What's the law regarding me beating the #$&% out of a foreigner if he spat on me?

Make the offender aware of your disgust and perhaps the offender will make the first strike . Then you become more within the law in that you were forced to defend yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm thinking the same. 

After that, your question is so weird. Ask yourself, in what country is legal, according to the law, to retaliate. Where does 2 wrongs make it right according to the law. How old are you, as your question seems to be at pre school level. Happy New Year, and don´t do anything foolish.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

your question is so weird

Are you a newbie on AN Forums? 

If you reckon my question is weird, stick around, you'll see some very weird stuff. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

I have no good answer, but this story:

A couple of years ago I was late at night in Soi Cowboy, and I had a couple of drinks.

A foreigner, who also seemed to be drunk, approached me like "what a wonderful night" or something like that.

And he stole my wallet out of my pocket.

Luckily, I realized that, and my wallet was still in his hand, and I grabbed my wallet and had it back.

Then the guy fell down (on his own).

I thought at that time about what to do. Should I kick him? Should I report him to the police? What are the options?

I didn't do anything at that time.

And in hindsight that was probably a good move. I spoke with a couple of people about this later. A few people pointed out that if I would have beaten or kicked that thief, I could have easily gotten into trouble. Because if he would later go to hospital and the police and complain that that other farang beat him up, then what? I would have to explain that he stole my wallet and that I beat him up for that reason. Would that be a good enough reason for the police? Would they believe me that he stole my wallet? 

All in all, it could go very wrong.

So, I understand your desire to beat up that a#hole, but think twice before you do it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Are you a newbie on AN Forums? 

If you reckon my question is weird, stick around, you'll see some very weird questions.

Many of a "trolling" nature.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:

hardly a proportionate response, and an interesting insight to an individual's mindset.

while working in china i was sitting on a park bench when a local guy walking past spat at me, thankfully he missed, but while revulsed it never entered my head to get into a fight with him or beat him up.

watch the one guy with the haymakers at :55 seconds...

• Haha 1

I think you are just locked up like anyone else. You are subject to the countries laws while here.

People are so wigged out by nationality here they think there is a different set of laws for each person.

Edited by JimTripper

Just now, carlyai said:

Wasn't the RA for life there?

This happened many years back at a celebration run we did at Diana Inn, I don't think we had an RA at that event and the GM at that time was pretty hopeless so he got away with it. I personally saw him doing it but never to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, it is what it is said:

while working in china i was sitting on a park bench when a local guy walking past spat at me, thankfully he missed, but while revulsed it never entered my head to get into a fight with him or beat him up.

Nothing personal against you - it is normal practice in China and in Hong Kong when I lived there. They spit everywhere and anywhere.

Back in the late 90's walking along the shopping streets was the most likely place to get a gobful.

2 hours ago, freeworld said:

I agree spitting on someone is quite offensive but there are alternatives to deal with it.

Not spitting but one time in CW when I was making a 90 day report they have that market in the big open area. I was perusing one of the stalls and suddenly someone was pushing and prodding me with their hands and fingers. I was immediately angry but when looked up saw he was a person with disadvantages. I smiled,  he smiled back and then I walked off without incident.

Sure, but getting randomly poked by someone with special needs is different to someone taking the time to choose a target, prepare phlegm, aim, fire sputum, saunter off jauntily.

Sometimes two tickets to the gun show is needed.

Edited by fondue zoo

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've been viewing videos of police getting spat on, the police then losing it and beating the #$&% of of the person, I reckon I'd do the same.

Recently I read a thread on AN forum regarding a foreigner spitting on a guy in Makro.

Would I get in trouble if I returned the assault by punching him several times?

The world is a very different place these days, I put it down to poor parenting and removing corporal punishment from schools. 

Seems there are more 30ish year olds today that are delinquents, never grown up.

I know for sure, if I never had a smack or a shoe thrown at me from my parents or canned at school I would be in prison today.

I reckon spitting on a person is one of the lowest things a person can do. 

My, dad was a figure to look up to, that's all I needed. I was only a drafted bureaucrat during Yom Kippur, and so on...

Think the OP needs to hang out at different places and with better people.   Can't imaging anywhere in my world, where being spat on, would be a concern.

Holy Buddha ... who are y'all around, and where and what do y'all do while here/TH.

• Like 1

The OP never grew up properly. Adult can continue their temper. It seems he cannot. I'd hate to be a friend of his. Sounds like a drunken Brit....any excuse for a punch up. Jesus told you what to do, but you either never received instruction or you chose the path of violence by yourself. Turn the other cheek.

• Haha 2

It may come down to your word against his when explaining to the police, unless there are witnesses willing to go out of their way to help. In such a place as Macro, security cameras may not have quality enough to see the spit, but they will certainly see you retaliating by throwing the first punch. Either way, if the mood strikes immigration, they just might say two farangs are fighting...send them both packing. Problem solved. 

I enjoy my life here. I'm not willing to risk being deported because someone spit on me.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, retarius said:

Turn the other cheek

So if you got spat on you would turn the other cheek. 

21 minutes ago, retarius said:

The OP never grew up properly

I'd say from your above statement you never grew up properly. 

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

So if you got spat on you would turn the other cheek. 

I'd say from your above statement you never grew up properly. 

Your obviously a tough guy. What reason would someone have to spit on you?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1