where are the jobs?

Peteblank

9 hours ago, cdemundo said:

You must be able to do a job that a Thai person cannot do or you are considered to be taking a job from a Thai.

That's not accurate.  There is a list of jobs that foreigners are not allowed to do.  But foreigners can do jobs that Thai people can do, as long as the job is not on the restricted list. 

The foreigner needs to have a work permit, which requires their employer to pay 4 Thai people for every foreigner on staff, and pay income tax on 30,000, 50,000 or 80,000 a month to keep the WP renewed, depending on what category the work falls under.  (there may be other categories that require paying income tax on lower or higher amounts.  Agriculture, for example).

If a foreigner couldn't take a job that a Thai could do, there would be no Lao farmworkers, Cambodian hotel maids, or Burmese fishermen.  Or any permutations...

For most of us from the nanny states, the biggest hurdle is competing with Thai employees who generally work a lot cheaper than we're accustomed to.  Unless we have a special skill.

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Me, telesales, hmmm, wrong again..........🤕

I am beginning to worry about you, can't you spend a bit more time out of your flat, join a Derby & Joan club, oh, you've already done that, I forgot about your Bingo outings, sorry...🤗

Don't pick on the ...bingo !

I remember when I was a kid going with my parents ,the number caller was saying funny names to describe the numbers ..."two day ladies ...88 ...

Wonder if he could say that nowadays?

• Confused 6

21 minutes ago, impulse said:

That's not accurate.  There is a list of jobs that foreigners are not allowed to do.  But foreigners can do jobs that Thai people can do, as long as the job is not on the restricted list. 

The foreigner needs to have a work permit, which requires their employer to pay 4 Thai people for every foreigner on staff, and pay income tax on 30,000, 50,000 or 80,000 a month to keep the WP renewed, depending on what category the work falls under.  (there may be other categories that require paying income tax on lower or higher amounts.  Agriculture, for example).

If a foreigner couldn't take a job that a Thai could do, there would be no Lao farmworkers, Cambodian hotel maids, or Burmese fishermen.  Or any permutations...

For most of us from the nanny states, the biggest hurdle is competing with Thai employees who generally work a lot cheaper than we're accustomed to.  Unless we have a special skill.

Dr Olivier is a farang 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Me, telesales, hmmm, wrong again..........🤕

I am beginning to worry about you, can't you spend a bit more time out of your flat, join a Derby & Joan club, oh, you've already done that, I forgot about your Bingo outings, sorry...🤗

Wrong again.  I post from all over town.  Restaurants, gym long walks (water breaks), pool etc.

I can do that with my IPhone 15.

No need for a laptop or desktop 

Unlike yourself, stuck in a flop house with a dated desktop that takes up half of your room .  🙂

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, G_Money said:

Wrong again.  I post from all over town.  Restaurants, gym long walks (water breaks), pool etc.

I can do that with my IPhone 15.

No need for a laptop or desktop 

Unlike yourself, stuck in a flop house with a dated desktop that takes up half of your room .  🙂

Wrong again, how do you keep getting things wrong...🤕

You forget, I have a 2-story house in Thailand, on the edge of a lake, with open-plan living/dinning room, and an office, 3 bedrooms and 3 W.C/shower rooms....... 🤗

Those who live in a flat probably haven't got the room for a desk and PC, just use a phone with one of those screens to make things look bigger, I bet you've got one of those. I didn't know they were waterproof for the pool.

Mrs.T has an iPhone 15, she's always on the thing, glued to her hand, probably you're the same...

Anyway, nice to talk..........😉

10 minutes ago, transam said:

You forget, I have a 2-story house in Thailand, on the edge of a lake, with open-plan living/dinning room, and an office, 3 bedrooms and 3 W.C/shower rooms....... 🤗

Those who live in a flat probably haven't got the room for a desk and PC, just use a phone with one of those screens to make things look bigger, I bet you've got one of those. I didn't know they were waterproof for the pool.

Mrs.T has an iPhone 15, she's always on the thing, glued to her hand, probably you're the same...

Is that house in Issan ?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, G_Money said:

Yep.  Never understood the concept of abandoning a job or career in the West to come to Thailand to teach English for 35k baht a month.

Sex addiction.  The prospect of not getting  a leg over for a year is a mighty disincentive to doing the sensible thing.

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Dr Olivier is a farang 

He speaks Thai and AFAIK he has taken medical exams in Thailand to legally practice as a doctor.  (This might be all rubbish, but I seem to recall reading that somewhere!).

5 hours ago, transam said:

No one, especially myself believe anything that comes out of your keyboard.

But please continue to impress us with your photoshop skills.  Your finest attribute.

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, G_Money said:

No one, especially myself believe anything that comes out of your keyboard.

But please continue to impress us with your photoshop skills.  Your finest attribute.

