Paetongtarn Shinawatra Elected as Thailand's 31st Prime Minister

5 hours ago, Khyron said:

The powers that be probably gave Sretta a certain amount of time to get foreign investment up in the country, that's why he was going around the world gladhanding any world leader who would give him the time of day. Unfortunately for him, it came to naught, and his time was up. We will see what the scion will do for the country, she didn't get her aunts looks though, more like her dad. Business leaders from the outside are a bit leery of investing alot, as the rules and government can change in an instant.

I am happy Anutin didn't get the nod, that would have not boded well for us.

Dunno, she speaks decent English. Yingluck didn’t do much for me looks wise and her English was naff… on meeting Obama — “who (HOW) are you?” lol 

Edited by daveAustin

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Story not finished yet ...

The one who has the best laugh , is the one who laughs last .

Bla, bla, bla...

Making them all look like fools.

Of course in Thailand, nothing is forever, but for now, his genius is on display for all to see.

Enjoy it.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, nikmar said:

if you remember - he has a 112 charge hanging over him. Who s got who by the short and curlies?

You mean like that case he returned to Thailand and spent 1 night in jail.

Pffft...112 charges.

No bother when you own the Prime Minister.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

I hope she dumps the 10,000 baht giveaway but promises to use the money to improve rural development and education.

We can all dream.

There never was any money... it was to be loaned to the government to finance that 10k

16 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

is this the person you admire

Thaksin was removed from power, Chamlong Srimuang expressed regret at getting "such a corrupt person" into politics

Thailand's National Counter Corruption Commission (NCCC) submitted an indictment to the Constitutional Court accusing Thaksin Shinawatra, the prime minister-in-waiting at the time, for failing to disclose assets worth about 2.37 billion baht ($56 million) while he was deputy prime minister in 1997 and a year afterward.If found guilty, Thaksin could be banned from political office for five years. This case is known as the "stock hiding case" because the Constitution prohibits politicians and their spouses from holding shares in private companies as per the law. However, Thaksin transferred the shares he owned to his domestic staff and other nominees in order to conceal his ownership.

you ever hear of the war on drugs 2500 people killed started by Thaskin

this guys is a gangster Killer and totally corrupt and you think he is a genius he should be locked up for life 

...and yet, here we are...

Just more proof of Teflon Tony and his genius manipulation.

...enjoy the show.

• Confused 1

Now undo the unnecessary tax amendment. All the rich and influential Thai VIPs want to transfer their funds parked in overseas accounts back to Thailand, tax-free, as before. This is how you win power and important majorities in Thailand. Srettha - completely blindly - strangled all money imports and investments into Thailand. 

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Shinawatra #1  - Military Coup d'état  2006

Shinawatra #2  - Military Coup d'état  2014

Shinawatra #3  - Military Coup d'état  coming soon to your hometime

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

This is crazy.

She hasn't done any interviews, she's got zero policies, she claims to be Chinese, but then suddenly she's Thai......what or who did she do to get this far?........why are people backing her, why is she suddenly so popular.....IT ISN'T FAIR.

Oh....wrong thread.

She is Chinese

It's hilarious reading the stories trying to make her nepo baby qualifications sound impressive. How soon before the military needs to step in again? 

Edited by shdmn

5 hours ago, DLock said:

That magnificent Thaksin Shinawatra.

He outwitted an entire political system, legal system and establishment. He spent just 1 day in prison...

...and now, here we are. His own spawn is now his puppet. From dog house to Top Dog.

Say what you want. The guy is a genius.

Clear the runway. TG  4506 from Dubai will. be landing very soon, to bring his sister back.

Untouchables.

(Golf clap).

Bring back the good old days.

I don't want Thailand to change.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Dario said:

It will not take long.

That seems to be the only way forward yet again.  Voters didn't even elect the Shinawatra party.  Now that other party has been disbanded and another one of Thaksin's spawn is running things yet again.  It's crazy.

Edited by shdmn

15 minutes ago, shdmn said:

That seems to be the only way forward yet again.  Voters didn't even elect the Shinawatra party.  Now that other party has been disbanded and another one of Thaksin's spawn is running things yet again.  It's crazy.

If you mean the PT party as the shinawatra party voters DID elect there MP they came 2nd in the election,  so this post seems full of rubbish

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

If you mean the PT party as the shinawatra party voters DID elect there MP they came 2nd in the election,  so this post seems full of rubbish

Yawn...😒

All 500 seats in the House of Representatives
251 seats needed for a majority
Turnout 75.64% (Increase 0.95 pp)
Party Leader % Seats +/–
Move Forward Pita Limjaroenrat 37.99 151 +70
Pheu Thai Paetongtarn Shinawatra 28.84 141 +5
United Thai Nation Prayut Chan-o-cha 12.54 36 New

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Thai_general_election

Edited by shdmn

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

Whatever you say.

All 500 seats in the House of Representatives
251 seats needed for a majority
Turnout 75.64% (Increase 0.95 pp)
Party Leader % Seats +/–
Move Forward Pita Limjaroenrat 37.99 151 +70
Pheu Thai Paetongtarn Shinawatra 28.84 141 +5
United Thai Nation Prayut Chan-o-cha 12.54 36 New

so you have just proved your post incorrect  voters did vote for the party   the PT did not win but people voted for them  and due to circumstances we find they are now the elected  ruling party

Just now, MikeandDow said:

so you have just proved your post incorrect  voters did vote for the party   the PT did not win but people voted for them  and due to circumstances we find they are now the elected  ruling party

Maybe english is not your first language.  I can't understand half of whatever you are trying to say.   I won't waste my time responding again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

Maybe english is not your first language.  I can't understand half of whatever you are trying to say.   I won't waste my time responding again.

Feel sorry for you, on your lack of understanding in Parliamentary Procedures

1 hour ago, MikeandDow said:

so you have just proved your post incorrect  voters did vote for the party   the PT did not win but people voted for them  and due. to circumstances we find they are now the elected  ruling party

They are the majority party in the ruling coalition - subtle difference.

IMO the coalition is quite shaky as some of them are pro-military and historical opponents of PTP.

Interesting times ahead, I think.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

IMO the coalition is quite shaky as some of them are pro-military and historical opponents of PTP.

my boy holds all the cards. has since the vote. 

Edited by stoner

4 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Hopefully yes, but remember money buys a lot of loyalty. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

is this the person you admire

Thaksin was removed from power, Chamlong Srimuang expressed regret at getting "such a corrupt person" into politics

Thailand's National Counter Corruption Commission (NCCC) submitted an indictment to the Constitutional Court accusing Thaksin Shinawatra, the prime minister-in-waiting at the time, for failing to disclose assets worth about 2.37 billion baht ($56 million) while he was deputy prime minister in 1997 and a year afterward.If found guilty, Thaksin could be banned from political office for five years. This case is known as the "stock hiding case" because the Constitution prohibits politicians and their spouses from holding shares in private companies as per the law. However, Thaksin transferred the shares he owned to his domestic staff and other nominees in order to conceal his ownership.

you ever hear of the war on drugs 2500 people killed started by Thaskin

this guys is a gangster Killer and totally corrupt and you think he is a genius he should be locked up for life 

Had he had been a member of Future Forward or a similar thorn in the side of the hi-so, he would have been banned for life. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

Just maybe the thai people want a young person rather than another old man?  Sort of like so many americans who don't want yet another old man?

Even if that person is unqualified?