Where is the best place to go in Thailand for a woman?

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ignore it said:

My thought upon reading the headline was soi 6 or Walking Street. While perhaps enjoyable for some female travelers, not the safest. 

Yeah - its not the best worded headline...   but after reading the question itself its more apparent.

... There is a woman's forum on here, there may be assistance.

Ultimately - I suspect the question is specifically regarding personal safety... 

- Thailand is a very safe country in the day time, thus with the use of common sense, everywhere is fine.

- At night, things change slightly, especially with booze and its best to buddy up to ensure personal safety, especially for a female. 

- With that in mind, if travelling alone, seeking accommodating where others are easily met is a good option (i.e. Back packers hostels etc).

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ignore it said:

My thought upon reading the headline was soi 6 or Walking Street, as I thougt some nieve newbie was looking for action.

On the other hand, while perhaps enjoyable for some female travelers, not for all.

Chiang Mai now has a soi 6? 

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2024 at 4:17 AM, Rachel2023 said:

I’m planning a trip around Chiang Mai, and want to know the best places for solo female travelers. Any safe and enjoyable spots you recommend?

Chiang Mai is great and worth a visit. However, many solo female travellers head to Koh Phangan and Koh Samui, the islands are among other things known as destinations for female travellers; so, that could also be a part of your planning. You can fly direct from Chiang Mai to Samui.

Really depends on what you want, or want to avoid as a woman.  You didn't provide much info.   Honestly can't think of any place I've been or would go, that would matter which sex you are.

Simple common sense would ensure a pleasant experience.  More info may help with suggestions.

Edited by KhunLA

Probably accommodation in the Nimmanheiman area if the OP is looking for a party vibe.

Out of town, San Kamphaeng Hot Springs, Doi Suthep and Doi Inthanon are all worth a visit.

White water rafting at Mae Tang, Tiger Kingdom near Mae Rim.

If she is broad-minded, IMO Chiang Mai Erotic Gardens is a real hoot.

Thailand is a safe destination for both men and women and certainly for kids its not Hamburg or Frankfurt -Brussels guetto cocaine areas...............Pay attention and avoid asset lovers "sharks" and their "recommentation" for health insurers "sharks".....

Delete them and you wont have any problem but pay attention to asset lovers "sharks".........and "investments" .......and invest to yourself the time you will be in this wonderfull Kingdom.

On 6/25/2024 at 2:17 PM, Rachel2023 said:

I’m planning a trip around Chiang Mai, and want to know the best places for solo female travelers. Any safe and enjoyable spots you recommend?

I lived there and it's probably as safe in that area as anywhere in Thailand.

Have some common sense about what you do, and don't go drinking alcohol with a bunch of Thai men.

You could maybe book a taxi tour through your hotel / resort. Maybe even specify a woman driver. Though I'm not sure how expensive it would be nowadays.  Another way to get out and see things is a bicycle tour, where you would be with others, led by a tour guide. Obviously that requires a certain level of fitness.

I've not been there for years, but the large botanical gardens were interesting, including the indoor topical part..  There was a zoo (not the Tiger Zoo), hot springs, temples, including one with a very long climb down and up a staircase. Others might know the names of these.

Also an elephant sanctuary.

Thailand is still much safer than your country of Western origin I suppose, so the simplest advice that applies to the whole world is never go alone to an isolated place but always prefer where there are people and above all avoid going out at night .

• Haha 1