Will Michelle Obama now Run For President and Win? (Best Outcome?)

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Plenty of time for voters to learn about lesser known candidates.

Keep in mind the fact that there is an anti maga (anti fascist) majority in the U.S. but they need a fresh positive hopeful reason to get their asses to the polls.

Biden ain't that.

Fear mongering about religious values, immigration, and economical depression is historically good reasons to win elections for the more extreme parties and socalled self named strong leaders. Tribe mentality Trump's common sense

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Keep in mind the fact that there is an anti maga (anti fascist) majority in the U.S. but they need a fresh positive hopeful reason to get their asses to the polls.

Biden ain't that.

Not to worry, the Biden cultists are strong and dedicated, they'll do what it takes to beat Trump even if it means throwing Biden under the bus and circumventing democracy to do it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Biden ain't that.

I don't think Trump is that bad but I get your point.  I would vote for a dem if I determined the candidate was even below average because I don't like Trump.  As it stands, Trump has my vote.  I'm now part of the despicables but just maybe a dark horse dem will magically appear in the near term.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Biden that stubborn old coot and his cheerleader Dr. Jill are hanging tough.

Unless he decides to withdrawal from the nomination before the convention, it's game over unless he dies before the election. 

Villains usually die in the third act. But the blue maga is strong in him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

I don't think Trump is that bad but I get your point.  I would vote for a dem if I determined the candidate was even below average because I don't like Trump.  As it stands, Trump has my vote.  I'm now part of the despicables but just maybe a dark horse dem will magically appear in the near term.

Have you studied Project 25?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Here's a list of all the things Michelle Obama and others that know her (including her husband) have said about the chances of her running for president. 

"April 26, 2012 - At a White House event, a child asked Obama whether she ever plans to run for office. "Absolutely not," the then-First Lady responded."

May 29, 2012 - When the hosts of The View asked Obama about rumors that she'll run for office, she said, "Those are other people's rumors." "I am not interested in politics," she continued. "Never have been."

September 25, 2012 - [Michelle Obama stated:] "It takes a lot of patience to be president of the United States. I'm not that patient."

May 30, 2014 - Sitting for an interview, President Barack Obama restated what he said on The View: "One thing I can promise you: Michelle will not run for office.

June 23, 2014 - When talking to ABC News, Michelle Obama again shut down the possibility of her run, saying that she is "definitely not" seeking higher office and instead plans to focus on service.

June 29, 2014 - NBC News asked a senior White House advisor, Valerie Jarrett, whether there was any chance of another Obama candidacy. "No," Jarrett said flatly. "I'm absolutely, 100% positive that will never happen."

January 14, 2016 -During his first visit to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, someone asked President Obama not about his policy platform, but about his wife's desire to run. "Let me tell you, there are three things that are certain in life: death, taxes, and Michelle is not running for president," he said.

March 16, 2016 - Michelle Obama spoke at a South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, and again clarified her stance: "I will not run for president. No, nope, not going to do it."

December 19, 2016 - Oprah asked Michelle Obama if she ever plans to seek office. Obama [...] said that she would not subject her children to another grueling political campaign.

"I'm not coy," she said. "I've proven that. I'm pretty direct. If I were interested in it, I would say it. I don't believe in playing games."

April 27, 2017 - A Q&A in Orlando, Florida, turned to the question of a possible Obama run, and again the former FLOTUS brought the answer back to her family.

"I wouldn't ask my children to do this again because when you run for higher office, it's not just you. It's your whole family," she said.

April 5, 2018 - At a forum in Boston, Massachusetts, Obama said that Americans cannot turn to any woman and demand she run simply for the sake of making history.

"There are millions of women out here who are inclined, who do have the passion for politics," she said.

"I have never had the passion for politics. I just happen to be married to somebody who has the passion for politics, and he dragged me kicking and screaming into this arena."

October 11, 2018 - Obama went on The Today Show to announce a new program, though again ended up answering the question about a potential political bid."I have never wanted to be a politician," she said. "It's one of those things that nothing has changed in me to make me want to run for elected office."

November 13, 2018 - In her memoir, Becoming, Obama immortalized her disinterest in running for office in ink: "I'll say it here directly: I have no intention of running for office, ever."

March 18, 2019 - On an episode of Conan O'Brien's podcast, Obama said that eight years in the White House was more than enough. When O'Brien asked if she'd throw her name into the mix in 2020, she answered with a resolute no.

November 14, 2022 - Obama told the BBC that the question of whether she'll run for office is the one she hates being asked most. Still, she clarified her position: "No. I'm not going to run."

April 24, 2023 - In a more recent interview, Oprah repeated her question, this time asking about 2024, not 2020. Again, Obama said that she has "never expressed any interest in politics. Ever."

March 5, 2024 - Obama's communications director, told NBC that Obama supports Biden's bid for reelection and has no plans to run. She gave the same statement to Business Insider on July 5."

I don't know what anyone else takes from all that, but I take it to mean she has absolutely no interest in running.

Where is your citation for what you have quoted from another source???

Did you get it from The Insider?

Also, don't believe everything you read, or all that people say.

Have you ever known a woman to change her mind?