"No one".......😂........So now you are representing all the forum members.....😂

Strange how my record debunks your assumption.....:clap2:

Listen chap, get out of that flat a bit more, I am sure it will help you........🤕

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

"No one".......😂........So now you are representing all the forum members.....😂

Strange how my record debunks your assumption.....:clap2:

Listen chap, get out of that flat a bit more, I am sure it will help you........🤕

Your generous “guaranteed” 35k a month doesn’t allow a life for you outside of the flop house, does it?

Or are you in the upscale flop house with internet provided.

At least you have internet, unfortunately for us.  🙂 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

Your generous “guaranteed” 35k a month doesn’t allow a life for you outside of the flop house, does it?

Or are you in the upscale flop house with internet provided.

At least you have internet, unfortunately for us.  🙂 

😂........Where did you get 35k a month from.......😂

More guesswork/lies, now you really should get out of that flat more, the fresh air will do your ol' grey cell's a world of good........🤕...................:clap2:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

😂........Where did you get 35k a month from.......😂

More guesswork/lies, now you really should get out of that flat more, the fresh air will do your ol' grey cell's a world of good........🤕...................:clap2:

go back and read your old posts 

You’re becoming more like Biden every day.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, G_Money said:

go back and read your old posts 

You’re becoming more like Biden every day.  

You read my old posts, wow, I am very impressed, no wonder you don't have time to get out of your flat..........:clap2:

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

But nothing on your record has any attributes to walking up & down the Manila City subway like I have achieved at night 

Well, I've done that in Clacton...........🤪

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

You read my old posts, wow, I am very impressed, no wonder you don't have time to get out of your flat..........:clap2:

posting from central festival.

Doubt you have ever heard of the place.

Clearance racks of knockoffs at Mikes Mall is your preferred choice.

When you’re due for a new Chang vest, every 10 years.

Cheers 🙂

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Cheers 🙂

Is that a pensioners outing....?  :thumbsup:

Edited by transam
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, transam said:

Is that a pensioners outing....?  :thumbsup:

They can’t afford it. 🙂

Are you in the market for a new “vest”?  You must be about due.

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Never been a cheap charlie.  You still chasing balloons for a meal?

Your actions are commendable for taking care of the old folk, do they all live in the same block of flats as you...?   :thumbsup:

Sorry, I don't understand the "balloon" thing, is that what they do down your OAP club...🤔

21 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i got my TEFL in CM but found out im not a babysitter....gave up trying to teach thais that seem to have no interest in english

Kinda true for many. I help in an English school and most of the teachers he hires are English speakers from other countries, where English is a language they learned in school also. There are quite a few English teachers still working all over Thailand as they are the ones who will actually see some learning from some students. The Thai teachers that teach English? Many of them don't speak English very well and only hand out assignments for the children to copy, including the school where my 7 year old daughter goes. She speaks English better than anyone at the school.

When I help, most of the kids, especially the older ones, are busy on their phones and I have to get their attention to get them to do something. Some are serous about learning and these you can tell right off with their excitement. Most of the others couldn't care less.  My boss, the school owner, doesn't allow Thai spoken on the grounds and was taught in America himself, and sees how sad most Thai schools are as far as students learning much. They don't leave kids behind here, even if they're failing or rarely show up.

Funny anecdote, he told me of a 19 year old half Thai (half American) boy who lived with his dad until dad passed away, that couldn't speak English!!  I'm thinking how is this possible living with an English speaking dad? Talking with the teachers he hires, most of them say the same thing. They like the occasional camps that are put on, as much of the day is spent playing games and singing songs in English. They participate, then go back home and rarely speak English because no one around them knows how. The jobs are much, like you say, babysitting.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Your actions are commendable for taking care of the old folk, do they all live in the same block of flats as you...?   :thumbsup:

Sorry, I don't understand the "balloon" thing, is that what they do down your OAP club...🤔

Who you trying to fool grandpa?   You invented the cheap charlies favorite pastime.  Back when you were still living in Thailand, of course.

Being the same age as Biden has left you in a similar state of mind.  Forgetful!

Well I suppose it is happy hour in Perth.  Enjoying a Fosters outside the 7/11?

IMG_2456.jpeg

• Confused 1

On 6/14/2024 at 8:46 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Are doctors exempt?

Yes and no. For a foreign doctor to operate in Thailand they have to take the test that Thai doctors take which is only in the Thai language.

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

Cheers 🙂

Hold the F-up...

Mikes has clearance racks, when did this happen ?

I gotta get out more !

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

As far as I've known transam, he speaks the truth, doesn't exaggerate, and only sticks up for himself, like myself, when he's attacked by someone that disagrees with what he's said. Some don't agree with things I say, besides the fact I don't go by opinions and use research and personal experience in a subject before I reply or post. The reason I commented here, is in rebuttal of what you said........"No one, especially myself believe anything that comes out of your keyboard"    Gets old when people here assume they know someone or don't understand what they're saying, so have to argue, much like trolling.

So, you have been to his claimed home with a “garden” in Ubon?  What year was that?

Were you given a tour of his infamous garden?

I certainly hope no one was “rolled over in the clover “.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=BFIwtsmVTKc&si=QzoGsMQDAzOSYgj0

• Sad 1