Thai Govt Disputes Claims of Deserted Tourist Spots

Arriving into swampy there is no mad rush that used to be prevalent all thru the year. Things have cooled off for Asean in general with the ridiculous yen and krw.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Have lived on KP for years and except for Covid this is the quietest I have ever seen.  Having said that it suits me but it’s not good for those who have a business and have to pay staff 

Pardon my ignorance, but KP? 

The photo is definitely from a Saturday or Sunday when people are coming from Bangkok. I was in Cha Am from November to April and yes, there were few to very few people in Cha Am. There is no variety in Cha Am like in Pattaya apart from lying on the beach, if there is still a beach!

IMG-20240313-WA0015.jpg

• Like 1

I just spent all day Sunday at Ch-am beach when we arrived it was very quiet, around 9am. Within the first 2 hours relaxing on a beach chair (30 baht) we probably had 15-20 vendors trying to sell a variety of things. My friend being Thai was asking everyone how business was and they all said it’s been very slow. But by 2pm it looked very busy, up and down beach road, in my opinion. 
is it possible the economy or the terrible road construction going and coming from Bangkok could be a factor! It is ridiculous at the moment, hopefully the new elevated highway is done soon.

So is their theory that crowded beaches are more enticing for visitors and therefore it’s essential to deny that beaches are uncrowded. 🤷‍♂️

sounds like they are arguing against themselves to me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Chai condemned these reports as fake news aimed at damaging Thailand's tourism reputation, emphasizing that both destinations continue to attract tourists.

How does saying there are no tourists damage in this way? 

It is rainy season now. Who wants to go into the rain to the floating market or the beach when rain is forecasted and flood warnings are issued weekly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have never understood the appeal of Cha-Am, other than the fact that it's relatively close to the Bangkok metro area. It is not a particular nice beach, it's jam-packed on the weekends, the vendors are out of control, the area can get very congested, and there are a few nice hotels, but there's a lot of junky places too. I just don't get it, never have, never will. 

It reminds one of a 3rd world version of Bondi Beach. Or Kuta in Bali. Both are horrific. 

You should see Rayong, sheesh, it makes Cha Am look like Fort Lauderdale!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I pass through Cha-am and keep heading further south to some real gems... Cha-am is a train wreck

Lived in Hua Hin for over ten years, only time we went to Cha-Am is when we played in a pool friendly. Always better to go, as you say, farther South, some real Gems for sure, just hope time does not spoil them with too much tourism.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ashkale said:

Arriving into swampy there is no mad rush that used to be prevalent all thru the year. Things have cooled off for Asean in general with the ridiculous yen and krw.

I love when Thai officials donot know when low season is upon us