Las Vegas Beer Garden

Pattaya57

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

i do have some good sin memories from about 30+ years ago before it became sterllized and over the top expensive..

My last trip to Singapore was about then and I thought it was sterile and expensive - however not as bad as the prices you mentioned.

2 hours ago, actonion said:

A Pint in the Cotswolds in UK a tourist destination,  can be had for  3 gbp,  a small Chang in East Pattaya  50 to 60 baht, so there is not cheap 

How long ago did you experience that? 2 years ago in a small town south west of London the minimum in a Wetherspoons was about £3.75 and all the other places were around a fiver......

23 minutes ago, topt said:

My last trip to Singapore was about then and I thought it was sterile and expensive - however not as bad as the prices you mentioned.

How long ago did you experience that? 2 years ago in a small town south west of London the minimum in a Wetherspoons was about £3.75 and all the other places were around a fiver......

5 yrs ago my job kept me in Marriott on Orchard Rd. I had a 50 SD a week free food deal. At the curb side bar the 50 SD would get me 2 bloody marys when I got off work in the morning after a long 12 hr shift. Coronas ran about 15 SD.

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

5 yrs ago my job kept me in Marriott on Orchard Rd. I had a 50 SD a week free food deal. At the curb side bar the 50 SD would get me 2 bloody marys when I got off work in the morning after a long 12 hr shift. Coronas ran about 15 SD.

Yes I can believe that. Just to be clear I was not disputing recent/current Singapore prices. 

9 hours ago, Banana7 said:

80 baht for a Leo or Chang small bottle is pretty pricey. In LK metro, some bars have the small bottles for 50-55 baht. Even Beach Road bars sell for the smalls for 70 Baht.

If you're just looking for the cheapest bar for beer then sure. You could even try Nikom Court 50 metres away where you serve yourself 50 baht beers.

I found Las Vegas complex to have great atmosphere, nice air-con, good live band and lots of friendly attractive waitresses. Price of beer at 70-80 baht was very reasonable for that atmosphere.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, topt said:

20 hours ago, topt said:

3 pound 60 pence for a pint in a pub in Gloucester city which = to about 162baht, September 2023

Edited by actonion

23 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I found Las Vegas complex to have great atmosphere, nice air-con, good live band and lots of friendly attractive waitresses. Price of beer at 70-80 baht was very reasonable for that atmosphere.

And bloody uncomfortable seating...and I,m a small chap....

Plenty of nearby places with live music/aircon and comfortable seats AND cheaper prices....the place is like a works canteen :whistling:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, petermik said:

Plenty of nearby places with live music/aircon and comfortable seats AND cheaper prices....the place is like a works canteen :whistling:

Please tell us the names of the "Plenty of nearby places with live music/aircon and comfortable seats AND cheaper prices..."

I'm happy to go visit and compare your recommendations

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, petermik said:

If you consider 80 baht for a beer too expensive, then I guess canteens is where you usually hang out, so you probably know everything about the environment there

On 6/8/2024 at 7:35 PM, Pattaya57 said:

If you're just looking for the cheapest bar for beer then sure. You could even try Nikom Court 50 metres away where you serve yourself 50 baht beers.

nikom is a good spot but good luck getting a good seat on counter during peak months...also no air, self serve, lots of motorcy and gas fumes no music no gals other than occasional few that pass by....but for sure a good place to drink and watch the scenery assuming you can get a decent seat don't need service or a/c or gals.....small beers 50 large 70...

10 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Please tell us the names of the "Plenty of nearby places with live music/aircon and comfortable seats AND cheaper prices..."

I'm happy to go visit and compare your recommendations

Mayfairs....Matadoor....Rock Factory all 2 minutes away on soi Bukhaow

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CallumWK said:

If you consider 80 baht for a beer too expensive, then I guess canteens is where you usually hang out, so you probably know everything about the environment there

I never stated 80 baht was too expensive....I stated other places and cheaper

And as for the canteen comment it fits Las Vegas perfectly.....:whistling:

p.s. have you ever actually been in the place?

Edited by petermik