Which beer brand is your favourite in Thailand? Leo, Chang, Singha, etc.

RolandRat

1 hour ago, Denim said:

I don't really like beer much except maybe when eating out.  But I have to say I tried Tawandeng Rose and up until now it is the only beer I have ever drunk that I felt compelled to pour down the sink after a mouthful. Horrible. How they can even call it beer beats me when it's nearest relative is SPY wine cooler ....equally grim IMO.

Both strictly for the ladies, methinks.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Its illegal to display a beer name, logo or trademark on social media so you may want to be careful. I was called out on this as a Cafe owner for the exact same thing due to a ruling from 2008.

Like every other law in Thailand, it is ignored and next-to-never enforced. Just another pointless law that allows corruption to exist within Thailand's largest criminal organisation should they choose to 'crack down' on anyone.

23 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Like every other law in Thailand, it is ignored and next-to-never enforced. Just another pointless law that allows corruption to exist within Thailand's largest criminal organisation should they choose to 'crack down' on anyone.

Thought AN was on Singapore servers?

Just now, Hummin said:

I should maybe had put this after my reply 🤔 😉

Chang is Danish beer, Carlsberg Elephant beer, Carabao is German beer produced in Thailand. 

Singha is the only Thai beer made by a Thai who studied the breewing process in Germany and Denmark. 

Meanwhile, Boonrawd toured Germany and Denmark to study the art of making beer. His dream became a reality when Boon Rawd Brewery was established on 4 August 1933, when he was 60 years old.

Source Singha archives

On 7/1/2024 at 10:43 AM, RolandRat said:

I'm exploring local beers in Thailand. Which brand is your favorite: Leo, Chang, Singha, or another? What do you recommend?

If available Draught Chang, otherwise bottled Chang or Beer Lao (light and dark). Singha and Leo upset my gut so I avoid like the plague!

I'm just having a couple of bottles of beer Lao IPA which I am finding very agreeable. 70 baht per bottle at my local expat shop (Lamai, Koh Samui).

I wish more bars/shops would stock the beer Lao range. I personally think it puts Thai beer to shame. 

I'm a Singha drinker when out and about. 

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Depends on your circumstance. I had a local report us about our Cafe. I was only warned and asked to remove the pics. Granted im small fish in a big sea but I'm just passing on valid information. Do with it what you will.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

What's wrong with Carabao beers, Cheers Extra, Tapper or Red Horse? Chang at 4.8% is not worth buying

I agree.  And I hate having a 'changover' after just 3 bottles. 

Prefer Carabao dark to the lager. Is Cheers Extra the one with a red label?  Can't find that in Korat,  drank that alot when I lived in Chiang Mai. 

Red Horse (Philippine beer) is good too.  Tawang Dang IPA is very tasty and only 53baht a can at local Lotus'sss. 

I'm still trying to find a decent dark Jamaican rum.  Capt Morgan too sweet.  Sangsom is rather tasteless.