Which "conspiracy theories" do you believe are true (or have some basis in truth)?

On 5/25/2024 at 10:57 PM, stoner said:

i like the ones about the gulf of tonkin or weapons of mass destruction. o wait. 

"The US knew Saddam had weapons of mass destruction because they had the receipts"

😁

• Haha 1

I recently ceased being friends with someone I've known for around 25-30 years. 

Late 50's, similar upper middle class upbringing to me, public school education, very intelligent... now retired in Sri Lanka having married a French woman in HK, had two kids, moved to France, bought and renovated a few properties in a French Ski village.  Got divorced, kids seems to hate him.  Physically he's never been a very good looking bloke, always overweight, way too much dark body hair etc so I doubt he's had many sexual partners in his life. His wife was fugly to put it politely.  He's not poor, and is building two villas on some beachfront land he bought in Sri Lanka.... 

Was an atheist, but a few years ago he started reading the bible and has now decided it's all true. 

Now claims that the moon is just a projection or a hologram, thinks the Earth is flat with a dome over it, thinks the sun and stars are just light bulbs in the dome. Doesn't believe humans built the Pyramids. Claims there was a huge mud flood which is why there are buildings with windows seemingly below street level. And of course uses the term "they" all the time to imply there is a secret Govt cabal that is constantly planning ways to make life hard for normal people. 

He believes so much utter nonsense that I told him we can no longer be friends and I've blocked him so he can't contact me.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/25/2024 at 11:37 PM, Hummin said:

Lee Harvold Oswald acted alone!

23 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

I don't know what the scam was exactly but COVID was a scam. I could talk for hours on this but my 3 points are this:

1) If you didn't tell me there was a pandemic I would never have known. The was my position from March 2020 and remains to be so. I saw nothing in my real life that indicated anything was out of the ordinary except people wearing masks, which they did because they were lied too also.

2) Following COVID they started making drastic changes to the money and dropped mortgage interest rates to historic lows. Of course now we have  an inflation and housing affordability "crisis". I'm sure they planned this and had some greater reason for it but I'm not sure why.

3) Trump radicalized the American political class in a way I never saw before (ever?). It was DEFCON 3, all hands on deck panic to get rid of this guy. I don't believe it was a coincidence COVID happened right at the end of his term.

#2 is the potential conspiracy. They were maybe trying to cover something up. The fact the Ukraine war started following this event is interesting too.

image.png.79de886b65dff4e853f1aa5fb2d6a8b6.png

You obviously don't get out enough. The government was setting up makeshift quarantine facilities to house all the patients. We had one right next door in a hotel that had closed because of your non-pandemic. 7 million people have died worldwide so far, including over 34,000 in Thailand. At one point, there were so many deaths the government arranged special train cars to ship the bodies back to the provinces. 

On the other hand, government invariably take advantage of crises such as this to try to implement an agenda they know they can't get in any other way. That's a conspiracy theory that's probably true. Read "Disaster Capitalism" by Naomi Klein.

3 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

And of course uses the term "they" all the time to imply there is a secret Govt cabal that is constantly planning ways to make life hard for normal people. 

we are.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/25/2024 at 10:40 PM, save the frogs said:

north korea constantly has their finger on the button = mind control

trump court case

Which of the 94 counts in the citizen Grand Jury indictments do you think is wrongly decided by the citizen Grand Jury? (really just a rhetorical question). We will see what the citizen Jury Trials decisions will be. guess it boils down to if we trust other American citizens to weigh the evidence and decide if the charges are proven or not. Personally, I still hold out hope in the majority of my fellow citizens ... thus I hope to be in the decided majority in the November Presidential election.

There is no such thing as democracy in the world.  Every country is controlled by an elite group that controls either through corruption or control of the military every country.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Which of the 94 counts in the citizen Grand Jury indictments do you think is wrongly decided by the citizen Grand Jury? (really just a rhetorical question). We will see what the citizen Jury Trials decisions will be. guess it boils down to if we trust other American citizens to weigh the evidence and decide if the charges are proven or not. Personally, I still hold out hope in the majority of my fellow citizens ... thus I hope to be in the decided majority in the November Presidential election.

Every one. Deficient as a matter of law

• Agree 1

Here is one you can easily test:

In a basement vault in the Rocky Mountains are 10 of the fasted computers ever devised owned by the NSA, who scan each and every bit of data generated on the planet.

Try this: send a text to your friend in say..Iran. Tell him about the package your a bringing to (pick an American City). Make sure there is reference to large things that go bang. Use the "n" word. Toss in some of the usual jibberish in Arabic. 

