Thaksin Tells Pheu Thai to Abandon Digital Wallet Plan

People would have died as a result of this policy. The absolute worst thing you can do to the family of alcoholics and drug users in particular, and gamblers to a lesser extent, is to pour spare cash into the home. 

Hospitals would be full, morgues overflowing, and the police would be run ragged dealing with intimidation and assault incidents. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, theblether said:

People would have died as a result of this policy. The absolute worst thing you can do to the family of alcoholics and drug users in particular, and gamblers to a lesser extent, is to pour spare cash into the home. 

Hospitals would be full, morgues overflowing, and the police would be run ragged dealing with intimidation and assault incidents. 

very good point

29 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

very good point

I donated food parcels to my local community during COVID. I offered 100 baht cash on top of the parcels so the locals could buy anything they wanted. The village heads ( five villages ) said under no circumstances should I include cash.

As one guy put it "as soon as the drunk son finds out there is an extra 100 baht in the house he will punch the mother until she hands it over." 

There's a horrific lowlife aspect to Thailand that most farangs don't see. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, theblether said:

I donated food parcels to my local community during COVID. I offered 100 baht cash on top of the parcels so the locals could buy anything they wanted. The village heads ( five villages ) said under no circumstances should I include cash.

As one guy put it "as soon as the drunk son finds out there is an extra 100 baht in the house he will punch the mother until she hands it over." 

There's a horrific lowlife aspect to Thailand that most farangs don't see. 

been here 20 yrs  yes i have seen it  if fact i have an alcoholic brother in law so i know what u mean

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

been here 20 yrs  yes i have seen it  if fact i have an alcoholic brother in law so i know what u mean

7 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

I know exactly what you're talking about. My wife comes from a family of 10, 6 males and 4 females. All her brothers have very little and get bombed out on Lao Kaow every night. Their male friends do exactly the same. They live in the countryside out of Korat. I used to go there 3-4 times every year to suit her indoors. Now I refuse to go stating my age when driving. In reality the place gets to me. I'm only from ordinary class myself. I came from a working class area and worked on the docks all my working life. In saying that, even the scum bags in the area where I came from had far more class than the Isarn ferals. May I add, her brothers treat me well, maybe it's because I used to buy them several bottles of the high octane booze that they drink. Anyway 2 have seen the light in the past 6 months as they've gone to Buddha forever. They both have wives and 6 kids between them. I've flatly refused to supply them with any financial assistance.

19 hours ago, connda said:

And other then being a Thai Tax Resident, you enjoy none of the benefits of a Thai citizen. 

Guessing you don't use any of the roads, street lights, immigration offices etc?

In fact, use of the immigration offices is really just for foreigners, so do you think that your yearly extension is a benefit?

Edited by bigt3116
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mason45 said:

I know exactly what you're talking about. My wife comes from a family of 10, 6 males and 4 females. All her brothers have very little and get bombed out on Lao Kaow every night. Their male friends do exactly the same. They live in the countryside out of Korat. I used to go there 3-4 times every year to suit her indoors. Now I refuse to go stating my age when driving. In reality the place gets to me. I'm only from ordinary class myself. I came from a working class area and worked on the docks all my working life. In saying that, even the scum bags in the area where I came from had far more class than the Isarn ferals. May I add, her brothers treat me well, maybe it's because I used to buy them several bottles of the high octane booze that they drink. Anyway 2 have seen the light in the past 6 months as they've gone to Buddha forever. They both have wives and 6 kids between them. I've flatly refused to supply them with any financial assistance.

Yes know what you mean !!! the brother in law nearly died with the drink,  he would be dead if the wife did not stop him skin an bone can not walk now, due to the drink, Typical Thai lazy do not want to work. I refuse to have anything to do with him. I don't think this was a good idea  to give the Thais 10000baht they would just drink, gamble or use on drugs Thais only think of themselves  the money would not be used for the family, Thai men dont have any sense of responsibility and are dumb as sh*t, the women are really different know what they want, responsible, look after family, so I hope the new PM can do good for Thailand but she has a bad legacy, Thaskin is just a corrupt gangster should be in prison, but not my country sit back and watch   

4 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Is this the same guy whose parole conditions forbid him from being "political?  And the one who said he was now too old for politics but cant seem to keep his nose out of it?

He said he is too old for politics and his daughter is to young to be PM.....

With all his billions you think that would be enough.... 

• Like 1

With all his billions you think that would be enough...     4 him never Enough   

I think the reason he pissed on the 10k wallet is because he was not involved and was too late to get his nose in the Troff.

So expect another big hand out to the people of some sort in the future that he will have his hands all over it for another big pay out for him and the family

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

He said he is too old for politics and his daughter is to young to be PM.....

With all his billions you think that would be enough.... 

Just want's to be with the grandkids if I remember correctly!

Why the surprise he and his family are just more horrible, lying hypocrites in a system of horrible, corrupt self serving scum bags, par for the course and won't change until the populace grow a pair....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

All you <deleted> horrible apologist's need to give your heads a good wobble, he's a sick old man, just wants to see the grandchildren, he's very poorly. Absolutely hog wash!

Parasite's the lot of them feasting on the corpse of democracy and the Western apologist's are even worse... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posts using derogatory and toxic nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly.

On 8/16/2024 at 9:40 AM, MikeandDow said:

No end game !!!  He is a Typical Thai No foresight only live for the present and only think of themself 

Oh I think he knows what the end game will be, I'm sure he has it all planned out.