The Upcoming Presidential Debate

8 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

yes it does, and you are one 100%.

as an example, if i were biden under 31 charges for hush money, tried by a republican judge that campaigned on taking biden down, in a replician state would you accept it, or would you be screaming you little liberal head off?...i think we know the answer...<removed> . com

Exactly

I am waiting to see how much this is a debate, and how much it is a parallel interview. The problem with having two moderators is that they always try to insert themselves into the spotlight. They can't help themselves, it is how they do things in their day jobs. But will there be any direct interaction at all between the candidates? Or will the Holders of the Mike Cut Switch ensure that there will be no spontenaity or unscripted moments?

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I am waiting to see how much this is a debate, and how much it is a parallel interview. The problem with having two moderators is that they always try to insert themselves into the spotlight. They can't help themselves, it is how they do things in their day jobs. But will there be any direct interaction at all between the candidates? Or will the Holders of the Mike Cut Switch ensure that there will be no spontenaity or unscripted moments?

Likely a sham. Typical CNN sideshow. CNN thinks Koh Chang has no tourists.

I'm getting really tired of the insults, not limited to cults, mental illnesses, derangement, etc, etc.

If you want to participate in this new forum, abide by our Community Standards. If you can't, we can arrange for you to watch from the sidelines. 

Update: We're not going to let this place deteriorate into people pasting links at each other. If you have a point to make and want to add a link to back up your discussion, fine, but if you simply want to paste things in with little or none of your own input then expect them to be removed without notification. This is a discussion forum. Discuss.

Edited by cdnvic
  • Thumbs Up 1

The 'rules' imposed by CNN are getting more and more interesting. Now they are insisting on a 1 or 2 minute delay of the broadcast. Standard on network TV is 7 seconds. Plus excluding many media outlets from accessing their live feed.  So I am beginning to wonder how much of a debate this really will be. The head of the CPD has already come out with numerous criticisms and is less than impressed.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The 'rules' imposed by CNN are getting more and more interesting. Now they are insisting on a 1 or 2 minute delay of the broadcast. Standard on network TV is 7 seconds. Plus excluding many media outlets from accessing their live feed.  So I am beginning to wonder how much of a debate this really will be. The head of the CPD has already come out with numerous criticisms and is less than impressed.

Trying to save Biden. Trump needs a gopro to record it in case. Show everything.

Edited by susanlea
  • Confused 1

On 6/24/2024 at 8:50 PM, SoCal1990 said:

Here are the unpleasant spewings we can expect from the sweaty <removed> based on past debates from 2016 and 2020: 

- Aggressive and confrontational

- Unintellectual speech patterns

- Childish use of inappropriate insults

- Focus only on soundbites and avoid providing and substantive data

- Evade giving any direct answers

- Try to appeal to people’s emotions and populism rather than facts and figures

- Ridiculous questioning of opponents legitimacy 

Did I leave anything out? 

Only the bumbling responses - Mr. Magoo will probably leave them out too.

• Confused 1

Should be 3 tests

1 fitness test. Walk 800m briskly, 20 pushups, 20 situps

2 strength test. Strict arm curls, overhead press

3 logic test. If a farm has 3000 apple trees with average of 60 apples at the start. 10 apples grow a week and birds eat 1/8 of the total per week after 37 weeks how many apples are there?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1