What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

On 6/3/2024 at 2:30 PM, John Drake said:

Watched House of Ninjas, which was very, very good. Now watching Dark Matter. It's basically Sliders with a Quantum Box. The first two eps are pretty glacial. But from ep 3 onwards it's quite entertaining. Last episode (I think) is available this week.  

There's 8 episodes in the first season. I'm waiting for all if them before I start. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

new star wars release tomorrow

A former Padawan reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes but discovers the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated

1374032-the-acolyte-Od48o.jpg

Bit of a stinker according to critics. Written by Harvey Weinstein's former secretary.

Remember, it's not about good and evil, it's about POWER

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Until I kill You

Delia Balmer, an agency nurse, met Sweeney, who confessed to killing his ex-girlfriend. He attacked her before evading capture.
Balmer rebuilt her life to confront Sweeney seven years later after he was arrested for another murder.

https://x.com/hollywoodsuite/status/1767962675575718129

The nurse portayed in this comes across as quite strange herself.

53 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The nurse portayed in this comes across as quite strange herself.

Two episodes in and yes, she's a bit of an oddball.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

Bit of a stinker according to critics. Written by Harvey Weinstein's former secretary.

Remember, it's not about good and evil, it's about POWER

Ill have to see it for myself. Not all critics are right. 

On 6/4/2024 at 6:26 PM, gargamon said:

There's 8 episodes in the first season. I'm waiting for all if them before I start. 

Oops. Dark Matter had 9 episodes. More to enjoy.

an ok show... season 3

On an epic adventure across a postapocalyptic world, a lovable boy who's part human and part deer searches for family and home with a gruff protector.

1327892-sweet-tooth-vSd33.jpg

On 6/4/2024 at 5:26 PM, gargamon said:

Last episode #6 was a bit of a yawner. Hope it comes around again. It was getting much, much better. Dark Matter did get me to go back and watch Sliders again, which is a much more clever series. And John Rhys-Davies is superb in every part he has ever played. Like the 90s cinematography, too. High contrast highlights the action so much better than the low contrast monochromatic gloom in most contemporary TV.

Posted (edited)

Trawling through some movies on BBC iPlayer, I came across one that I couldn't remember much about, called, "Hope and Glory" and it was about a young boy's experience during the bombing of London in the Second World War, and although I was born in 1947, after the war had ended, the war had a huge impact upon me and my life...... 

At the age of about five I do remember going to the local shop with the coupons to get our rations for the week, which were very meagre indeed, but we survived with the help of dad's allotment. 

Now onto why the war had a huge impact on my life.....

It wasn't till I was much older that I found I had a half-sister who was the product of her young mother's liaison with a Canadian soldier, and he left to go back to Canada and she never found him. A little later her young mother, my birthmother, had another liaison with a local married businessman and I was the product of that liaison, and of course no one would speak about it because he was a married man of some standing in the town and she was a single woman, so I was an unwanted baby and was adopted out to a local family who, in the end didn't really care if I was there or not (long story).

The movie had all of these elements in it – – the effects of the war, a Canadian soldier, a pregnant English girl with no future with him, somewhat wayward young women as regards the soldiers, and it really did bring back memories and was quite poignant in many ways.

C'est la vie!

Sorry for the ramble, but the movie is worthwhile watching, especially in this 80th anniversary of the D-Day landings.

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Finished the 3rd season of “Hacks“ last night. Quite entertaining. Probably a bit too “woke“ for many here, but I don't have issues with lesbians peeing on each other, especially when one of them is .Christina Hendricks. Do you?

Edited by gargamon
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

D-Day: The Unheard Tapes

The invasion of Nazi-occupied France relived through powerful eyewitness recordings. Young actors who resemble the interviewees at the time of the war lip-sync the original testimony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Hit Man

Netflix

Richard Linklater's latest film.

Based on a true story about an undercover "fake" hit man.

More buzz for Glenn Powell.

Great NOLA sights and sounds. Love some of the street signs/intersections.

9/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g4cJ4NE8HA

I've been watching the series "Real life Military Training On A Warship"  a real eye opener, the food, the beer....Real Discipline. 

American Nightmare

This was more like fiction than non-fiction.

After a harrowing home invasion and kidnapping in 2015, a couple is accused of staging the ordeal when the woman reappears in this true-crime docuseries.

• Thanks 1

Watched a movie which I thought was very good, called, "Sleeping Dogs" starring a very bloated Russell Crowe (he has really let himself go) and although IMDB gave it mixed reviews it was easily worth a 7!!

The twists and turns in the movie kept me interested throughout and the ending was totally unexpected. Well worth a watch IMO.

• Like 1

It tells the story of a horrific murder that upends the Chicago Prosecuting Attorneys' office when one of its own is suspected of the crime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1