Confusion Over U-Turn Sign Placement Leaves Drivers Baffled, Netizens Ask Who It’s For

Georgealbert

IMG_5836.jpeg

Netizens are voicing their confusion and frustration after a U-turn traffic sign was found mounted unusually high on a light pole, leaving drivers unable to see it. A local rescue worker revealed that many people don't even realise it's a U-turn spot, resulting in frequent accidents.

The incident came to light after a Facebook user named "Na Kon Rescue" posted a video showing the blue U-turn sign, which was mounted on a streetlight near Chana Anusorn School in Ban Suan Subdistrict, Mueang District, Chonburi. The post quickly went viral, with many commenting on the sign’s impractical placement and questioning why it was installed so high.

A reporter visited the location, confirming that the sign was mounted approximately three metres above the ground. The sign’s height makes it nearly impossible for drivers to notice while traveling at regular speeds, especially in an area where U-turns are frequent and traffic is heavy.

Mr. Mana, a rescue worker from Chonburi’s Mangkon Rescue Unit (Rescue Unit 18), explained that the high placement of the sign has been a source of confusion for road users. "Drivers cannot see or read the sign indicating that this is a U-turn area, and I don't understand why it was placed so high. I urge the relevant authorities to address this issue and reposition the sign at eye level. This area has seen frequent accidents due to fast-moving vehicles and the inability of drivers to anticipate U-turning cars," he said.

Locals are hoping that authorities will take action soon to prevent further accidents and ensure road safety in the area.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-22

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Love It 1

If the sign is at 2 meters high or 3 meters high U turns on major highways probably cause more deaths than any other .

If you placed a large sign to say caution aproaching U turn slow down 300 meters in front  then that may help to save lives. 

When waiting to do a U turn I can see cars are travelling at high speed .

Put a speed camera in front of each U turn , that would also help .

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Netizens are voicing their confusion and frustration after a U-turn traffic sign was found mounted unusually high on a light pole

Crikey, every kilometre I travel I see at least one unusual mounted street sign.