New Immigration form for retirement extensions.

10 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Then most without a pension must use the funds in the bank method.

Order 138/2557. Income method - retirement.

Screenshot2024-07-10010833.png.4c1dfb1c4201e34209db965f15cbc0c5.png

Evidence showing income such as a pension.....  You could be getting your income from a business back in your home country.  It does not say it has to be a pension....

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, connda said:

Evidence showing income such as a pension.....  You could be getting your income from a business back in your home country.  It does not say it has to be a pension....

Apparently from posts on this board some offices interpreted it solely as "pension" [defined benefit that many don't have]. There have been reports of people having to go the 800k route due to local office stipulations. Apparently in some offices you have to show it is from a pension and if yours is a pension that is paid twice in one month in some months they wont accept it and you cant top up a sub 65k pension to 65k with income from investments.

Source: my memory of peoples posts.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Apparently from posts on this board some offices interpreted it solely as "pension" [defined benefit that many don't have].

FWIW, U.S. Social Security is NOT a "Pension".

One translation of the Immigration section said "...income such as a pension, interest, savings...".

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

FWIW, U.S. Social Security is NOT a "Pension".

One translation of the Immigration section said "...income such as a pension, interest, savings...".

and an extension is not a visa - 555

Last week I also went to roi et immigration to extend non O based on retirement I'm not sure if you are referring to a new form that is asking the banks name where funds are kept and the amount in the account. 

• Confused 1

Sorry,yes I've just looked at the form you posted,and it is the one I'm referring to as well I asked why,and the officer just said it's a new requirement....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Does this form need to be filled by all who apply for a retirement extension? There are 2 ways to qualify financially for a retirement extension, by monthly deposits or by bank balance. Is this form only for the monthly deposit method?

Looks to cover all income methods.

54 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

As others have said, until someone confirms that they had to fill in one of these, or a similar, form at their own immigration office I won't be getting excited about this.  Not that I will even if it is confirmed.

I suspect it will be just another storm in a teacup - much like this form, which caused quite a stir on here a number of years ago.  How long did it last, despite the dire warnings from some?

image.png.b5c85dd2cd2a0c6f7fdbe54eefe269ef.png

No such forms required at CM this morning.   

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

The request for information about pension money might suggest that. If so it's something above that which has been necessary for previous extensions.

So if the pension money is provided by your friendly immigration staff, is that acceptable?

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There are 80 immigration offices.

Let's wait for widespread use of this form.

Even then could mean.,.Nothing 

I see the language is really abysmal even by Thai standards. Makes me wonder.

Applicants always have to provide a government backed pension statement or multiple copies of bank transactions/deposits which is all kept on file by Immigration anyway.

So nothing new really even if legit. Just an extra piece of paper. No new tax relevant info on it.

How does one "collede money"?

7 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Why? As they are likely to benefit from the family allowances that could be financed with the tax paid by those on retirement extensions.

Poor wording on my part. I meant people who are married but are on retirement extensions should be treated the same (tax wise) as married people on marriage extensions.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

This is so. Imm are almost totally inflexible and unyielding about their rules. You meet their requirements or you don't, and if you don't they don't approve your extension. That is not to say they don't ever accept extraneous circumstances, but saying your Landlord wont file TM30 or give you the docs has no workaround in some offices, in some it does  - CW apparently has allowed a lease and utility bills receipts for that address.

A lot of it is more about the immigration office. If the person in charge of the office takes a certain line, then that is the line that will be taken.

Jomtien and Sri Ratcha are both Chonburi Immigration but on some issues they about as close at the North and South poles.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Poor wording on my part. I meant people who are married but are on retirement extensions should be treated the same (tax wise) as married people on marriage extensions.

You would need to explain.

What is the difference(tax wise) on how people are treated between a retirement extension and a marriage extension?

11 minutes ago, sandyf said:

What is the difference(tax wise) on how people are treated between a retirement extension and a marriage extension?

There isn't any difference. I should have said that tax liabilities are not dependent on the type of extension you have. I seem to have created a "rabbit hole" with a poor choice of words previously. I won't be responding further.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

13 minutes ago, sandyf said:

In theory no difference, with the exception of the 30k deduction per child. It could be that for the authorities the retirement extension holders might look more juicy when it comes to tax. But we aren't even sure this is a tax issue, it could also be a rudimentary tool to debunk fraudulent visas obtained through agents. But would that work I doubt it. 

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

This is a bit of a worry.more paperwork more hassle and probably in the future  more money to pay out

What worry, it takes two minutes to fill in the form.

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

They probably don't understand it yet themselves.

Seems this is related to  ... TAXES.

Probably related to those using agents and who do not have enough money to support their stay in Thailand according to the financial requirement rules or they want to be sure that the money is not coming from illegal working in Thailand. It will do away with that type of corruption.

Edited by freeworld
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Barely readable. If they're going to roll it out to all offices, they might consider having it translated into English.

By whom precisely? It has been known that on occasions the Ministry of Foreign Affairs get translation wrong.