Chonburi Immigration

roger101

I need to get a re-entry permit from Immigration. So this afternoon I went there. I always go late afternoon as I find the queues by then have disapeared even on busy days. I arrived at 1540 (plenty of time i thought as I was only going to hand in my paperwork).

On arrival I went to the information area on the left, it was shut. I said to the guy by the copy machine it should be open to 1630. He said no it shuts at 1600,.I said to him it's only 1540 I got the normal shrug of the shoulders and "come back tomorrow". Checking the website it still states 1630.

The re-entry permit has to be done in person. As it happens I live on Thepprasit and go to  Jomtien most days but for somebody living further away it would be bloody annoying. I wasn't all that happy either.

It's typical of the Thai Civil Service ,they make up there own rules  when to shut when it suites them total ignoring their customers.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I don't get it. Immigration closes at 4:30pm so of course the info desk issuing tickets to see an IO would close well before that. 

OP seems to think info desk should still be open at 4:30pm so are the IO's supposed to then stick around until 5.30 to process all the issued tickets?

8 hours ago, roger101 said:

As it happens I live on Thepprasit and go to  Jomtien most days but for somebody living further away it would be bloody annoying. I wasn't all that happy either.

Yes, I live well North of town and the trip is a bit onerous.... being told to come back tomorrow is the proverbial red rag and I use agents more and more. 

12 hours ago, roger101 said:

I always go late afternoon as I find the queues by then have disapeared even on busy days

I always be among the first in the morning!

It's cooler and no stress.

Sometimes they kick me out for some stupid reason but have time to return same day.

I will be going back on Thursday at about 15.15 I have never been to Immigration in the morning (apart from when my wife had to do my TM30).

Mind you I can't understand why I need a Re-entry permit anyway. I have a valid visa so I just think it's just another way to make money, and don't get me started on 90 day. After 18 years and 72 forms at the same address it just seems a waste of paper.

36 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I will be going back on Thursday at about 15.15 I have never been to Immigration in the morning (apart from when my wife had to do my TM30).

Mind you I can't understand why I need a Re-entry permit anyway. I have a valid visa so I just think it's just another way to make money, and don't get me started on 90 day. After 18 years and 72 forms at the same address it just seems a waste of paper.

Have you tried doing the 90 day online, saves time and paper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roger101 said:

Slight change of subject. Can somebody tell me the procedure for re-entry permit , like how long it takes between handing in the paperwork and getting it back. It's so many years since  I left Thailand I can't remember.

I got a re-entry at Jomtien in July and I needed:

- application form

- copy of passport ID page, visa stamp, extension stamp

- copy of TM30

- photo

- 3800 baht for multiple re-entry (single re-entry is 1000)

I went to info desk at 2:15 for doc check and get ticket #, saw IO by 2:30, passport ready about 3:20

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1