Or not?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If this is the case, then would that not still trump Trump?

A pair of Obamas beat One No Trump......correct?

Obama's done enough damage

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Have you studied Project 25?

You need to get your dastardly plots clear.  There's Project 2025 from the nice folks at Heritage, and there's Project 25 which is about using the 25th Amendment as it was intended.  That would be an inside (Dem Elite) job.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Also, don't believe everything you read, or all that people say.

Yeah.  How many times has Newsom said he's not gonna run?

Hope so

Or Hillary. Gavin Newsom. Gretchen Whitmer. Hakeem Jeffries. Any of these could easily beat the felonious, lying, cheating, abusive blowhard, insurrectionist con-man-in-thief. :coffee1:

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

You need to get your dastardly plots clear.  There's Project 2025 from the nice folks at Heritage, and there's Project 25 which is about using the 25th Amendment as it was intended.  That would be an inside (Dem Elite) job.

Lame deflection.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
1 hour ago, impulse said:

Lame deflection.

Just saying, it's confusing.  Especially sitting here where YouTube is blocked.  Which project 25 are you referring to?  The inside job, or the outside job?

19 minutes ago, impulse said:

Holding out Wikipedia as a reliable source 'splains a lot...

That's like holding out Joy Behar or Whoopi.

Your persistent willful ignorance about Project 25 lacks credibility and wit.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Hope so

Or Hillary. Gavin Newsom. Gretchen Whitmer. Hakeem Jeffries. Any of these could easily beat the felonious, lying, cheating, abusive blowhard, insurrectionist con-man-in-thief. :coffee1:

All polling low.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Your persistent willful ignorance about Project 25 lacks credibility and wit.

Your over the top nonsense and scare mongering is boring. When people play the fascist card 500 times they lose credibility.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Just saying, it's confusing.  Especially sitting here where YouTube is blocked.

Where is that?

North Korea?

How did you end up there????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

All polling low.

Vice President Kamala Harris is now running ahead of Trump, 42 percent to 41 percent, the survey found. And former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the 2016 nominee who is not being seriously discussed as a candidate by voters anxious about Biden’s chances, is slightly ahead of Harris. Clinton leads Trump 43 percent to 41 percent.

The poll also tested other potential Democratic tickets — and found one headed up by Clinton, with Harris staying on as her vice presidential nominee, in the strongest position. Clinton-Harris is beating Trump 43 percent to 40 percent, a four-point advantage over Biden-Harris.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/09/biden-clinton-harris-democrat-poll-00166937

On 7/10/2024 at 4:55 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

If this is the case, then would that not still trump Trump?

A pair of Obamas beat One No Trump......correct?

IMO the western world barely survived the past 11 years of Obama, and I doubt it will survive another 8.

If you hadn't guessed already, the only president I disliked more than Biden ( and Bush the younger ) was Obama. He would have made a great cabaret crooner, but he didn't do so well at being president, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you hadn't guessed already, the only president I disliked more than Biden ( and Bush the younger ) was Obama. He would have made a great cabaret crooner, but he didn't do so well at being president, IMO.

Obama may not have been the worst president ever, but he was the most disappointing.  I was thrilled when he won his first term, promising transparency and unity.  Failing to deliver on his promises, I was disappointed he was given a 2nd term.  During which, he disappointed even more.  I've never seen a less transparent gub'ment nor a more divided country.  (But I only go back to JFK was the first president I remember)

Biden has just been a redux of broken Obama promises.  With a side of senility.  Covered up by the MSM and Dem elite.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Obama may not have been the worst president ever, but he was the most disappointing.  I was thrilled when he won his first term, promising transparency and unity.  Failing to deliver on his promises, I was disappointed he was given a 2nd term.  During which, he disappointed even more.  I've never seen a less transparent gub'ment nor a more divided country.  (But I only go back to JFK was the first president I remember)

Biden has just been a redux of broken Obama promises.  With a side of senility.  Covered up by the MSM and Dem elite.

I feel for you. If I liked him I'd also have been disappointed. He had both the senate and the house and passed nothing worthwhile, not even Obama care. As I recall, that was later after he lost the house. Tell me if that's wrong.

Before anyone accuses me of disliking him because of his skin colour, remember I'm the one constantly reminding people only half black and brought up by his white mother.

So we would have yet another woman who was successful only because she happened to be married to the right man. This would show, of course, that women can do as well as men (insofar as they were married to the right man).

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JackGats said:

So we would have yet another woman who was successful only because she happened to be married to the right man. This would show, of course, that women can do as well as men (insofar as they were married to the right man).

Indeed. IMO those that think she would be a good president do so because they want a repeat of Obama. There is absolutely nothing to say that she would be the same as he, from her past presence in the W H.

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Enough already!
Michelle Obama has ZERO political ambitions.

Not now, not four years from now. NEVER. 

And you know this how exactly? Are you her confidante?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Enough already!
Michelle Obama has ZERO political ambitions.

Not now, not four years from now. NEVER. 

Just how well do you know her?

Even better than Barack?

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

Just how well do you know her?

Even better than Barack?

They call me the Michelle whisperer.

How well does Melanoma's 18,000 dollar a month stylist know her?