Then crack a beer and wait for the signs that you have caught their eye.

There is a similar facility in a desert that does the same, including monitoring message boards. Mossad is very diligent and never forgets.

Oh and there is no anonymity on the net. Only in the moutains with no devices.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Ridiculous

Yes, a theory isn't a theory if it's a fact and a fact isn't a fact if it's a theory. A theory can be backed up by some facts and a fact can start off as a theory but they're not one and the same. The Theory of Evolution has some facts to back it up but it's still a theory. The Theory of a creator God has no facts to back it up hence the need for faith.

On 5/25/2024 at 11:36 PM, Hummin said:

What a nice coincidence for some, but who killed him and why?

who and why ?

mysteries over mysteries...

09dc-trumpspstein1-superJumbo-v2.jpg

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Oh, I thought it was Clinton not Trump

The timing is important for a good conspiracy theory.

Nobody cares about Clinton anymore.

17 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

So who's in control? The elite? The Deep State? The Matrix? The Illuminati? The Glitterati? The Maserati?

No, it's your right hand that's in control, and your left as an alternate, once your forearm muscles tighten up. 

38 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Here is one you can easily test:

In a basement vault in the Rocky Mountains are 10 of the fasted computers ever devised owned by the NSA, who scan each and every bit of data generated on the planet.

Try this: send a text to your friend in say..Iran. Tell him about the package your a bringing to (pick an American City). Make sure there is reference to large things that go bang. Use the "n" word. Toss in some of the usual jibberish in Arabic. 

Then crack a beer and wait for the signs that you have caught their eye.

There is a similar facility in a desert that does the same, including monitoring message boards. Mossad is very diligent and never forgets.

Oh and there is no anonymity on the net. Only in the moutains with no devices.

Friends in Iran?

1 minute ago, cdemundo said:

I believe in Pizzagate and the Lizard people but none of the crazy ones.

Queen Elizabeth. eLIZabeth.

Im with you. Every night they scream F***you to me over and over.

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2024 at 6:45 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

America starting wars to bring freedom and democracy to those countries which they invade. 555

Interesting. As of this posting you got not one 'sad' or 'confused' emoji for that one.

1 hour ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I recently ceased being friends with someone I've known for around 25-30 years. 

Late 50's, similar upper middle class upbringing to me, public school education, very intelligent... now retired in Sri Lanka having married a French woman in HK, had two kids, moved to France, bought and renovated a few properties in a French Ski village.  Got divorced, kids seems to hate him.  Physically he's never been a very good looking bloke, always overweight, way too much dark body hair etc so I doubt he's had many sexual partners in his life. His wife was fugly to put it politely.  He's not poor, and is building two villas on some beachfront land he bought in Sri Lanka.... 

Was an atheist, but a few years ago he started reading the bible and has now decided it's all true. 

Now claims that the moon is just a projection or a hologram, thinks the Earth is flat with a dome over it, thinks the sun and stars are just light bulbs in the dome. Doesn't believe humans built the Pyramids. Claims there was a huge mud flood which is why there are buildings with windows seemingly below street level. And of course uses the term "they" all the time to imply there is a secret Govt cabal that is constantly planning ways to make life hard for normal people. 

He believes so much utter nonsense that I told him we can no longer be friends and I've blocked him so he can't contact me.

Have a friend at work whose girlfriend got caught up in the covid conspiracies then she went from one topic to the next until now when he gets home she wants to talk about her explanation about every major story in the news - weather, accidents, whatever she has a theory for it. I think for a certain sort of person covid set them off on a bad path. 

• Agree 1

This thread could have been interesting except some knuckleheads decided to get political.

Be that as it may, I'm not a believer in conspiracy theories.  But one that has been gnawing at me for awhile is the one about electric vehicles (EVs).  It goes that EVs could have been rolled out in the early 1970's (in the US), but it was killed by the oil companies and auto manufacturers.  This is all behind-the-scene stuff, but it certainly makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

This thread could have been interesting except some knuckleheads decided to get political.

Be that as it may, I'm not a believer in conspiracy theories.  But one that has been gnawing at me for awhile is the one about electric vehicles (EVs).  It goes that EVs could have been rolled out in the early 1970's (in the US), but it was killed by the oil companies and auto manufacturers.  This is all behind-the-scene stuff, but it certainly makes sense. 

Conspiracy theories are virtually always political. 

Like the theory that Biden, under the influence of his Chinese masters and the globalist marxist conspiracy is deliberatelky destroying Americas energy and transport infrastructure in order to force Americans out of fossil fuel cars.

• Thanks 1