New Immigration form for retirement extensions.

32 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Unless I missed it, on that form I don't see an option for those using the money in bank option.

Again, my feeling is that some IMO in Roi Et invented this form, because he can. Why would head office start this in a province with the least applicants.

Chonburi or Bangkok would be where they started it

Well I do agree it's quite a dumb form.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Unless I missed it, on that form I don't see an option for those using the money in bank option.

Looking at the form, which sections are numbered, I'd say if you were using the income method, complete 2 and 3.1

If using the funds in the bank method, complete 3.2

If using the combo method, complete 2, 3.1 and 3.2

That's just a guess.

Again, my feeling is that some IMO in Roi Et invented this form, because he can. Why would head office start this in a province with the least applicants.

Well, if it's a wind up, the whole office must be in on it then.

• Like 2

Most people, 50 year of age, don't have a pension and have retirement extensions.

I suggest stop posting, because with every post you lose more credibilty

Then most without a pension must use the funds in the bank method.

Order 138/2557. Income method - retirement.

Screenshot2024-07-10010833.png.4c1dfb1c4201e34209db965f15cbc0c5.png

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CallumWK said:

No IMO, they might test response in a small province. TM30 was rolled out in Chiang Mai before Bangkok and I think somewhere small before CM.

That said, my guess is that it just provincial crankiness. Hope all bank accounts don't have to be updated/letter obtained on the day.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Actually other types of income can be used for the income method and many people using the bank method have pensions.

Apparently in some offices not, you have to show it is from a pension and if yours is a pension that is paid twice in one month in some months they wont accept it and you cant top up a sub 65k pension to 65k with income from investments.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

You could be right JT, but why only for people on retirement extensions? Surely those on marriage extensions are subject to the same tax rules?

Why? As they are likely to benefit from the family allowances that could be financed with the tax paid by those on retirement extensions.

11 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Does this form need to be filled by all who apply for a retirement extension? There are 2 ways to qualify financially for a retirement extension, by monthly deposits or by bank balance. Is this form only for the monthly deposit method?

Who knows, even they don't know 

36 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

When forms have the name of the immigration printed on it, as is the case with this and the one in the OP, that is the biggest indication that it hasn't been issued by the immigration head office but by someone who makes up his own rules.

At the end of the day it is a bit irrelevant who makes up the rules, you either want a stamp or you don't.

Shouting BS is not going to make a difference, adapting to change is one of life's necessities.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

Here we go with another thread of knuckleheads first denying it's for real, then becoming argumentative claiming it's just some rogue office or whatever, then once they finally realize it's for real the inevitable whining starts.  🙃

Not really, many offices seem to have requirements peculiar only to themselves that have not been taken up countrywide. Phuket has its own PoA form for TM30 that is not downloadable from main Imm website. Also see Nong Khai pension transfer form used just by one office posted below your post by Tod Daniels

So less of the "knuckleheads". Some of us have been dealing with Immigration/MoFA across all visa/extension classes, for 30 years, and are making judgements based on that, but you think you know best despite an example contradicting you.

Based on the evidence presented of a form with the name of the Imm office being included I would conclude that this is a one office thing, even though TM30 enforcement started with CM and I think before that other provinces, not with CW. This of course makes me a "knucklehead". Perhaps we should revisit this down the road.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

You could be right JT, but why only for people on retirement extensions? Surely those on marriage extensions are subject to the same tax rules?

Correct, but the Immigration income requirement for "Marriage" at 40k pm, would probably not be high enough for a tax bill to be issued, whereas "Retirement" at 65k pm probably would be. It's use for tax purposes could be as a check on whether "bank interest" is being declared.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Been a requirement of my local office (Phetchabun) ever since it opened in 2017.

Three bank accounts or just the one? All offices require bank book updated same day, some require letter same day, others not same day e.g. CW allow the letter to be up to 7 days previous. Having to update 3 bank books before you can go to Imm is doable - 3 passbook machines except not SCB at CW, but 3 letters...............

Edited by mokwit

5 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Three bank accounts or just the one? All offices require bank book updated same day, some require letter same day, others not same day e.g. CW allow the letter to be up to 7 days previous. Having to update 3 bank books before you can go to Imm is doable - 3 passbook machines except not SCB at CW, but 3 letters...............

Only the account(s) you are using for the 800k, as the balance only changes with interest/tax, they once enquired "where does your living money come from", my reply was I have other bank accounts here.

An aside Phetchabun did not like my friend using 2 accounts to hold his 800k and told him to go to Pattaya to get his extension, despite it being OK the year before.

13 hours ago, Liquorice said:

But the monies are supposed to come from pensions, read Immigration orders.

Post a link to the immigration order that states that or it is not credible.

• Thumbs Up 1