Just nearly sent me back home to Blighty. 

35 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

AI usually has better grammar than in that story.

Might be so, still a bit to delicate story with colours for the readers who is in the same position. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 2

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The IOs doing the job they're paid to do should be fired?  Odd attitude.

They've got a long history of causing issues on arrivals, what specifically did the op do against the law or rules?

Raised suspicion that he may have been abusing the VE system, perhaps?   What, specifically, did the IO do against the law or rules that justifies his being fired?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You haven't answered the question, "what specifically did the op do against the law or rules?" what is it?

IO needs to follow the laws and rules not make things up

As I read the OP, the guy has spent all but 9 months of the last 3-1/2 years in Thailand.  All on various extensions.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Stevey said:

I did want he wanted and begged and pleaded to his narcissistic soul for clemency. How it would have gone if I couldn’t speak Thai I don’t know but when I proved to his superior Manager when he arrived that I have a family here he started to relent and said “ Get your girlfriend on the phone, I give you one chance for her to give the correct answers” 

Good think you speak Thai. As never encountered an IO who can speak more that much Blighty lingo, or I would not believe this post

57 minutes ago, Stevey said:

I got it from the Boss man himself. It appears that the sudden surge in young shirtless French guys razzing round Phuket on Mopeds are causing the Thai peoples already general dislike of Falang to effect the good ones like me.

“Many problems with the foreigner right now now in Thailand “

Nice embellishment. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevey said:

It was lucky I got thru to her. He bombarded her with questions and warmed to her as she was dressed in work attire cutting rubber trees.

Lucky you had an app for making video calls then, on your phone with internet connection, did she hold phone at arms length to see her cutting rubber trees ? Did you use your UK sim or did the officer call her from his phone ? Personally I would expect a long term GF to meet me at the Airport.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, impulse said:

As I read the OP, the guy has spent all but 9 months of the last 3-1/2 years in Thailand.  All on various extensions.

Fine, they want people to come here and spend money, IOs didn't get the memo it seems

19 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Lucky you had an app for making video calls then, on your phone with internet connection, did she hold phone at arms length to see her cutting rubber trees ? Did you use your UK sim or did the officer call her from his phone ? Personally I would expect a long term GF to meet me at the Airport.

I have a Sim Dtac I slipped in the phone as i used the loo route from the plane to immigration. Yes my girlfriend was in all the garb , with the big hat she looks like a which and it’s daytime so trees are visible and it was mentioned that i can cut rubber and they were impressed. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What's the point is closing the thread? gets traffic and views

What a nanny state.  Thai visa is known for having a large proportion of very nasty members who live nothing better that to bicker ( is that spelt correct, who cares) , should that be in commas  or brackets. 

This thread will go for pages like a lot of mine where members come on usually to say I’m making it all up. What a horrible bunch, mostly, but not all. 

This is a massive heads up and people should be aware if they have had a period of visa runs consecutively inside the rules they could find themselves in my boat like today , or plane. Scary stuff when the IO said even if I have a TR60 they won’t believe I’ll go home within that visas means. 

Edited by Stevey
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They've got a long history of causing issues on arrivals, what specifically did the op do against the law or rules?

It is up tp the IO on the spot to decide whether to let you in or not. You can appeal to his boss, and if he says OK, then you can enter, if not OK, you don't enter.

If you don't like the rules, then complain to Immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1