Chiang Mai Running Sandals Gain Popularity

snoop1130

Recently on "Shark Tank", an entrepreneur was selling that very issue on his running shoes.  Don't now if they really are great but would in my opinion always beat barefeet running on sidewalks or roads.

While I can admire his work, it's nothing new, I brought some sandals, with recycled old car tyres soles in India some 30 years ago, which at first glance I thought that's what these were.

• Like 1

I think its a great idea and good luck to the guy.

Many years ago, I was tempted to buy a pair of the Vietnamese sandals made from tyres.

Again, I thought the idea was brilliant - great way to utilise old tyres, but didn't buy.

Now, can't wait for the inevitable flood of these 'Chiang Mai running sandals' from China.

Steal the idea, cheap rubber goods, sell them at 30 Baht, to undercut the original guy, Labelled, 'Genuine CM running sandals',

And in small print - 'made in China'.

Andddddd - off we go on the merry-go-round of everything Chinese - more junk to undercut world markets.

Useless after the first week - inferior goods. Speaking from 20 years experience here in Thailand - utterly useless cr*p!

I hope this guy patents his idea quickly - although the Chinese will copy it anyway.

5 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

The price listed in the article seemed very affordable.  I just hope that they are durable.  

The selling points are comfort and durability. Believe it or not the price is in the high end range of this type of sandal. 30 years ago I was wearing them on beach trips. Great for rocks and rock hopping. 

6 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Yeah, but only two🤔 The red one and the yellow one.😋

Yes, and those ones 

• Beemster – a hard cow's milk cheese, traditionally from cows grazed on sea-clay soil in polders.
  • Boerenkaas – "farmhouse cheese", prepared using raw unpasteurised milk.
  • Edam – a red-waxed semi-hard cows' milk cheese named after the town of Edam.
  • Graskaas – "grass cheese", a seasonal cows' milk cheese made from the first milkings after the cows are let into the pastures in spring.
  • Gouda – a semi-hard cows' milk cheese traditionally traded in Gouda, now often used as a worldwide generic term for Dutch-style cheese.
  • Kanterkaas – "edge cheese", a hard cheese produced in Friesland, with variants flavoured with cumin and cloves.
  • Leerdammer – a trademarked Emmental-style semi-firm cows' milk cheese.
  • Leyden – a cows' milk cheese flavoured with cumin and caraway seed.
  • Limburger – a soft cheese with a distinctive smell, traditionally from the area of the former Duchy of Limburg.
  • Maaslander – a trademarked Gouda-style cheese made in Huizen.
  • Maasdam – an Emmental-style semi-firm cows' milk cheese.
  • Nagelkaas – "clove cheese", flavoured cows' milk cheese from Friesland.
  • Parrano – a trademarked Gouda-style semi-firm cheese.
  • Prima Donna – a similar style of cheese trademarked by a different company.
  • Roomano – an aged, hard cheese with a lower butterfat percentage than other Gouda-style cheeses.
  • Rotterdamsche Oude – a trademarked 36 to 100 weeks aged, hard Gouda cheese
  • Vlaskaas – "flax cheese", a firm, yet creamy texture and a sweet, sharp flavor.
  • Haha 1