The rich, virtue-signaling leftist elites that never have to suffer the consequences of their ideology love them, and that's all that matters. 

And they'll make sure everyone knows that they are oppressed, and that only their racist colonialist oppressors don't love them, and that all cultures are equivalent and good except western culture which is racist, colonialist, greedy capitalist, white supremacist sh*t that must be torn down. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm an oz and I like both equally. You're spreading BS. There's a lot of sympathy for Palestinians and for Israelis in Australia. That's the problem with the far right. They think everyone shares the same ideology.

Are you in Australia? I thought you were in Thailand. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

If you actually read and or watched it, why not comment on what he said rather than just posting a link? 

Incidentally, Hamas are Palestinians, and most Palestinians support Hamas and what Hamas did and continues to do. 

There really isn't much to say. I couldn't believe an 'academic' would come out with this. Left it for others to make up their own minds. I agree with what you say, Palestinians haven't got much choice in who fights for them. Hezbollah are Lebanon based and Houthi are in the Yemen.